Saturday, July 24, 2010

Playing House

I don't know about you....
but I love getting to play hostess.

~~Getting out the fine silver~~


~~ the pretty vintage luncheon plates~~

~~making girlie desserts~~

I recently hosted a bridal shower for a dear friend.


I got to play house.

It was so much fun.


This crostata is the easiest version of a pie that you will ever find
and it is so yummy.

and pretty

you can find the recipe here
at good ole Country Living.


~~creme puffs~~
decadent.


This breakfast ring was so easy that my 9 and 7 year old made it.
It is a Pampered Chef recipe.

easy peasy

:)

I was thrilled to fill my house with lovely sweet ladies and enjoy
our time together.

and to the newly wed couple~

Best Wishes for a Lifetime of Happiness!


16 comments:

Ali said...

Oh very pretty! I love the scrabble tiles! Bravo! I too love to play hostess.

Amy Kinser said...

Everything looks beautifully displayed and wonderfully delicious.

Lindsey said...

It was so beautiful, Aunt Chas! Love you <3

Lydia said...

It was a lovely shower...:) I loved meeting you and spending time with you and Shauna! :) <3

Bernie said...

It looks like a beautiful shower, I love your silver, plates and the scrabble words was a really nice touch. Baking looks delicious.
Many prayers for dear Shauna,
.......:-) Hugs

the wild raspberry said...

It was oo-la-la lovely! Your house looked so beautiful, as usual, Chasity. You are such a great hostess, sister in law and friend. I love you so much. And the wedding was drEAmY! He really is a hunky rancher dude...:) See you in the morning.
Love,Debbie

Unknown said...

Looks lovely! I bet everyone had a wonderful time!

Lisa said...

Lovely and yummy! What fun it must have been to put out all the goodies!
Hugs, Lisa

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh Chasity it all looks so warm and inviting. I just loved the little Scrabble idea...I just may have to swipe that one. 'K'??? I'd bet the farm it was a wonderful shower.

God bless ya and have a glorious day!!!

Alisa Noble said...

It's one of my favorites too!
All the sweets look so good!

GwendolynKay said...

So elegant! I love the jars you have the flatware in.
Gwen:)

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great Chasity, isn't it fun to be girlie and celebrate!!! xo

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

How pretty! Such a lovely display of food and pretty things. Your little sweet pea did an awesome job on that breakfast ring! Recipe?

Hey girls, I found something on ETSY just now that I thought you may be interested in. It is a street sign that says HECK RD.
Here is the link:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/52226403/vintage-street-sign-heck-rd?ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_search_query=manly&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_page=&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Thinking of you and wishing you all a pretty day.

xo
becky

Carolina Mama said...

Hi Chasity! You won my ICBINotButter Giveaway! :) I don't know how to contact you! :) I announced on my blog. :) Can you email me your info? carolinamama1@ gmail . com And Congratulations!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Dang. Very, very impressive! I like playing house but am not as good as you. I tend to not be so beautiful but the love is still there. -smile-

Julia said...

Dearest Chas, I know this is way late to be commenting on here, but internet has been scarce in my neck of the woods and I'm just now catching up on your posts here! The shower was absolutely beautimous, and you are a fantastic hostess! Thank you SO much for all your work and love! It means the world to me. Love you lots. :)