Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fly Me to the Moon

We took a home~school field trip Friday to a wonderful little place

From the outside, it doesn't look like much.
In fact, it would be easy to miss altogether.

But stepping through that door is like stepping into
a Marble Heaven.



Let me tell you~
I've got a thing for marbles.

and this is the place to be if you have a thing for marbles.

There are very very big ones and itsy bitsy tiny ones....

red, orange, yellow, green and blue ones


We watched a man make a handmade marble~
their specialty.

It was fascinating and beautiful.

We played a marble game with the guide who kept us laughing from
the moment we met him.

And they have the most wonderful selection of games and toys

and gag gifts

Here you can find the world's largest underpants
squirrel underpants
chicken poop chapstick

This was Debbie's Haven of Happiness

We ended our field trip adventure with a trip to the
T Rex Restaurant.

It was surprisingly good
and there is so much to see.
If you are ever in the Kansas City area
you should definitely put the Moon Marble Company
on your to~do list

and a trip to the T Rex couldn't hurt either.

Have a wonderful day.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what gorgeous marbles.I never knew a marble could be so awesome.Your right so many colors amazing!Everything is always so far from me,lol.Kansas wow I only knew of Dorothy there,LOL.Thanks for sharing chasity.

I hope Shauna is doing much better, enjoy your weekend!~~Becky

Everyday Kathy said...

Wow I LOVE marbles and I can't believe I never heard of this company.... I even lived in Kansas City at one point... Thanks for introducing me!
(Visiting via SITS Saturday Sharefest... really enjoyed my stop here!
Kathy over at Everyday Bliss)
http://www.blisspot.blogspot.com/

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Not that I need marbles but I could go crazy shopping in there! I would probably have to take one of everything home with me.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

WoW, what a wonderful trip this would be for the Grandkiddos. I never knew it exhisted. Thanks so much for the beautiful marbled post and the heads up!

God bless and enjoy your Saturday!!!

Amy said...

What a wonderful fun filled day it must have been! Learning is fun huh? :)

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Those marbles look like candy...well, they are eye candy after all! Glad you gals had fun!

Jenny said...

I have larger paperweights like that and I love 'em. Marbles would be awesome. I'm bookmarking this post. Might be fun gifts for Christmas this coming year. Thanks!

the wild raspberry said...

Chasity, you always take such great pictures! This is a beautiful post! However, I do have to point out that we have now mentioned underwear in two posts in a row. Eww!!! Love you sis! Debbie

Heart2Heart said...

This is one place I've never heard of but that sounds as much fun as it looks. I just finished watching a show called Extreme roadside attractions and think this would definitely make it!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Lori said...

chicken poop chapstick??? *scream* who thinks of this stuff...oh, that just cracked me up...those marbles are really gorgeous...it sounds like you had a wonderful time on your field trip...how fun!!!

Lori said...

ps: exactly what do squirrel underpants look like? i would have liked a picture of those...we have lots of squirrels running around our yard right now, and as far as i can tell, they are all quite nekked...maybe they are not hip to the underpants thing...

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

That would be such a FUN place to go!! I love marbles. They are such a part of childhood memories aren't they?

Blessings,
Sasha

Mama Fish said...

Chasity-That is such an awesome place! We homeschool as well... so this post made me start longing for some field trips!

LeAnna said...

Chicken poop chapstick! *snicker* I don't know if I should be proud to say that is what stuck with me the entire blog post, haha! I bet it was really cool to see them make the marbles, though!

Bernie said...

I wasn't even aware such a place existed.....don't know where I ever thought marbles came from, I think this would be a great way to spend a day......praying your arm is better and that Shauna is is well......:-) Hugs

Anonymous said...

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to T-Rex! It looks like you guys had a blast.

Debbie, did you buy Chicken Poop Lipstick? It sounds like it'd be your color.

the wild raspberry said...

You bet your boots I did, Peyton. Wait for the next post.

snicker, snicker...

Debbie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, what fun! That marble place is out of this world!!! Neat-o.

Sending love to the sisters, big and small...

XO,

Sheila :-)

GwendolynKay said...

Sounds fascinating and they are lovely. Wouldn't they make great hardware nobs?
Blessings!
Gwen

Unknown said...

What a great place for a field trip! I would want to buy and buy and buy!

Michelle said...

Oooh, how fun! What a neat field trip. I too love marbles, and snag the pretty ones while my kids aren't looking...lol. Of course, I give them right back. ;)

Michelle @ greenearthbazaar.com