Saturday, November 7, 2009

Riding Lessons

The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. ~Arabian Proverb

Horses lend us the wings we lack. ~Author Unknown

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means.
~Rudolf C. Binding


She lifted the drooping muzzle with both hands...
It was a special embrace saved for special occasions.
~Jean M. Auel


To ride a horse is to ride the sky. ~Author Unknown

Horses and children, I often think, have a lot of the good sense there is in the world.
~ Josephine Demott Robinson

No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle.
~ Winston Churchill



My girlies have started up their riding lessons again.

They love it.

and I love to watch it happen.
those tiny girls on those big horses....
so proud and excited

******************

Somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some paradise where horses go
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again.
~Stanley Harrison

20 comments:

Lori said...

what a sweet post...your girls look they are having such a good time riding...please tell them that i think they are very brave...i am terrified of horses...someone took me riding once, and i whimpered the whole time with my eyes squeezed tightly shut...

Its So Very Cheri said...

How precious is that. What a great lesson in life.

cheri

Unknown said...

So little, the girls, and so big, the horse...nover thought about that when I was a little girl riding. My Mom must have though.:-)
Tami E.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Precious. I spent hours on the farm growing up on a horse. It must have driven my city slicker mother nuts!
Great pics!

Have a wonderfully blessed weekend makin' memories!!!

Tina said...

When are you starting your riding lessons, Chas?

the wild raspberry said...

yeah i know...it's on my to do list~
i plan on it in the spring. really.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh sweetie!
I so love this post. She looks so tiny but mighty next to that big horse. I think it is wonderful for her to be learning about horse riding. Maybe she will become a famous jumper. Olympics? You never know, but given the opportunity anything is possible.

Thanks for sharing today. Please pop over and say hi. I would love to share my pink post with you.

Country hugs and love, Sherry

Skoots1moM said...

my stepdad raises horses...they're so beautiful. you're kids are enjoying it i'm sure :D the pictures are great

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a lovely post, Chas! I grew up riding horses, and this really strikes home with me. I love them SO much, and I think some of the best hours of childhood were spent on horseback. Girls who ride gain self confidence, and it is one of the greatest pleasures on earth. Loved every last one of your quotes.

Love to all of you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Nancy Yoakum said...

Hello,
I haven't been over for a bit and was enjoy the pictures of the girls taking their riding lessons...then I was daydreaming looking at your country roads pictures....just lovely....then read about your sister and can only imagine what you are all going through emotionally. You can count on me to say prayers for your family! I am very close with my sisters and can only imagine what you are feeling. My heart goes out to you!

God Bless You ALL!!!
Hugs, Nancy

the wild raspberry said...

Hello Sweet girlie girls! I love your riding pictures! Maybe someday you will have a horse, and can teach me to ride. I love you bunches and gaboodles! xoxoxoxo
Love, Aunt Debbie

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Sweet as always, Chas! The girls must be having a great time. The quotes come from quotegarden.com. Hope you find some more there!!

LuLu said...

sooo sweet, and I am praying for your family, keeping your sister in her prayers,
xo,
LuLu

paige said...

i wish we had horse riding girls.
what a beautiful entry

praying for your shauna
xo

Unknown said...

Loved all the pictures~ I bet your girls love those horses and lessons!

Anonymous said...

The quotes with the photos I really enjoy. You matched them perfectly. ANd boy to rise a horse. I had that experience when I was young. Now, I think I'm scared LOL I know, I'm a scare-dy cat.

I also love the back roads and finding one's way home. There will always be that way, the unknown one, the place where unexpected things happen :-)

You have beautiful scenery close to home.

Mizpah,
Li

Anonymous said...

It raised my spirits to see my grand daughters enjoying something that I grew up thinking everyone did. Now I see what a wonderful childhood I was blessed with. I love you,
Grandma Teresa

Alisa Noble said...

So sweet... I used to love watching my step daughter ride durning her lessons too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Chasity!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

My kids would LOVE riding lessons... and you know I adore quotes right? Just a sweet post!

Keeping you in my prayers,
Sasha