...when it comes to candles....
There aren't very many that I like well enough to bring into my house.
These two by Yankee Candle are mighty great.
But they are very Spring-like~
and with all the rain lately...my brain could be tricked into thinking it's spring...
But I love fall to and want to get ready for the pleasures that fall brings.
There aren't very many that I like well enough to bring into my house.
These two by Yankee Candle are mighty great.
But they are very Spring-like~
and with all the rain lately...my brain could be tricked into thinking it's spring...
But I love fall to and want to get ready for the pleasures that fall brings.Usually this time of year would find me picking hundred of apples off our tree and piling them on our side porch...

making applesauce and apple pies
apple jelly and fried apples
the girlies bagging up apples and selling them
this year is different...what few apples we would have had were eaten by squirrels...
The blossoms didn't freeze~I don't know if it's just part of the natural cycle or what...
No apples.
That leads back to the candles now~~
While I was at Walmart yesterday
{yeah, don't get me started on Walmart...
I hate it too...but it is all we have in our little town...
and sometimes an emergency trip for toilet paper has to be made}
anyway...
I was at Walmart picking up some laundry soap and the smell of candles caught my attention...they were directly behind me.
Ordinarily I wouldn't buy candles from Wallyworld but one in particular caught my eye~
I'll tell you what....this baby smells pretty fine.
Just the thing for a beautiful fall day.
mmmmmm
making applesauce and apple pies
apple jelly and fried apples
the girlies bagging up apples and selling them
this year is different...what few apples we would have had were eaten by squirrels...
The blossoms didn't freeze~I don't know if it's just part of the natural cycle or what...
No apples.
That leads back to the candles now~~
While I was at Walmart yesterday
{yeah, don't get me started on Walmart...
I hate it too...but it is all we have in our little town...
and sometimes an emergency trip for toilet paper has to be made}
anyway...
I was at Walmart picking up some laundry soap and the smell of candles caught my attention...they were directly behind me.
Ordinarily I wouldn't buy candles from Wallyworld but one in particular caught my eye~
I'll tell you what....this baby smells pretty fine.Just the thing for a beautiful fall day.
mmmmmm





15 comments:
My stepmom had these all over the house the last time we visited and they are wonderful!
I guess we are going to get over our Walmart's feelings and get ourselves some candles.....By the way... No apple pie either????
sadly...no apple pie unless i buy the apples :(
Good to know! I'll have to check it out!
Hugs,Lisa
Thanks for your visit to my Pink Flowers today. We were at the newly remodeled Joann's Fabrics today and hubby started sneezing and coughing when we got to the candle area. I guess I have to be careful what scents I burn to avoid having him hacking and coughing all over the house. We are not really sure yet which ones really bother him.
I have seen the prices go way up for Yankee candles so I try to look for others.My favorite for fall is Macintosh Apple.OH it smells exactly like the apple.
I love candles--have waaaaaaaaay
too many and if I bring one more
in the house I may have to find a new address. :)
Melinda
PS-Thanks for stopping by--come back soon!
Hmmm, interesting.
The Yankee Candle that is Baked Apple Pie is my fav, but you can't get it in stores. *sigh* They made the scent just for some home business like Tupperware or Mary Kay...anyone know?
Anyway, Wild Raspberry we're near-neighbors. We live in L.S.
Come & say "hello" @ Old Sweetwater Cottage. I have an apron you might like to read/look at that was a gift.
oh...Tricia,
I would love to peruse your store and check out your candles...
any apple smells?
chas
I miss Yankees mulberry so I found McCall's sun ripened mulberries which is wonderful. Maybe I should take a second look at Wally Worlds supply. After putting mothballs under the house last night in the attempt to vacate the skunk family no candle is working well. By the way it did NOT work. Have a great day!!!
Yes! Those Fragrance collection candles are surprisingly good.
I need to check out their Fall scents.
I bought a candle from them once and it smelled like fresh baked pecan pie, made me hungry all day! hope you had a great weekend!xo
sounds perfect! must go look for some now, thanks for sharing!
mmmm i can just smell it..i love those spicy scented ones. Shame about the apples hopefully you'll have a better crop next year :)
Post a Comment