Friday, August 21, 2009

The August Giveaway and a very special BirThDaY!

Good Day Beautiful Friends...
I have some fun announcements today

First of all...please join me in giving Debbie big birthday
hugs and wishes!
I've never met anyone more willing to help a friend {or stranger}
....always with open arms and an open door to her home.
She is the best sister~in~law I could ever hope for
and my girls adore her as their aunt.
{"she is such a sweet auntie" one recently told me}


I have been working on a little altered cigar box to put her
birthday gifts in.


It was so much fun to make and very fitting to her....
pretty pink lacey and flowery


And I want to show you one of the gifts~
At the Bingham~Waggoner Antique and Craft Show....
I picked up this necklace pendant for her


It's made from a vintage pop cap...
cute, eh?


And while I was working on Debbie's box...
I decided to make another for our August giveaway.




and here are the lucious fillings....

*old photos of lovely ladies*

*an antique doll hat*

*an old paper doll and her darling outfits*

May you be blessed with beautiful sunshine and cool breezes on this wonderful weekend...
xxoo
Chasity

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Debbie.Hope you have many more!I adore the box you made,how lovely.Many cute things here, thanks for sharing them all.

Maisy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE!!!!!!
Chas~ those boxes are toooo cute.
Do you sleep???
xo
PS Happy Weekend :)

Lori said...

Happy Birthday to Debbie!!!


i love your altered cigar box:) Debbie will too, i just know it...papering boxes was one of the first things i did when i started playing with paper...and i just love it...it is fun to do and looks so great...

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE!!!

What a beautiful box!

stefanie said...

oooo, i think she is going to lovvee it

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

How wonderful to have such a sweet sister in law! Both of you are very blessed! LOVE the cigar box!! LOVE IT! The key? So precious!

Happy Birthday Debbie!!

Lou Cinda

Backyard Candle Co. said...

Happy birthday to Debbie!! Darling boxes and that necklace is so sweet!
Have a great weekend!!!

Carrie said...

Say Happy Birthday to Debbie. She sounds like a wonderful relative.
Your boxes are very lovely.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

What a sweet and thoughtfull gift... everyone needs to have a sister in law that makes them darling little boxes of delightful things!! You are super creative!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Sending blessed birthday wishes to Debbie!!!

I love your cigar box in disguise. the pop cap necklace is just too cleverly cute. You are blessed with a wonderful SIL to share all this with. Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Debbie and how blessed she is to have a sis in law like you!! She is going to love her box!!

What a cute idea to reuse those old bottle caps!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Debbie!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend! xo

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Happy Birthday Debbie!! She must be the best SIL and Auntie around because that is a beautiful box!!!!
You Ladies are lucky to have each other!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Debbie.
I have a little bantie rooster if you would like him. I think I heard him starting to crow this morning. Funny.
Chas, You do the sweetest things.
Love You girls,
Mom

Melinda said...

Cute ideas--Debbie will love your box as I'm sure anyone would!!!

Have a great weekend!
Melinda

NicNacManiac said...

Have a wonderful Birthday Debbie!!
Those cigar boxes are so freakin cute!! I love the necklace, she will be thrilled to receive this charming present...I mean...I know I would!!
Have a fabulous evening!!
Hugs xoxO, Nerina :)

maryboys said...

so many pretty things! thank you for the photos, and have a wonderful week-end:)

mary

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Debbie!! Oh I do so hopr I win this lovely box!!and goodies!!
Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

I had to laugh at Tab being vintage! The box and goodies are too lovely!! Happy birthday to Debbie:)

T

BECKY said...

Hi Chastity!! Your work is so lovely! I'm sure your SIL will absolutely love it all!! You sure did fare well in the gene pool as far as creativity goes!!

Hope your weekend is wonderful, too!!
Love and hugs, Becky

Farmgirl Paints said...

Wow how sweet was that. You my dear are talented...and one great friend:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful boxes! Happy Birthday, Debbie!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Such cute boxes you made, Chas, and a very Happy Birthday to Debbie! Checking in from break to say, "Hi"...

XO,

Sheila :-)

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Happy birthday to your SIL...how lovely that you care for her so much.

Oh....I would LOVE this FABULOUS giveaway. You've done such an outstanding job on it....Can I WIN? :-)

Blessings,
Spencer

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Debbie!
What a lovely gift, you have such beautiful vision for things!

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday to Debbie!!

I have been enjoying your sweet blog and your lovely creations;)

Have a magical weekend!

cyclona66(at)aol(dot)com