Sunday, August 23, 2009

the 23rd psalm

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures.

He leads me beside still waters.

He restores my soul.He leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,

and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord

forever.


God's promises are faithful and true......
If we are obedient to his Word ~ He promises to never leave us nor forsake us.

What a peace we can have in our hearts if we can remember this.

photos courtesy of some wonderfully talented people on flickr.

15 comments:

stefanie said...

what a wonderful post!!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

I love this verse. Anytime I read it..I am reminded of an old Keith Green song that my mom always listened to while I was growing up. Gorgeous photos to go with such an incredible promise!

RCUBEs said...

Came over to thank you and let you know that your visit blessed me but I'm more blessed by your latest post! My favorite Psalm...with wonderful pics! God bless you.

Andrea said...

Beautiful.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Great way to begin the week. Thanks. Ya'll have a great day in the Lord!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Really beautiful pictures...the last one made me tear up because as beautiful as that pictures is...heaven is going to be even more beautiful...

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

How beautiful. I have always loved that passage.

Lisa said...

Oh my! You did a great job with this one! I think I say this one at LEAST once a day! I feel so full inside when I do!
THANKS!!
Hugs, Lisa

Farmgirl Paints said...

Thank you. One of my all time favorite passages. Always gives me peace when I read it or recite it:)

Heart2Heart said...

This is such an inspirational psalm for anyone who finds themselves in a valley so low that there is no hope of getting out. This is exactly what this is written for.

I absolutely adore your blog and have commented on a couple. I noticed you passed my way today and left warm words that last beyond your visit.

I have loved being here so much I have decided to put in stakes and stay awhile. Hope you find your way back to mine someday soon and become part of my extended family.

Would love to get to know you even better.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Unknown said...

Beautiful post and gorgeous pictures!

:) T

SmilingSally said...

Beautifully illustrated.

Sarah said...

beautiful!

Cindy said...

Beautiful!

-c
yapping cat

Julie Pishny said...

This post is so beautifully done - thank you for sharing. Congratulations on your new baby - what a blessing.....