Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Spunky's Specials****snippets of a vintage collection from a savvy six year old***

My girls are collectors of
...well...
...let's call them treasures.
Treasure's of all sorts and shapes and sizes.

These are some of Spunky's favorites~

an old jar of old seashells
an old pool ball...yes...like mother~like daughter

an old sucrets box filled with wonderful treasures
what all do you see? It's like an I spy book!
a little box of stamps

a cameo

an of course her old sewing machine that she bought for a quarter this spring at a garage sale. remember that? If not...read about it here. I just love that story ;)

Those are some of my six year old's favorites...I'll show you my eight year olds favorites next Thursday. She has some goodies as well!

Enjoy your vintage Thursday.
I'll be off camping but I hope to get around to see you all real soon!
Have a wonderful weekend.
xo
Chasity

28 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

How enchanting! Your girls are so special, but the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Loved seeing these things, and that sewing machine story makes me cry!

XO,

Sheila :-)

cherry said...

THose are some lovely treasures...I think they are way cool! have fun camping chick. cherry

Jeanne Oliver said...

Sweetest post! I still love that sewing machine post. Cute, cute, cute!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I wonder where she learned to collect...Have a wonderful camping trip!!

Anonymous said...

How great is this! Oh it would be so funny if I showed what's in my 6 yr olds special box! She picks up garbage, lids, old balloon pieces... She gets really excited about these silly things...

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

such a lovely post. I like the sewing machine story too!.. super cute.. Happy VTT

CC said...

Loved the cameo, little treasure box, the stamps and the sewing machine. What wonderful treasures.
I loved the post below as well.
Happy VTT and hope your weekend is a wonderous one.

Dawn Castor said...

You've got a good collector!

Coloradolady said...

This was adorable to see you girls treasures, and the story of the sewing machine..well priceless. Seriously, that is just the sweetest story I have heard in a while. Bless the ole ladies heart that sold her that machine! And Bless your daughters heart for having such a good eye!!
Happy VTT!

Anonymous said...

The box full of nicnacs is very interesting to see :-)

Oh I read the post story about the sewing machine. I think it is such a sweet story and what a bargain! let's hope that continues as she grows and her love for it grows.

Mizpah,
Li

Lori said...

what a great collection!!! i have some stamps from when i was young and thought i wanted to collect them...email me with your addy...and i will send them to your Miss Spunky:) they are definitely vintage...LOL...

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff Spunky. I bet that you could find some more in Grandmas attic. Grandpa would be happy to be rid of some of it. :) I am looking forward to seeing some of Twinkle toes things next week. It makes me smile.
I can hardly wait for the camping trip. I think we are even going to do some face painting. I will bring my paint brushes.
Love you,
Grandma Teresa

Blue Creek Home said...

Lovely post.
My mom kept hair pins in her "sucrets" box.
Thank you so much for visiting me! Happy camping.
Rhonda

NicNacManiac said...

WOW...fabulous treasures...The sewing machine story is adorable!!
Have a fantastic time camping!!

Anonymous said...

I remember my girls little trasures.It seems they have all like the differnt seas shells.My girls painted theirs.Have a great camping time!

Lee D said...

I want to come to magical grandma and grandpa's place looks beautiful. your girls are so lucky to be able to spend time with them.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

These are really sweet! I love boxes of treasures...

I'll be camping too, I hope you have lots of fun!

Unknown said...

Children always amaze me. Your six year old's collection is so grown up. Not a hello kitty in the whole bunch. I can't wait to see what she does when she is older!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Great collections. Loved the cameo. Hope you're having fun on your trip.

Lisa said...

Oh awesome treasures! I guess it runs in the family!!
Hugs, Lisa

Carol Murdock said...

You know old glass canisters make idea show places for these kinds of treasures! The sewing machine was a bargain and the memory is a keeper! :)

Anonymous said...

what a delightful post..you've got a couple of little magpies alright lol!!..your 6yr old is showing real promise with her thrifty purchase of that gorgeous sewing machine :)

Tootsie said...

she is well on her way!!! what a great collection of collections!

Shirley said...

What a lovely collection! I especially like the sucrets box. I used to take the shiny coloured paper off the candies my grandmother gave me and smooth them out flat, flat. That was my first collection.

Love the sewing machine too. I've never heard of Damascus (well, not in a sewing machine anyway *LOL*). Maybe it's rare and a real find. Stranger things have happened.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I think that little Miss Spunky has an eye for very interesting things! I remember the sewing machine!! Gosh, time flies!

Keep on junking, Miss Spunky!

xx
becky

Rue said...

How sweet is that?! I love it when our children love the same things we do ;)

Have fun camping!

xo,
rue

Alisa Noble said...

What a fabulous collection she has!

Anonymous said...

very sweet post. So I went to see what is in my 5 yr old's treasure box. I found a cherry (a real one), ripped paper, a broken eraser and every rubber be-be that the neighbor boys leave in the street. Apparently she doesn't have the hang of it yet. :)