Sunday, July 19, 2009

roadtrip

This weekend we traveled to a magical place.....

A place where the trees seem greener~
and the clouds just a little puffier.
A place where the barns smile.
And flags fly on every corner.
We traveled to a place where children are toted around in carts.

And where willow trees play in the creek...

playfully dipping their fingers in the water.


We traveled to a place where the lawn begs for barefeet...

and little girls get lessons on how to throw sticks...

and drive lawn tractors...


...where smiles are endless.....
We traveled to that magical place called
Grandma and Grandpa's....

Where little girls turn into princesses and all their dreams come true.



visit Susan for more magical outdoor places....

39 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a sweet post. Yes, I remember well. It is a very, very special place! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Jeanne Oliver said...

Isn't that the truth!!!

Lori said...

what a sweet post!!! my grandparents were not of this caliber...and i am so happy that my own parents have been such wonderful grandparents to my boys...it really does make a difference!!!

From the Old InkWell said...

This is one of the sweetest post!! Well- written!!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

We can't wait to have grand kids!...well, (maybe we can, after all our kids still teenagers!) but you know what we mean! We didn't have Grand parents around and our kids had them for a short time. Your girls are very lucky to be able to enjoy such special time...

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post! I am so thankful for my parents and in-laws. They are wonderful grandparents!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I want to go to grandma's too! :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

Looks like my kind of place. Grandparents...they are just the best. Glad you had a good time.

Lisa said...

No place on earth like Grandma and Grandpas! I know it was a super trip!
Hugs, Lisa

Small House said...

HOW SWEET! And what a beautiful place to visit!!! Lot's of memories of grandma and grandpa for your children.
Sandra

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

thank you so much for commenting on my blog today!! I just love "meeting" new friends!!

What a darling blog and sweet post this is! I'll be sure to visit again really soon!

Blessings,
Sasha

littlebyrd said...

Delightful! I like the smiling barn and the willows :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute story you put together. You are so clever.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

We had a weeping willow tree in our yard when I was a girl and they are magical trees to play under.

Unknown said...

Grandma's is always a magical place. So sweet and loving.

g.suzie said...

Great post, it made me smile! Sorry about the arm, hope it's better soon. . .Have a great day!

Blue Creek Home said...

That is so lovely. There is no sweeter place to visit than grandparents.

Giovanna said...

What a beautiful skyline : )
I love that happy face on the barn, how cute!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I want to go there, Chas... I love the smiling barn and the happy faces!

Happy OW...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so beautiful and peaceful and everyone looks so happy! Great post!

Tootsie said...

I loved seeing you playing with the kids! Mine...were not so easy...or free....Stuffy might be a better word!
Your grand kids are very lucky!

Unknown said...

Yeah for Grandma and Grandpa's! I'm a Gramma and I hope the kids think my home is magical too! I'll have to ask them! I enjoyed your post very much!..,
Have a great week.
~Really Rainey~

Anonymous said...

Aaaaawwww how lovely this is :-) And the space - so perfect for those two little girls. But grandparents love and hugs are the best :-)

I hope grandpa's arm is not that bad.

Mizpah,
Li
(the smiley on the roof made me smile)

Becky K. said...

I love this post.
Stick throwing...how fun!

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

Amy said...

Dreamy. Memories your granddaughters will have forever.

Barb said...

Hi....lovely pictures. So peaceful and full of family time. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Barb

Fifi Flowers said...

Beautiful place to have FUN!

Anonymous said...

Your post was so warm and sweet! Thanks for sharing!

xoxoxox
Donna

stefanie said...

thats the truth!!!! making wonderful memories.

Mary Bergfeld said...

It looks like the princesses had a wonderful time getting their hands dirty :-). I love your post. As a matterof fact I love your blog. Have a great day.

Backyard Candle Co. said...

Sooooo sweet! And soooooo true! Have a great day!

It' an Evolution said...

Nothing better than that...love everyones smiles!! Those come right from the heart!
Janet

Rue said...

I loved this post. Grandma and Grandpa's place is indeed magical :)

rue

Pauline said...

What beautiful green lush grass to go with those awesome smiles

Regina said...

Lovely shots and post! Family is important.
Happy outdoor.
Regina

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What an adorable post!

Love that smiling barn.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

......ahhhh.........
how sweet it is!

....*insert big smile here***

. 0 0 .
. {} .
. .
........

Your girls sure look happy next to their wonderful grandparents!

xx
becky

Unknown said...

How fun! Special times with grandparents are wonderful. But poor Grandpa, what happened to his arm?

Ali said...

I love the willow, I am a big fan of anything that just blows about all day doing as it pleases.
If I could be any tree I would be a willow yes that is what I would be.