Close your eyes and pretend with me for a bit that ........wait........ DON'T close your eyes! Then you wouldn't be able to read my blog or see my pictures...duh.
.
Shall we begin again?
.
Pretend with me for a bit that the year is 1910.
.
Shall we begin again?
.
Pretend with me for a bit that the year is 1910.
You have brought your calling card over
...{it's lovely by the way}......
and we are going to play some mixed doubles.
We all have on our lovely tennis whites.
Don't the Dear Husbands look so cute?
.
Let me fetch the tennis balls.
Did you bring your racket? No? Well, Let's look through our stash.
I'm sure there will be one to your liking.
That one needs new strings. It won't do at all.
How about one of these?
This one? Sure.
{{Just because it says Harvard.....doesn't mean you are going to beat me, silly.}}
Let's go out to the lawn.
It should be perfect for a game of tennis today.
Love~Love.
That was terrifically exciting.
Let's relax on the side porch with the refreshments that were brought out for us.

I'm so glad you came by today.
Please come again soon.
ta*ta
Chasity
porch photo from country living.....lawn photo from flickr





35 comments:
I'm really tired from trying to keep up with you. I guess I was having a hard time because I chose the racket without strings. Maybe I should go home and rest.
This was lovely and quite a different post for a change.
good job.
blessings,
barbara jean
What a cute post! I am not much for tennis...but I would love to serve refreshments out on that porch! Clever post!!
Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.
Who knew that tennis rackets could be works of art?! Beautiful yard and porch too!
The vintage rackets make a nice display.
Simply marvelous post! Very enjoyable!
I love tennis.I played alot a few years ago.So thanks for the memories.I may just go on a cool day and try again.
This was so much fun! I'm sweating like a pi.. I mean I'm glistening now! You are just DAHLING!
PS. There are sooo many blog memes now! I have a Postcard Friendship Friday one tomorrow! This post with the vintage card would be PERFECT for it too! If you want to drop this link in the Mr. Linky tomorrow go for it!
My mom was a tennis player. What a fabulous post! See you on the porch for ice tea ~Theresa
I can't get over that those vintage ladies actually PLAYED a game, running and hitting in the HOT sun in those get-ups. How did they do it???
Cute post! Loved it. Sure wish we could spend an afternoon that way!
WOW what a lovely post!!..i love playing tennis & i'm lucky to own one of those lovely old tennis racquets too :)
Love those old racquets. Just looking at them and exclaiming over them would be enough exercise for me LOL. Beautifully displayed, too.
I felt like I was taking a trip while visiting your post. Great pictures.
I love to play but may I use my Chris Evert racket? I got it for a graduation present in 1974.
I loved playing with your rackets, but you've tired me out so it's time to take my ball and go home!
Love it all! Really neat idea for a post!
Hugs,Lisa
Hooray! Happy PFF! I sent this link to My Mom who collects vintage tennis racquets! She was swoooooning over it... My Mom is too shy to comment but I think that you have a new lurker:)
Very nice, imaginative post. Well done. Thanks for sharing.
I just loved your post...Such fun...I always wanted to learn to play tennis...I just love that image of the lady with the tennis racket..
Stephenie
this is fun post.. love the rackets.. but I guess you got to find a replacement.. coz I am no energy to cope up with you.. your swings were too fast for me.. hehehehe Happy VTT & have a great day
WOW!!! Great post! Your card is fab.
Debby
cute postcard.....cute post
Have a beautiful weekend.
Absolutely gorgeous, and so well timed - Wimbledon starts on Monday!
A game of tennis early in the morning always works for me! Have a wonderful weekend girl!
What a great post! I have never been any good at tennis!
Lovely! Thank you so much for a lovely read.
haha, so cool.
but i've never tried to play tennis.. should be funny
have a great weekend :)
Love playing tennis, but I am so bad no one will play with me :(
Hubby and oldest boy play against each other for the challenge. I bet I can get my 7 year old to play with me, he likes to win :)
I do however love your word "terrifically"
I hope you have a terrifically wonderful weekend :)
Darling post. I wished I could play tennis.
Can I have that stoneware container? THAT is quite lovely.
You are so creative! I am so glad I found your blog.
Kristine
Even though I don't know how to play tennis, still this makes me wanna. Good thing it's just pretend cause I think I'm good at tennis when it's the pretend kind LoL.
Of course, after the play, A porch waiting like that would be a refreshing thing to have :-)
Cute post. I have a silver tray by my front door so people can leave their calling cards. Unfortunately, no one comes in the front door.
Love the way you displayed those vintage rackets in the crock.
Dear Chasity,
The game was great even though it was 45- love...really, do ya think they were keeping the score right
I love your blog photo and would love to extend an invitation for you to join my blog if you so choose.
I love the girl in her tennis outfit...so very charming.
I wish we still had some of the charming customs like calling cards, hats, afternoon teas
wonderful post
Happy Fathers Day to the men in your life
hugs
debbie
I can't even imagine playing tennis in all of those clothes, but I bet it was a grand time!
Tennis? Yes please, don't mind if I do
Post a Comment