Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Good Intentions and Anniversaries

The road to blogging is filled with good intentions.
I'm not the only one, right?

You know from one of Chasity's posts, that this week was David and my anniversary, and I had every intention of doing an anniversary post. Yep, ev-er-y intention of writing a wonderfully romantic post Monday night about our anniversary Tuesday.


But...one of my kiddos had a 4:00 doctor's appointment on Monday, so we left the house at 3:30...and finally saw the doctor at 6:30. Yes, I said 6:30. He is evidently a busy man. My daughter noted, it must be because he is such a nice doctor that everyone wants to see him. Hmm...at the time, my sentiments were not running in exactly the same direction.
Sometime during the wait at the doctor's office, it occurred to me that we were not going to be home in time to leave for a ball game one of the boys had. I made a hasty phone call to my oldest son with instructions given to leave by 5:50, and don't forget to eat, we will be home late. Note this reminder.


We finally left the doctor's office at almost 7:00, headed directly for the ball field, thirty minutes away, (without our jackets, since we never went back home) only to find our game had been bumped to 8:30. The good news is, we had a nice little visit with my lovely oldest girl and my grandbaby while we were waiting for the game to start. The other good news is, Robert won his game!! Hooray!!


It it now 11:00 and we can all head home. Except...two out of the three boys have not had dinner yet. See above reminder.

David stops by McDondalds and grabs highly nutritious double cheeseburgers to feed our victorious crew and then we finally head home.

11:45, finally home, weary and longing for bed...but, we have been to a ball game, and frankly, showers cannot be skipped.

Three showers and no hot water later, my husband, who left the house at 6:30 this morning still needs his shower. The clock is ticking...what to do while we are waiting for hot water on this, our annversary eve? Wink, wink. Ahem. Not likely. We are both exhasuted and needing a shower.

Well, 24 was on tonight, and we did DVR it, and since we have to wait for hot water anyway, we may as well watch it.

My head hit my pillow at 1:00a.m. I'm sure I was sleeping by 1:01.



However, on the next day, we had a perfectly lovely anniversary...
Someday I intend to write about it. : )
...

Prayers for Shauna

And on a serious side-note....which is not an after thought at all!!! our sister is having surgery in the morning to remove a tumor that is growing on her kidney.

Please pray that the doctors do their job to the best of their ability, that the surgery goes well and that recovery is quick and complete.

We love you baby sister!

12 comments:

Lori said...

sounds like you guys are really busy...i like your daughter's optimism about why you had to wait so long in the doctor's office...LOL...i think i would probably have been thinking more along the lines of what you thought on the subject...i read between the lines on that one...i am glad you had a wonderful anniversary...you are a beautiful couple!!!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

You know what they say: "Life it's what happens while you are making plans for it". Of course you were tired, but I bet you would not have it any other way...
Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

What a cute, cute post! I recall those wild and crazy "kid days"--trying to be everywhere at the same time! But, wait! Did YOU say grandbaby? There's NO way you can be a grandmother!! Really!

I hope you and hubby did have a good anniversary celebration.

Ah, I was so sad to read about your sister's surgery! My prayers go out to all of you for a positive outcome. Dana

the wild raspberry said...

Tomorrow will be spent at the hospital, or at Darren's and Shauna's with our little niece and nephew, so we may not get back to comment to all of our lovely friends. So, thanks for the well wishes for our anniversary and prayers for Shauna. We appreciate them so much. Love, Debbie

Becky said...

I hope all goes well with your sister's surgery! I had a tumor removed a few years ago so I can sort of sympathize. I am thinking of your family.

Anonymous said...

So nice to hear you had a lovely anniversary.Many great years ahead for the both of you!Sorry to hear about your sister.She will be in my prayers.God Bless!

Backyard Candle Co. said...

That all sounds exhausting! Your sister is in my prayers! :) Have a happy mothers day!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Glad you finally got to celebrate your anniversary! Happy Belated!

And girls, I just prayed for your sister and hope that all will be well. Please let us know, and we will lift her up.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Just Be Happy said...

you are not the only one, for sure.
I'll be praying for your sister.
Happy Mother's day!
xoxo
Alessandra

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful anniversary! I hope to you have a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day!! :)

The Chateau of Remnants said...

Happy Anniversary! Great busy little story!

{ttfn}
Renee

Ps
Praying for your sister too :)

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!! I can appreciate those rescheduled, chaotic, not listening children, late appointment days, had many of them!
Saying prayers for Shauna! Please keep us posted! :)