Thursday, February 12, 2009

Whose birthday cake are you eating?

February 12th, 1809----today is the birthdate of our former president Abraham Lincoln. Yet it is also the birthdate of Charles Darwin.

The first being a man who did so much good for our country. A man who is known for honesty and integrity.



The second, a man who lost all faith in God and put our wonderous creation in the hands of evolution.



We can see the downward-spiraling effects of a nation filled with people who have been spoonfed this lie and just eat it without question. It is a mournful day indeed when we consider how many have left the Almighty God to side with a man who said "disbelief crept over me at a very slow rate, but was at last complete."
.
If you haven't yet seen the documentary 'Expelled'-- today would be an excellent day to spend the buck at Redbox and watch it. Let us be thinkers and not just followers.
.
“Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”

Well said Mr. Lincoln...and Happy Birthday.

7 comments:

Lori said...

i am eating my dad's birthday cake today!!!
i have been really wanting to see expelled, thanks for reminding me!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This was a very thought-provoking post. I didn't realize that Lincoln and Darwin shared the same birthday. And I can't believe that people still cling to that ridiculous theory. If there was interspecies evolution, how come we stopped evolving??? ;-)

Amen to this post!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

What an excellent post! I too didn't know that they shared the same birthday. It definitely takes more faith to believe in evolution than creation. Happy birthday, Mr. Lincoln...and thanks for the post!
~Michele

Kasey said...

cake..............did someone say cake???

Anna Marie said...

Terrific post! {applause}

I could say so many things about that ridiculous theory but I won't. Just glad we share the same belief.

God have mercy on our corrupt world.

the wild raspberry said...

Well said, Chasity! I love you! Thanks for posting such a wonderful post for us today! Love, me

blessings said...

Amen to that!!

Today is my son's birthday (2/14) and he's turning 18 so I'm having a bittersweet chocolate cake today ;)

Valentines Blessings... Polly