Monday, January 26, 2009

The Motherlode


I just bought a huge pile of vintage buttons from a lady in the next town over. Oh, the pure joy of dumping them out and searching through them one by one. What could I do with this one? Oooh, here is a pretty one! The endless possibilities. What is that?? Look very closely at the first picture. There is a little critter hiding in the buttons.

Isn't he cute? A little doggie that is wishing me good luck.



Did he come from a bag of dogfood? That is kinda gross but I like him instantly anyway. No matter what his past.
.
Do you see any you like? I do.

Look. There is even a little tiny statue of Jesus. Interesting. You just never know what you'll find.

9 comments:

Maisy said...

I don't even have a possibility of what I would do with those....however I would want them badly. That dog and Jesus are awesome. You are so cool..

Lori said...

that dog is just too cute...i love old buttons too...my favorites are the imperfectly perfect shell and beautiful glass buttons...

littlebyrd said...

Dumping out a jar buttons has to be on eof my favorite things! You know what I do with the larger ones? I get those little black magnets and hot glue them to back of the prettiest buttons.

kraftykash said...

How fun! Every once and awhile the local thrift store will have a bag of buttons for sale.

Jeanne Oliver said...

I adore jars of buttons..especially white and cream ones. If it has a little jewel it is even better. I love to make bracelets. Have fun!!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

I adore jars of buttons..especially white and cream ones. If it has a little jewel it is even better. I love to make bracelets. Have fun!!!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I am drooling!!! Great find and that dog is adorable!!!

Chas, I went into the custom orders and added the box to my cart but I cannot seem to figure out how to pay for it. Do you want to send me an email or send me a pay pal request for money?

My addy is:
sweetcottagedreams1@comcast.net

LOVE the box!! It turned out sooooo cute!!!!

xoxoxo
Becky

Anna Marie said...

You found some buttons! Yeah for you! You (or at least one of you) were telling me that you wanted to find some old buttons. I am going to be "de-tashing" my rather large collection of vintage buttons here within the next couple of weeks. Do you want me to contact you? Just in case?

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments. I enjoyed your blog and added myself to the followers (did I "Make Your Day"?...LOL!)

I love the button blog...I have an old jar filled with button from my grandmother. We used to play with them when I was little and now I'm lucky enough to have them. I need to DO something with them!

PS: Your daughters jewely and store idea is precious. Can't see what they come up with...because the purse was WONDERFUL!