Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Little Girls with Big Dreams




This is a story about my girlies. Yes, I've shown this picture before. For those of you new to the blog, they are 7 and 5. I refer to them as Twinkletoes and Spunky. They are wonderful and sweet and good {mommy has a right to brag a bit, right?} So . . . the other day I had been working away at something while they were up in their bedrooms {what I thought was playing} They ran in excitedly...



Mama, we are starting our own store!

.

Is that right?

.

Yes. We made our own sign and we've already got stuff made for it! We are calling our store The Wildflowers.

.

Oh. I like that name.

.

Do you wanna see our stuff?

.

Of course.

.

We made a necklace.....a bracelet....another necklace... another bracelet....{they are revealing them one by one}
.

.

Very nice.

.

So...Do you think people will really buy them?

.

now, here comes the tricky part, right. after all, their jewelry is made from bits of treasure that they have found off the floor of Hobby Lobby.

.

Well...hmmmm....{yes, I am stalling. looking for the right words} Well, I'm not sure if people want jewelry that is made from a string or not.

.

Wrong answer. Now they both have tears in their eyes. how sad.

.

No, don't cry. I think that you girls are really onto something great. But maybe you should make some things that are a bit more sturdy.

.

Ok. {they say with weak voices, holding back the tears} Like what?

.

I don't know. Let's think about it. I'm sure we can come up with something that people will buy.


So, we went to the library and did a little research. The girls are going to try their hand at some felted wool goodies. Not much sewing. Pretty easy to work with. They have some great ideas already. Don't you remember the darling felt purse Spunky made for Christmas which was a surprise gift for me?




It is so sweet.


.
I'll keep you posted when they have some things ready. They are very excited to reveal their new shop. {They wanted their very own website but I told them I didn't think I was up for all that work again, yet. They can have a special little spot on our website for now.}
.
So....get your wallets ready. I know you are gonna love their stuff!

Chasity

13 comments:

Maisy said...

Chasity, I'm ready....I'm ready....I will be their first customer. Can't wait to see what their creative little minds come up with.
:)

Lori said...

ohmygosh!!! how sweet is that...i love those girls already...i can't wait to see what they make for their shop!!!

i have you firmly plugged into my google reader...can that count?

Alisa Noble said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is so sweet!

kraftykash said...

My 9yr olddaughter is ALWAYS looking for ways to make $$$. Love the song on your page. Good Luck to those cute little girls!

Jan Thomason said...

okay, bff, i would like to buy one of their necklaces.........one of the ones that you said you weren't sure would sell.
i'd like to buy one of them because i LOVE STRING JEWELRY.
oh, yeah, one of my favorite things.
and i love blessing little girls.

so, ask them how much and send me a paypal invoice.

thanks,
jan

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Chastity! What a sweet post, and I think it's good that you're encouraging the girls in their creativity. And your blog is very cute...

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

BTW, your girls are P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S!

XO,

Sheila

Kasey said...

what a wonderful sweet post!
xxoo

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Chas!! this is exciting news!! I made things and sold them when I was 12 so they have a good start on things!!!! How fun!

xo
Becky

littlebyrd said...

That is so sweet! I think it is just incredible that they are wanting to do their own thing at such a young age - real entrepeneurs - look out! They will be forces to reckon with later in life. And wonderful of you to encourage it!

Jen Kershner said...

That is so precious. Love that they are so artisitic.

Trez said...

need website. I new to this so check out mine if you get a chance!

Sarah said...

How precious! I didn't realize when I read the later post about them sewing that they were selling those items! Off to check out the website! :)
How sweet!