Saturday, June 18, 2011

Our Growing Girls












Today was the Birthday Bash for my girls and Shauna's girl.
It is something we have done together for quite a few years now.

Having to do it without her stinks.

But life does continue.

The sun continues to rise every morning.
The seasons continue to change.

And I have to live this life as joyously as I can~

for those girls.

I need to show them the hope that lies within me...
that we will be reunited with Shauna and all our loved ones
if we continue on the journey that God has set before us.

I must show them that my love for them is as deep as the ocean runs deep.

Even when my heart aches from a hole that will never be filled~
they fill my heart with amazing love...
deep and unmovable.


My goal is to make every day special and special days spectacular.

and to remember

"Life is Good"


14 comments:

Tina said...

Beautiful party for three beautiful girls...thrown by a beautiful mommy & aunt. I know the girls loved every moment of their day!

the wild raspberry said...

And you did just that! You made it a beautiful, spectacular day! Did I mention, I wish you were my mom? I love you, Chas. :)

Love,
Debbie

Marli said...

That cake looks fabulous!! Looks like a great time!

Coloradolady said...

What a cute party and adorable cake. I think about you a lot, knowing this year is not going to be an easy one. Just know, she will be there waiting to reunite with you one day. Just know, I keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I know Shauna is missed. What a wonderful thing to do and continue to do. So glad you're sharing the Hope with all the girls...in such a memorable way.
Pat

Anita said...

What a lovely party and the pictures are wonderful.
Blessings to you and your family as you celebrate the joys of life, while remembering your sweet sister.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I have missed you...I love your heart...you are so right.

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

What a beautiful (colorful) birthday bash.

These will be literally sweet memories for these girls.

~Violet~ said...

Thanks for sharing, I've missed you! Looks like it was a lovely party with beautiful memories made.

Continuing to pray for you & your family. Hugs....

Lucy said...

You are so right. About the fact that going on without your sister sucks, that her not being here to live it all with you is plain heartbreaking. But you are also so right that you have to go on and fill those girls with hope. They will look back, they will remember, and years from now they will look at you and know how much you all still miss Shauna. But they will also remember the love and happiness and good times that you've still shared. And they'll realise that you set them a great example; it isn't about hiding grief, but showing that you can still find joy in life. I heard someone say recently that all the tragic things that have happened to his family ( and there were a few) have taught him that with faith, and with the love of your family, you can go on. I know I look to my mum, my grandma and my aunt and think, well, they got through that with grace, so could I too? And I want to try and set that example for my nieces too. Maybe not doing too well right now, but I'm on it! Loving the family around you, celebrating each little person, enjoying every minute of life you can...teaching children to do that even when life sends these huge challenges.....is so right.

Elizabeth Maxson said...

What a beautiful party for the girls. Celebrating their lives in such a wonderful way, I would imagine helped celebrate your sister's life as well. I hope the day gave not only your girls a few smiles, but you too.

You deserve lots smiles and they will come.

Love,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Just thinking of you. God Bless your broken heart, miss your posts

Annesphamily said...

Love to all of you! You know Shauna is smiling down on all of you from heaven!? What a beautiful birthday bash! Hugs Anne

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Sweeetie, I truly believe that Shauna Angel was there beaming that big bright smile of hers so proud of the way your girls are carrying on family traditions for her children.

You girls and your family have been in my prayers each and every day this summer. I know how close ya'll are and how very hard this must for for you.

The big bright party and beautiful cake was a perfect party for the girls. A very happy birthday to all.

God bless you sweetie and have a most beautiful day!!! :o)