Two Saturdays ago, Shauna left this earth.
Last Saturday, we had her memorial service.
The two hardest days of my life.
I've gotten through the past two weeks in a haze of tears.
There are so many emotions that have washed over me...
feelings I never even knew existed.
I try to knock down the ones that aren't helpful.
When the thoughts of unfairness and injustice creep in~
I try to replace that. And quickly.
It doesn't make it any less true~
but it doesn't help any one.
It doesn't help me. It doesn't help her husband.
It doesn't help her children. It doesn't help our parents.
or our sisters.
It just doesn't help.
I have to focus and refocus my thoughts.
I want her little ones to be able to see a little slice of their
Mommy living through me.
I want to be able to fill a bit of that void... to be that comfort...
I have been spending lots of time looking at photos.
So many beautiful photos~ always with a smile on her face.
I have been watching bits of video to hear her voice.
I don't want to take the easy road and just get busy with life
so that I don't have to deal.
I want to keep our wonderful memories alive.
I don't want my own children to forget what a great aunt she was.
Always pouring attention on them.... giving them sweet compliments...
letting them spend the night~ and making those nights so special.
With every day that passes...
whether it has been a really sad day...or an ok day...
I tell myself~
I am one day closer to heaven.
I am one day closer to seeing Shauna again.
I am trying to keep my focus on that goal.
Keep my eyes on the finish line...
and I will try to be joyous on my journey to get there.
I will work my hardest to help those that Shauna loved
get there as well so that we can all be reunited on that
great and happy day.
I know that if she could talk to me now... she would say
"and you thought that sunsets were pretty"
I have tried to imagine Heaven more than I ever have before.
I'm sure that what I've imagined can't do it justice.
~~~
The pain is still so fresh and so deep.
The littlest moments open up that wound and the tears
begin to fall.
Little things that come unexpectedly....
the sun's rays through the clouds.
a song on the radio.
It will be a long road to healing. I'm so very aware of that.
Unless perhaps the Lord comes first and our days on earth are over.
Either way~ as I begin that walk ~ to try to figure out how life goes on...
I will put my trust in Him.
Study His Holy Word.
and rely on prayers to strengthen me.
My own prayers.
and the prayers of others that keep me lifted up.
Blessings to you~
Chasity
Saturday, April 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





19 comments:
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Your family is lucky to have you, including those precious children who must be missing their mama excruciatingly. I pray that God's comfort and peace and presence would be tangible for you in these painful, heart-wrenching days.
As you know, all too well, there are no magic words anyone can say to take away your pain. I wish there was... for you and for me. My little brother died of cancer just over a year ago (which was 6 months after my mother died suddenly in her sleep). I still have good days and bad days... but mostly good days at this point. Time helps and remembering them helps. The truth of God's Word helps. Let other people help and love you. They feel helpless and being able to do something positive in this horrible time is a blessing to them and to you.
I am very sorry for your loss. This is a proverb I shared at my brother's memorial service. Please try to find some comfort in it (even though it seems impossible right now.)
Say not in grief 'He is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was.
Debi
Chastity,
I'm so sorry to learn of your loss. I've been away from blogging and didn't see your past two posts until this morning.
One thing I've been trying to do is lead a more purposeful life. Really connect with my little ones...children that I BEGGED God for during my years of infertility. As Shauna's life teaches us, our days are numbered and we really don't know how long we have on this Earth with our loved ones before God calls us home.
I hope it is some tribute to your your sister's beautiful life, that your loss has been much of a motivation to me to be more fully present with my loved ones as I read about her battle.
Blessings...you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers,
Valerie
Hi Chasity, I think of Shauna quite a lot -- I've even saved that last Caring Bridge update. Your words of this separation are sooooo beautiful, so eloquent, and so hit the bullseye on how it feels to lose a loved one. Two days ago was the 1st year anniv. of watching my mom step into eternity. Perhaps she has already met up with Shauna and they've had tea? :)
Thanks so much for sharing your heart here --- in a way we've all loved sweet Shauna.
XOXO
Ruth
Your wonderful heart shines through here, dear Chas. Shauna would be proud of you and more importantly God is proud when you lean on Him as you are. You are ever in my prayers. I love you.
Hi Chas, thank you for the update, I have been concerned for you and the others.
I am dealing with my own pain of losing Shauna as I had grown to love her and all her family. I think of McKenna and Carter every day, always wondering how Darren is coping, your parents and of course you, lovely lady.
I still pray for acceptance, peace and understanding. Please be kind and loving to yourself so that you can share yourself with others who need you. Love you Chas.....:-)Hugs
It's so good to hear from you again. I've been thinkin' of you and prayin' for your dear family.
Grief is a strange thing. I know there are some things I think would throw me off the deep end...don't. Then the smallest silliest thing will trigger those emotions.
A piece of your sis will shine through you onto her children. You will keep her spirit alive for them. You guys were too close for it not to.
Know my heart is achin' for you but when you feel sad and the burden in heavy just close your eyes and picture Shauna dancin' with Jesus!!!
God bless you and let me know if I can ever do anything.
I am so sorry for your loss. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for your comfort and strength, also for your entire family. If there is anything I can do please let me know. ((HUGS))
I am so very sorry. I found out from the caring bridge site right after she passed away, and I began praying. I am sorry sorry sorry.
God hold you and keep you safe in His arms.
Thinking of you and your family~ This post is simply beautiful and also helps me to continue to heal from the death of my mom~ thank you for sharing so much, so honestly and so emotionally. You are a wonderful person!
I have been wondering and thinking and praying for you and your family. All that you have written has been hard I know that. I have lost four family memembers now and the pain is not even a question.
Your in my Prayers and on my Heart.
Beautiful post. Your sister would be proud of you and she knew you would do all this Im sure of it.
I would too for my sister young and did when her marraige was going. I took over her kids .Hard to explain but I did what you want to do when the Mom and Dad could not.
Lisa xoxo
It's hard to know what to say, I am so sorry for your loss and want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers. Keep your eyes fixed on God and he will give you strength.
Hugs,
Marnie
Dearest Chas, there are no words of comfort that will heal you now....in time, and when you have shed many tears, you will begin to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
It has been more than 30 years since I lost my older sistur at 34.Time will heal your broken heart, but never rush yourself. Grief is a process, and you will go through many stages as you try to process the unimaginable pain...but I promise that you will......for Shauna, her husband and her beautiful children...you will see, angel.
With love and deep sympathy, Nancy & family.
I wish I were there and could hug all of you! I am so sad for you. What a loss. Shauna was so amazing. Her courage and she smile. I think about her a lot and have to stop by to say hello to you. Keep your faith ,it somehow will get you thru. Somedays are wosre than others but know she loved you all so very much and you will one day she her again. I wish I could be there in person for each one of you. You are such an aamzing bunch of family! Love to you Anne
I've been reading your blog for only the last little bit of this journey for your Sister and her family...
I'm heart broken for you in the TEMPORAL SENSE... But, I'm overjoyed for you and your sister in the ETERNAL SENSE. And I know that is where you find comfort.
May God's peace comfort you and your family all the while...
Chas, I simply do not have the words to tell you how sorry I am. I have lost many of the people I love from this earth, but like you, I keep my eye on the goal of being with them again some day in Heaven. If it is any cosolation, I'm thinking of you and hoping that in the midst of tears, you find some semblance of joy and have moments of laughter when you are remembering.
Blows like this can make you feel like you can't draw a full breath, but you will evenutally. There are a lot of stages to grief. Just be sure not to short circuit them. I did that once before, and it wasn't good. I learned from that mistake. I think you are doing the right thing.
Sending you warm hugs and tender thoughts...
XO,
Sheila
It is hard to know what to say, except that Shauna's spirit truly shines and her story has touched the lives of many and will not be forgotten. I stumbled upon your blog when my husband was diagnosed with a terminal illness six months ago. He is still here with me, but dealing with illness such as this is a reminder of how precious and fragile life is. Shauna's passing affected me a great deal, so I can only imagine a fraction of what you must be going through and thank you for sharing this journey. Many blessings to you and your family. -Christina
I don't know what you're going through because I have never experienced such loss, but do know that you are in my prayers, sweet sister, and the rest of your family. Love to you-
Chasity, I hope that you will see this post I leave you. I am catching up on blog friends and you and your family have been on my mind for so long now. Just looking at Chasity's gorgeous photos makes me smile inside because who could not smile back at her beautiful face. You know she is walking with our Father now and in time, we will all be together. Just keep the faith, dear one, and know that Chas is always with you. Just talk to her and tell her your heart. She will hear, as will God. I know your pain. I know it all too well. I have days of depression and tears, but my faith holds me together like glue. Stay strong...and it is okay to cry. Give your girls a hug from me, ok?
love to you and yours,
becky
Post a Comment