Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day Two


*I wanted to update you all about Shauna's surgery*

The surgery went well. The doctor removed as
much of the tumor as he could.
He also had to remove some of her bone so
she now has rods and pins in her spine.

They did a cat scan on the area but the results are not in yet.

She was awake and visiting and eating last night....
which is a big improvement over the last procedure.

It was so nice to see her smile.
:)

Thanks for all your warm wishes, prayers, and thoughtful emails.

It sure helps to get through this.

If anyone would ever like to make a donation for Shauna's cause~
email me and I can help get that set up.

I'm sure that there will be many new expenses when she has
to start traveling to Houston.

She is also going to a raw foods diet~ which is not a cheap way to eat.
However, she just met someone that had inoperable cervical cancer
and she beat the disease by switching to a raw foods diet~ no chemo or radiation.

Anything that is going to help~
I say go for it.

It sure must help eating all those wonderful vitamin-packed foods.

Here is a link to Shauna's caring bridge site if you would like to leave a
note directly for her:

Shauna's page

Have a great day and Thanks again~


{{Big Hugs}}

24 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Bless her heart, I know how hard it is to see your precious sis battle this thing. I'm so thrilled she was eating and smiling. As I've said before she is an amazing woman who is a living testament for her Lord.

There is a button on CaringBridge for donations too.

The raw food diet is a good idea, I've heard many good outcomes by changing the diet of cancer patients. Is she goin' to the Cancer Center of America down in Houston???

Know you have pray warriors out here holdin' Shauna and your family up in prayer. She is so bless to have wonderful caring sisters.

God bless you with at miracle today!!!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Our heart and best thoughts with you all!

Lucy said...

hello, i have just found your blog and am so sorry to hear what your sister is going through. How incredible and brave she sounds.

You probably will already know all this info but I thought I would send you this link I had bookmarked.

http://vegetarian.lovetoknow.com/What_Can_I_Eat_On_the_Raw_Food_Diet


love to you all, I know I'm a stranger but I can tell what an amazing family you are.

Lucy said...

http://vegetarian.lovetoknow.com/What_Can_I_Eat_On_the_Raw_Food_Diet

there is the link not sure it came through above

Lucy said...

http://macrobiotics.co.uk/cancer.htm

Lori said...

Chasity, i will be praying like anything for your darling sister!!! that girl is amazing i tell you, smiling through all of this...what a testimony to hope and faith your sister is!!!

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR CHASITY,
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THE UPDATE.
PRAISE THE LORD THE SURGERY WENT WELL AND MAY IT CONTINUE TO GO WELL.
THAT IS SO ENCOURAGING SHE ATE LAST NIGHT. MY HUSBAND AFTER HIS BACK SURGERY WAS STILL OUT OF IT THAT NIGHT.
BLESS YOU ALL AND THANKS FOR THE LINK TO THE CARING BRIDGE.
LOVE AND HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

RCUBEs said...

Passing by here sometimes without leaving comments but I never forget to leave a prayer and keep your sis in my prayers. May the Lord bless you all and believing in His miraculous healing. God bless.

Bernie said...

Chas, always praying for Shauna and her family and I am so pleased she is doing so well. Sending warm thoughts, big hugs and tons of prayers for all of you....:-) Hugs

Alleluiabelle said...

Sweet One,

I am so happy that Shauna got through this surgery. She is always smiling isn't she...no matter what she had endured. Such a beautiful beautiful woman as you all are...so tightly knit together...just beautiful.

My prayers continue to rise up the heavens to His Throne Room of Grace for His divine miracle for her every day.

Love you so much,
Alleluiabelle

Alisa Noble said...

So glad this one has been easier on her!

Heart2Heart said...

Praising God that she made it through surgery! Now the wait begins and I truly believe only good things will come of this from here on out.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks so much for checking in with us. I have been thinking of all of you during Shauna's battle. I hope and pray things go well. I want her to beat this!

XO,

Sheila

Unknown said...

They were talking about a raw food diet the other day on Dr Oz. It sounded like a great thing. Hope it helps and we continue to pray here. So glad to hear that she was doing well after surgery. This one sounds especially painful. God bless Shauna and your entire family.

Martha said...

This is wonderful that she has an appetite and is doing pretty well. I am sorry I missed the initial post about her surgery...but sending you all prayers for you and your family:)

Unknown said...

Thank you for updating us on Shauna's surgery. She is being uplifted in prayer daily.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear she is doing good, and hopefully fingers crossed everything comes back A-ok! I was going to tell you about the raw foods diet and I got sidetracked, I think that is a really wise way to go! It can't hurt right??? Thanks for the update chasity...blessings~

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

Please know that I prayed for Shauna today! May she receive strength and healing today. Hugs - Claire

the wild raspberry said...

Just got back from visiting sweet Shauna. She is doing so great tonight. Sunshiney smile and sleepy eyes, but great! It is so good just to be in the room with her. See her. Hear her voice. Hug her. Wonderful night. Love you all thanks for your kind words and prayers for Shauna.
Love,Debbie

the wild raspberry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You guys are in all of our prayers here at the Jenkins house. We love you all!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I have been praying so hard for your Shauna. I will continue to do so. This raw food diet sounds like something we should all think about.
God Bless,
Ginger

Melly said...

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well:)
Thinking of you all
hugs & love
Melly

The Strawberry Mallard said...

Chas, will it be at the Burzynski Clinic? If so there isa little girl named Maryn I have been following for several months, who has been there. Let me know and I will send you the link.
Esther would have a hard time keeping up with your beautiful sister.
Love to you all, Nancy