Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Two Tweet Valentine Boxes

My Little Wildflowers have been working on their
Valentine boxes this week.

They started with an unfinished bird box from Hobby Lobby

and after much
painting
papering
glittering
sparkling
and ribboning

they are done.
{hopefully}






Remember.....

Twinkletoes loves pink

Spunky loves blue






If I could describe them in a word

Twinketoes = Perfectionist

Spunky = Eclectic

Doesn't it show in their artistic styles?

~~~

My favorite quotes during the project:

Spunky~ "Sparkles rock."

Twinkletoes~ "Mom, I can't take you seriously when you have glitter on your nose."

{she is 8....isn't she funny?!}

Hubby~ "Whatever happened to a shoe box with a slit in the top?"

Pardon me?

We never had a shoe box with a slit in the top.

SSSShhhheeeeesssshhhh.

20 comments:

cherry said...

Too cute ...you have two talenteed kiddos.

Bernie said...

Well don spunky and twinkletoes.. these are lovely......:-) Hugs

Lindsey said...

How cute! Hehehehe...my favorite part was the, "Mom, I can't take you seriously when you have glitter on your nose." :D

the wild raspberry said...

Oh, my sweet girlie-girls, I love, love, love your Valentine boxes! I am so glad to have such talented and sweet nieces! They are beautiful! Love you both! Auntie Debbie

the wild raspberry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melly said...

oh they did such a wonderful job, I loved what they said also...soooo cute!!

hugs Melly:)

Kelly L said...

Very sweet

Love to you
kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

Anonymous said...

The tradition continues. No shoebox with a slit. You will have to ask your sister what her boys made for their boxes. Pretty awesome also.
I do love the birdhouse boxes. I also love their different styles. The world would be pretty boring without the differences.
Great job girls.
Love you,
Mom/Grandma

Joanna said...

love the scrapbook paper that you used. Wish I could find pretty fabric like that at the same price. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Have a great day! Joanna

Lori said...

those are both gorgeous!!! their classmates are going to have valentine box envy big time!!! LOL...i remember those shoe boxes, with a few heart shaped doilies badly glued all over the outside...

the wild raspberry said...

yeah...that would have been my husbands....

and he wouldn't have made it willingly either!

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

Very Creative!!! I think they are just darling...

Unknown said...

how sweet those are! thank you for stopping by my blog today :) susan

Blondiensc said...

Just darling...I love your husbands comment that is soo something that the pool man would say! ha!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Awwww these are just precious. Yep, I understand Hubby's comment. All I ever had was the shoebox with the hole cut in the top.....decorated of course! You'll have to keep these 'Tweet' Valentines boxes, their treasures for sure!!!

Enjoy and have a fabulously blessed day!!!

GwendolynKay said...

They are both very tweet, I mean sweet:)
Blessings!
Gwen

Heart2Heart said...

I absolutely adore these wonderful creations. I would have to take this project on with both of my girls and just see where creativity takes us.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, how cute! Those Wildflowers are SO talented, like their mom!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Alisa Noble said...

Darling! They both did such a wonderful job!

The Strawberry Mallard said...

Oh you just have to love those girls! Too sweet ~!TY for sharing Chas!
Hugs, Nancy & ANgus