I will be taking a break from blogging for a while.
It may be a few days...
or a few weeks.
I will be spending the time getting some focus back.
Instead of checking blogger every morning~
I will be opening my Bible.
Blogging's not all bad
You have been such a blessing to me.
In fact, yesterday I was having a real low moment fighting off tears and questions
and as we were leaving the house I noticed a box by the front door.
It was from Amy and it was filled with the sweetest goodies and encouraging card.
It really warmed my heart to know that she sent this to me just to cheer me up,
it couldn't have arrived at a more needed moment.
Thanks dear friend.
It is moments like that when I'm so glad for Blogville.
But there are also unhealthy things I've experienced from it.
all the time it sucks up
comparing myself to others and feeling like I don't measure up
wondering why this person or that person doesn't become a follower
I thought I had long left those insecurities behind in the halls of high school
So....
I have some things to think about and sort out.
I will be checking my mail every day if you want to say hi.
*and I will leave you with a prayer request*
Shauna will be having a procedure tomorrow
Monday
February 8th
they are planting seeds of chemotherapy directly into her liver
she will be in the hospital a couple of days
Please pray that this is successful.
Pray that a cure for cancer is found soon.
I love you all and I will be seeing you later
It may be a few days...
or a few weeks.

I will be spending the time getting some focus back.
Instead of checking blogger every morning~
I will be opening my Bible.
Blogging's not all bad
You have been such a blessing to me.
In fact, yesterday I was having a real low moment fighting off tears and questions
and as we were leaving the house I noticed a box by the front door.
It was from Amy and it was filled with the sweetest goodies and encouraging card.
It really warmed my heart to know that she sent this to me just to cheer me up,
it couldn't have arrived at a more needed moment.
Thanks dear friend.
It is moments like that when I'm so glad for Blogville.
But there are also unhealthy things I've experienced from it.
all the time it sucks up
comparing myself to others and feeling like I don't measure up
wondering why this person or that person doesn't become a follower
I thought I had long left those insecurities behind in the halls of high school
So....
I have some things to think about and sort out.
I will be checking my mail every day if you want to say hi.
*and I will leave you with a prayer request*
Shauna will be having a procedure tomorrow
Monday
February 8th
they are planting seeds of chemotherapy directly into her liver
she will be in the hospital a couple of days
Please pray that this is successful.
Pray that a cure for cancer is found soon.
I love you all and I will be seeing you later







32 comments:
I to feel these things and don't blog like I use to because of it. I have been praying for your sister daily and always read your blog but very seldom comment, on anyones blog, because then I always wonder why they didn't comment back. I will keep you and your sister~family in my prayers. I am going to put your button on my blog, and will ask for prayers for her on my Spiritual Sunday blog. There are always lots of prayers going on there.
Enjoy your Bible reading and you will be missed.
Blessings,
Ginger
I completely understand this. Enjoy your break, I know it will be a blessing!
Chasity,
I hope God blesses you greatly as you leave the blog for a time, to dig deeper into his word.
Blessings!
Gwen
Precious One,
I know exactly how you feel. I have been there and still struggle trying to get around to comment on many blogs. I've actually shut my blog down twice in the very beginning of blogging, but then I realized that the main reason for my blogging in the beginning was like a journal for me and it turned into more than that. I get around to comment when I am able because I suffer from many chronic things going on physically within my body.
You have been a blessing to me in the short time that I have been coming here and you continue to be a blessing to me dear one. I am praying for your dear sister Shauna, especially for tomorrow.
Know that I love you and my mind, heart and prayers are with you. I look forward to you coming back and hearing how God continues to move in life. Please update us on Shauna when you can.
Love you & big hugs,
Alleluiabelle
Chas, I hope and pray all goes well with Shauna tomorrow, and I hope and pray that all is well with you. I have been forced to be away from my blog for a bit (due to house needs, volunteer commitments, etc.), but I find that I truly do miss the support blogging can be and miss knowning what is happening in the lives of people I have grown to love.
As with life out of the Land of Blog, things can creep into the picture here, too, so I think it's good to step back and gain persepctive, particularly when the time spent will be spent in the Word. Just know we will miss you and will be thinking of you during your absence, sending you all good wishes and love.
XO,
Sheila :-)
I can appreciate your humility that admitting a break, from blogging, is needed. I hope your perspective gained "from the outside, looking in" will be refreshing, and that you'll know in time what a real blessing you've been - to me and to others. Grow as you go...and God Bless you richly as you spend more time in HIM.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Shauna tomorrow... for her little family... and the rest of you as you stand be her side in this season of stretching. God Knows!! He is able to sustain you and gird you up.
Love to all.
Chastity...we will be here when you return...I know I feel the same and sometimes a break is for the best.
Prayers for Shauna and the rest of your family!
Take care, love and peace!
xOxO Nerina
I've enjoyed reading your blog.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope the Lord wraps his arms around you all with love and courage during this difficult time.
P.S. Your honesty is refreshing.
God bless you!
Anita ( a reader from Alabama)
Very understandable!
I'll keep you both in prayer and thought!
Hugs!
Chasity,
I am praying for shawna and I am praying for you. May HE fill you with HIS word, will, love, grace, peace, and comfort. May HE strengthen you like never before.
Hugs, love, and prayers, andrea
I understand. I did the same thing, as you know.
I follow you anon, just like all the others, because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings if I don't.
I will pray for all of you....
(((hugs)))
rue
We will be here when you decide it's the right time to come back. We will be here, thinking of you, of Shauna and of your wonderful family. We send you a big, warm hug full of all positive things.
Marcela & Clara
Oh my I feel sad a bit.I never admit my feelings much but I do hope all is well with you.I know your sister is always on your mind always.I will pray for her and the surgery tommorrow.As I said my father had seed implants a while back he is fine.
All my prayers to the both of you, God Bless chasity,do come by once in a while and say hi on my blog.HUGS!
I hope you have a nice break and come back refreshed. Remember, people follow you because of YOU and we are interested in what you have to say--which is definitely of value, beauty, and interest. Looking forward to catching up with you in the future. ; )
~Michele
Miss you already. You always plant a seed...make me think...inspire me. Hope you're not leaving all together. Best of luck to you and your wonderful family...Tami
I will have both you and Shauna in my thoughts and prayers..
I understand how time consuming blogging can be.. I just started my blog about a month or so ago, and it seems like I sometimes can spend hours on it, whether it's on me writing on it or my reading that I do on it..
Enjoy your break..and I'm so glad you are listening both to your body and to God! It is wonderful to read the Bible and get deeper into his word, that's for sure!
Give Shauna my love and please let her know that she's in my thoughts and prayers, and especially my prayers tomorrow..
You will be missed but know that I do understand why you are taking a break.. I will see you when you come back.. Take care..
Blessings,
~Lynn
I will miss you...but can really relate to EVERYTHING you said.
I will be praying for Shauna..and have been, but will say a special prayer for her tomorrow.
God Bless You Chas.
Kristine
Chasity, i am so sorry to hear this...i do understand your reasons, i think we all feel that way sometimes...i get little seeds of self doubt too sometimes when i am visiting blogs...i take little breaks myself when i am feeling like i can't compete with all the beauty i see in blogland...but then i realize i should not be thinking of this as some kind of competition, i can only be my best me...and i trickle back in...i hope you won't be gone too long...i do love to visit here...your sense of family and your faith are so inspiring to me, and i am sure many others...i will miss you...i will pray for your sister Shauna as she undergoes this procedure, i hope this will be the last thing she needs to find her cure...
Chasity, Blogging can take up a huge portion of time. So I absolutely understand your need for a break.
I am praying for Shauna and her family and I am praying for you!
I'm going to miss you my sweet Chas, but I do understand what you mean with the insecurities and the time. You bless my heart sweetness as you do to all those who know you. You will all be in my prayers. Just remember God thinks your wonderful and so do I!!
Love & hugs
Melly:)
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17
A prayer said. God loves you. that is all you need to know.
karen
You have so much on your plate right now...recovering from your injuries and the weight of your sweet sister's battle against the ugly C word...that I'm not surprise that you need a break!
Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well as your sister.
I keep trying to plan a KC metro blogger get-together, but this winter has been nasty and my new pregnancy combined with toddler and preschooler has kept me on my toes. Perhaps this spring?
Take care of yourself...we will all be around if and when you are ready to return.
valerie
Oh Chasity, I will miss you but you must do what is right for you and your family. I do hope you come back soon.
Keeping you, Shauna and your families in my heart and prayers always.......:-) Hugs
Hello Chasity,
I can just imagine that yes blogging does take one's time. I don't even get to post that much but I feel that too. AS much as how wonderful it brings me to other wonderful people that I have met, the "reality time" is still needed.
I do hope in your break you get to sort things out, feel better, and I know you'll be looking forward to it too cause then you'll get to be with family, with Shauna close by especially at this time.
Mizpah,
Li
I am sitting here feeling sad yet I totally understand the need for you to step back and soak in the Word right now. Know I will still be praying for precious Shauna and her family. I will hold you up in prayer as you travel on this journey. Be with your family and grab God by the hand and just rest in His presence. I miss you already and we will we here when you come back.
God bless and have a world full of peace and positive blessings as you rest upon His Word.
delve in His Word,
drink in His Living Water,
abide in His Peace that passes all understanding,
rest in His loving arms as He speaks through His Word,
cuddle into the palm of His hands resting your head on the scars of His providence for You,
breathe in deeply His breath of Life,
let Him renew your inner and it will show on your outer :)
Enjoy your break...I know exactly how you feel...take care of you and your family, that is what comes 1st!
I read your post this evening about your break from blogging.
I understand your feelings about seldom comments when you see your counter adding 50 or more hits a day...can cause you to compare yourself to others. I read your blog weekly and have included your family in my prayers. Take the time you need to soul search...please know that there will many others waiting for your return if you choose to do so.
You will be missed. Sending you a hug. Sharon
Hi ya.I found you blog just last week.I posted the button for your sister on my blog.I just came back now to check how she was doing and read your post.I felt emotion well up when I read your post.I pray that the Lord will bless you and touch you deep within as you seek Him. He will help you and He will strengthen you.
We found out last year that my hubby has a slow progressing form of luekemia.He is well at the moment but we dont know when this will need treatment.Dealing with any form of "C" is very hard.It is a shock and my heart goes out to you and your family right now.
God bless you and big hugs from another sister in Christ.... Lisa
Sweet friend..you have so much on your heart and mind lately. Thank you for the link about Shauna and keeping me updated. It is an honor to pray with you!
Dropping back by and sending hugs to all of you girls!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Chas we all understand ~ it has been such a difficult year for all of you ! I will miss your sweet posts for now, but it will make them evenmore special when you return.
Sending love and prayers your way and so thankful that by the graces of God we met!
Enjoy your peaceful time with God's Word.
Hugs & Prayers, Nancy & Angsu
Post a Comment