Friday, January 8, 2010

Something to Celebrate

It's our anniversary.

17 years.
With my broken arm still hurting a lot....

we will not be going out on a date


I won't be fixing a fancy dinner

I can't even get out to buy a card
but with my broken arm....

I have seen a wonderful side of my husband


he has slept on the floor of the living room every night...while I have been stuck on the couch

he sets his alarm every 4 hours to make sure that I get my medicine

he covers me with blankets and positions my pillows

What I love about the above photo is this~
{obviously--it's not my giant hairbow}

it is the way we are holding hands so tightly

saying~

we will never let go of each other


Happy Anniversary to my Loving Husband.


and a very big thanks to you for all your prayers and well wishes~

resolution #5~
don't break any more bones

:)

Chasity

27 comments:

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

I really hope you have a Happy Anniversary! Congratulations and I'm lovin' those pictures, hairbow and all!!
XOXO
Joni

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh bless your heart dear girl. I have been praying for you and your precious sis.

We just had our 37th anniversary on the sixth in a Missouri ice storm no less. I have not posted ours yet and I don't have a broken arm so your waaaay ahead of me.

Congratulations on your 17th. By the way, I love your big ol' hair bow. I'm so glad hubby is doting on you, let him sister. Milk it for all it's worth. Heeeheehe!

Have a great day celebrating, remembering and sharing your love. Take care and get to feelin' better. God bless ya'll!!!

Anonymous said...

what a sweet post, happy anniversary Chasity and hubbie and it is not about the gifts, it is about the love..have a wonderful weekend and hope your arm is better soon!

stefanie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! I love the first picture, you are looking at him sooooo lovingly!!!!!

Bernie said...

Happy Anniversary.....am keeping you and your sister in my prayers.

Enjoy your day and I love your wedding photos.......:-) Hugs

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Chas, Happy Anniversary to you two! What a sweet and loving post. I loved reading this and am sending both of you all good wishes for another year of happily married bliss!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

Happy Anniversary to the both of you!! Don't you just love holding hands? Scott and I still hold hands while driving around in a vehicle... like old (dates) times.

yes, love your #6 resolution... and I love the picture you give of when one's physical arm is broken the arm of the marriage relationship gets strengthened - even lengthened. Goes to say with anything in marriage.... this just might be the best anniversary yet.

Come visit my blog for a Blessed giveaway. It ends tonight...

Heart2Heart said...

Happy Blessed Anniversary to such a wonderful couple. May God have something very special in mind when you are able to get out and about. Until then, enjoy the greatest gift you've received in your hubby!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Amy Kinser said...

Happy 17th! What a sweet husband you have. I thank God for a wonderful husband as well.

God bless you and your family as you all are going through some difficult times.

Tina said...

What baby faces!!! It seems like just yesterday, and already its been 17 years! How the years fly by. Very appropriate that we look outside for your anniversary and see the piles and piles of snow everywhere. Brings back vivid memories. Have a wonderful anniversary...feel better...still praying!
Love,
Tina

Anonymous said...

Oh how special.Happy Anniversary to you both.God Bless!


Yes and please do NOT break anymore bones,lol.

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary. I pray GOD will touch you in a special way!
Blessings, andrea

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Happy Anniversary!!! How old were you when you guys got married, 12????
You look sooooo young, girl! Have a great day and feel better soon so you can swing from the chandelier and celebrate in a big way!!! (Wink, wink)LOL!!!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Isn't he just the sweetest man ever???? It sounds like you have a match made in heaven. Happy Anniversary to the both of you and many many more (without broken arms:)
~Debra
Capers of the vintage vixens

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a blessing your husband is to you! We have been married for 17 years also! I am praying for the healing of your arm.

Unknown said...

Hapy Anniversary!! I hope that you're feeling somewhat better. Really nice pics Chasity...even the bow...that's what was done...then... :-) Let those that love you help you as much as they want to, it's the only way they can show you how much they love you.
Feel better soon! Tami E.

LeAnna said...

Ohhh, this was so sweet! Happy Anniversary, praying your arm heals soon. Thanks for sharing such sweet thoughts on your special day. :)

Lori said...

what a beautiful post!!! your husband sounds like a wonderful man who really loves his wife...i hope your arm is healing up Chasity...Happy Anniversary!!!

T said...

Aww, Chas, happy anniversary! You guys look like babies in the photos and so in love! I am praying for you sweet friend and hoping the pain gets better very soon!
p.s. I know how you feel about the bow. I had one that big too, but on my butt!

Alisa Noble said...

Happy Anniversary and I'll be keeping you in my prayers for an easy and quick mend!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your dress... very sweet!

Martha said...

Happy Anniversary...I love how tight you two are holding hands...and oh I am positive he won't care about the card and gifts...just that you are okay:)

The Strawberry Mallard said...

Happy Anniversary Chastity!
I am so sorry to hear about your broken arm ~ Always remembering ( when I forget which is TOO often) to check on you all via SWEET COTTAGE DREAMS and Miss Becky!
Love that happy couple picture.

Have a blessed day ~ you so deserve it!
Nancy & Angus

Anonymous said...

Aaawww, my heart aches (in a good way). The simplest of gesture or the knowing that your love one will just be there for you certainly warms the heart.

Belated Happy Anniversary! and wishing you and your family a blessed New Year!

Mizpah,
Li

(I hope your arm will feel much better and heal as days pass and you'll be ok)

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I am catching up with you and have to say first of all, I hope you feel better realllly soon, Chas!
Secondly, your wedding photos are so precious! And lastly, your hubby is a keeper and I wonderful man!

Sending you love, get better wishes and Happy Anniversary!

becky
xo

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

Oh, Chasity! Thanks for sharing your anniversary with us. What a wonderful thing! Love the photos, too! So happy that you're still so in love--more in love because of all of life's challenges you've faced TOGETHER. Congrats and wishes for many many more happy years!

Rue said...

Happy Anniversary to a gorgeous couple :)

(((hugs)))
rue