Friday, January 29, 2010

A Peek into the Pantry


As Promised
Here is the Kitchen Re~do Part 2

The Pantry


****************************

This is the pantry BEFORE we were living here...
I sneaked some pictures one of the times we were looking at the house.

Don't the lights crack you up?
A single bulb hanging from the ceiling.

~and check out the vintage dishwasher
there on the left~

***********************
Here is the pantry on our move-in day.

I hate moving day
{and this one was especially nightmarish}

but I was getting my dream house
yahoo.


and this is the pantry TODAY
~literally~


My handy hubs did such an excellent job.
He put shelves on both sides for me
and found the beautiful cabinet as well.

It was a big project for such a small space
and took several months to finish.

ooh~ sorry that the flour is all lopsided in it's jar.
Don't things like that bother you too?









It's so much fun to be able to use vintage jars and containers
to store food goods in.

It seems to make cooking all the more fun.

Have a wonderful weekend friends!

25 comments:

Nikki @ Saving For A Rainy Day said...

I love your pantry!! I have one too and I need a way to make it beautiful.
Thanks for the inspiration :)

Lori said...

gorgeous!!! i just love everything about your pantry...i love your mix of storage containers new and old...i want a pantry!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Okay, I'm completely baffled, Chas. How did this post get here and not appear on my google reader??? I'm glad you dropped by because i wouldn't want to have missed this. And I love your pantry!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I want one! :)

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

You know what else we love about your house, other than the pantry? The woodwork! It makes it so warm and cozy!
Great containers!!!!

Lynn said...

I also looove your pantry!! I would love to have one like it! My pantry is set up vertical and I can never find anything, and it is sooo hard to keep it organized... I love the shelves going horizontal, like yours so much better!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
~Lynn

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I covet your pantry, this soooo makes me want one. It's just amazingly beautiful!!!

You have just a marvelous weekend sweetie!!!!

Bernie said...

Oh what a lovely pantry and the old glass containers and tins just make it more adorable....still praying so hard for Shauna....Hugs

Anonymous said...

That is one amazing pantry, heck if I had a pantry like that I might cook more often, I love love love the vintage storage containers too! Good joB and happy weekend!

the wild raspberry said...

Chasity! You know I love your pantry, and well, pretty much everything about your house. But boy did I wince when you mentioned that beautiful pantry, that little pantry, took months to finish...when I have all these dreams of building on to our house. Ouch! Love you! xoxo Debbie...and tell my sweet girlie girls I love them!

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful Chas, even the uneven flour. hehehehe.
I'm glad that you did not fall off the ladder while organizing.
love you,
Mom

Living It At Home said...

You are so lucky to even have a pantry! That is on my wishlist if we renovate our kitchen! Looks great! Enjoy it!

~jamilyn

Alleluiabelle said...

I would love a pantry. We have a lot of cupboard space, but not a pantry. The pictures are beautiful...everything so neat and organized. Tell your husband he did an excellent job...two thumbs up here!

My mind, heart and prayers are with dear Shauna. I don't know her, but feel like I do. Tell her that I love her and give her a big love hug from me.

Peace & Prayers,
Alleluiabelle

Anonymous said...

Oooh how i'd love to have a pantry like yours! I'm sure it's effective storage and but it's pretty to look at too... sweet!

Holly said...

Your pantry turned out wonderfully! I love all of you containers and the vintage stuff too!!! I just re-did my pantry too! My hubby made all the cabinets and shelving and I love it! Stop on over and give a look!!!

Amy Kinser said...

I love all of your great storage containers. I have used a lot of jars and the like myself. And, your right, it does seem to make it more fun.

I did take time to pray for your sister today. I love the clock on your sidebar as a reminder.

Anonymous said...

The uneven flour gives your pantry a nice, lived-in look.

Alisa Noble said...

Wow, great make-over!

Kelly L said...

Very nice - love it!

Kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

Betzie said...

Love your new pantry and bottle collection! No, I'm afraid things lopsided don't seem to bother me at all...don't ever look in my pantry! LOL

LeAnna said...

Ohhh, I'm having some serious pantry envy! That looks fantastic, and I love the vintage containers. I didn't notice anything lopsided, what does that say about me? Ha! Great job!

Farmgirl Paints said...

I am a food hoarder for some reason. I would LOVE to have a walk in pantry like that. You've made it so nice!

Anonymous said...

Your pantry is wonderful, Chasity, and you've done an amazing job! Thank you, thank you for leaving me a comment @ my blog, because this is my first visit here and what struck me as truly wonderful is that one of you three sisters is Shauna! I've been praying for Shauna, having seen her 'button' on another blog - but I didn't know how she was doing. So, please tell her that I'm praying for her!
Since this is a group site, I'm sending a group HUG! :)
Zuzu

kanishk said...

I have one too and I need a way to make it beautiful.

Work from home India

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

This is the most FABULOUS pantry I have ever seen! Love it! Lucky you!