Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Beautiful Women

{Rachel and her son Quinn}

I recently watched a talk that a lady named Rachel Barkey had given to a group of women.
It was a talk about her battle with cancer.
It was a talk about the bigger picture.
It was a talk about the hope we can have if we turn our lives over to GOD.


I was sent the link by a wonderful and caring friend

but I just stared at the email for a few days~
knowing how hard it would be to watch.

I finally got up the nerve to click on it and watch it

I was soon crying.



crying.....

and taking notes.

~~I was surrounded with sticky~notes by the end of the video~~




This wonderful woman has left us with a legacy of beautiful words

and excellent wisdom.


I would like to share some of the notes that are now surrounding my computer

{her words are in grey....they may not be exact quotes....but close}


We live in a sinful world. It wasn't meant to be this way.
It will not always be this way.
But God has a plan....
to be in a perfect world.



and that plan is perfect....

Jesus~our Savior
and our way to that world is perfect

and Heaven is perfect


~~~~

Let not your hearts be troubled.
Believe in God;
believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many rooms.
If it were not so,
would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again and will take you to myself
that where I am
you may be also.

John 14:1-3

*****************************

My God is able to save me and will. This suffering is temporary.
He will bring me to a perfect world where HE is.

*******************************

I am dying.
But so are you.

*******************************

Jesus suffered for us to save us. God did not spare him.
If I can suffer
why would He spare me if my
suffering would result in good for you.

If my suffering is the means that God uses
to bring
even one person to Himself~ it is an honor to suffer.


This one took my breath away.
My dear sweet sister had said something so
very much like this to me just days before
I watched the video.

It made me so proud of her.

Her selflessness.
Her love toward others.{Shauna and her son}

And it made me so ashamed.
I don't know that I would be so strong.
So selfless.
So loving.


I am so grateful for these beautiful women.
They are a tremendous example of what faith should be.

My prayer is that I can grow in my faith

see the bigger picture~ that this life is short
and this life is temporary

and that I will turn all my worries over to Him.

~~~

Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything by prayer and supplication with
thanksgiving
let your requests be made known unto God.

Philippians 4:6


If you are hurting or suffering....
I pray that you will look to God for strength
and answers.

He will never leave you or forsake you.


29 comments:

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Great inspiring post. Thank you!
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

T said...

Wow, that is beautiful! THanks for sharing this!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

This beautiful post touched my heart! Your family is suffering and my heart and prayers are with you. Thank you for these words that have toughed us all.

God bless and your sis IS an amazing woman.

Lindsey said...

This is truly beautiful. Thank you so much for posting it. <3

stefanie said...

Thank you!!!!

Lori said...

what a beautiful, moving and inspiring post...i don't know if i could be that brave and selfless either...for the sake of my children, i hope that i could...

Bernie said...

Oh my I have tears in my eyes but I know how you feel.....unless we walk in their shoes we just don't know. I am holding you all in my heart and prayers......:-) Hugs

Unknown said...

Chasity, this was so touching, so true and so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes and a huge lump in my throat. Thank you so much for sharing this...I needed it today. Rough times have visited us lately and this is just what I needed to hear.

Anonymous said...

Very heartfelt post Chasity.The tears fall down the cheeks of all who read this and think how endearing this woman was.It all goes back to God no matter if its suffering, whatever in life.The bottom line is Christ.If you believe its wonderful, if not its so sad to know.

Christos is GOD,thats all we need to know in this life.God Bless chasity! (obviously Christos is Christ in greek.)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post Chasity...and a wonderful message, I read about her but never watched her talk, perhaps i should...I know I will cry though. That photo of your sister and her son....precious!

Annie said...

What a wonderful post! It's amazing how people have such struggles & heartbreak in their lives, but become so much closer to God, their savior. My Mom lost my twin brothers nearly 26 years when they were just 17 days old. It has changed her and shaped her into a very Godly and compassionate woman. Now that I'm a mother, I am more and more in awe of her! I truly believe he always has a plan in mind. God Bless you and yours!!

~Annie

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

you know... I've listened to Rachel's testimony... soon after she gave it (and this was before she died)... all the while knowing the day was soon to be.
My father-in-law (at the time I listened to this) was in the midst of suffering with cancer - he has since passed on too, now. My best friend is a one-year breast cancer survivor...

And then we read of your sister. I struggle to ask God - WHY? Why does he allow pain and suffering? I ask because I'm human. We struggle to fully know...

But. We have hope. We will rise again. I so admire your sister's faith and confidence in Christ Alone, and I so admired Rachel's... but the real admiration is in Jesus Christ the Author and Finisher of our faith.

We beg God for healing...totally knowing one day there will be an Ulitmate Healing for all of us. Amen.

Martha said...

I love that photo of your sister and her son...it is beautiful and precious...

I have seen the link but haven't watched it...I know I really should...beautiful post:)

savvycityfarmer said...

thank you thank you

Emily said...

What a beautiful site. Not just the looks, but the heart behind it. Truly lovely. :)

God bless,
Emily Anne

LeAnna said...

Beautiful, indeed. Praise God we have a Savior who is just that...a savior. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you!

{oc cottage} said...

I know I should say, "I was so moved"..."I wept"..."So inspirational"...(all of which are true) but in reality...I am all snotty and have bits of tissue in my eyelashes!
No truer words have been spoken.

m ^..^

The Strawberry Mallard said...

What a beautiful inspiring post ~ Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with all of us!
Hugs, Nancy

Amy Kinser said...

Thank you for sharing this.

I hope you are having a day filled with peace and strength.

Alleluiabelle said...

Dear Chasity,

Thank you for stopping by my blog site and leaving such a heartfelt comment. I became a follower of yours a little while ago and have been reading here. I have placed the button to pray for Shauna on my blog site. I invite you to become a follower of my site if you are so led.

My prayers are definitely being said for your sister Shauna's healing from cancer. We have a Mighty God in whom I put my complete love, faith, hope, trust...absolutely everything into Him.

This post is amazing and the video...it touched me in such a deeply profound way...my sister goes for her first visit with the OBGYN Surgeon Oncologist this Wednesday morning at 10:00. Please pray for that meeting.

I look forward in getting to know all of you more.

Hugs & Prayers,
Alleluiabelle

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Thank you for sharing her words with us today.

The last two quotes made my fee a bit heavier. She has strength and courage . . . she knew of what is the truth and found peace and comfort from it. Me, I'm as healthy as can be but there are times that we take God's Word for granted. That even if the most tiniest of problem or plan not working we complain and ask why it has happened.

We - - - I get stuck in the world and what are worldly things that we fail to see the bigger picture, the grandest gift, His Son whom He allowed to suffer like she said. And then referring to her condition serving as a light for others . . .

She is an amazing woman. And as is your sister who told you this too.

Mizpah,
Li

Together We Save said...

Wow - this is wonderful... thanks

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you for this...

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

This is so beautiful. Every word. Every verse. Just so true.

cherry said...

Omigosh..very timely for me! I read all the words of wisdom....I pray for Shauna my girl! I have been full of woorries lately....it shows such a lack of faith in God that I do that! I need to give it over to him! Hugs to you, cherry

Anonymous said...

I have recently heard about this and I have saved it to my favorites and I am going to listen to the whole thing. She was an amazing and inspiring woman. I too want this to be a year where I grow closer to my Father in heaven. Thanks for stopping by.

LeAnn

Betzie said...

This is such a wonderful post...and the best quotes I've read yet. My college aged son is in that questioning phase and I hope some day he will find his way back to God...I keep him in my prayers. Truly beautiful, thanks for sharing!

kanishk said...

that is beautiful! THanks for sharing this!

Work from home India