Thursday, January 21, 2010

Medical Updates

Shauna
Shauna will be having a procedure soon where they will go in and "plant" seeds of chemo onto the cancer spots of her liver.

Right now...the cancer has been stopped from growing but
she is really struggling with nausea these days.

All your prayers are so appreciated.



Chasity

I got my hard cast this morning....

It is one of those

Has To Get Worse Before It Gets Better

Situations

{{It hurts a bunch now that they messed with it but I think that the
swelling is going down much better now}}



The Doctor even told me as he was working on it
and my head was against his arm

"Don't you bite me"

I replied....
"I almost slapped you once but I promise not to bite"


Duchess the Doggie

This poor pup just can't catch a break.

She has had all sorts of difficulties with her surgery and may have
lost her babies.

We hope that she will at least will be able to use
her leg when she heals

This has been a real nightmare with the vet's office
for Debbie and her family



~~and now I'm going to vent a little~~
bear with me

I can do it here because it has nothing to do with my friends
here in blogland

Quite a few people lately have been making jokes to me

"You going sledding today?"

"Ready for some skiing?"

"Hey...break a leg."

I fail to see the humor in any of this.

I've been in pain for three weeks now and have been pretty miserable.

Why is that funny?

It reminds me of the comments I've received after my brothers in law were badly burned after an explosion a few years back

"So are the guys doing a big fireworks party this year?"

Where's the funny in that?

They could have been killed.
Not funny.

Two people died from sledding accidents around here
the same week that I was hurt.

I'm not laughing.


All right....

Hopefully I got it out of my system now.

Thanks for listening.

Chasity

20 comments:

Renee said...

Chas~ I sure hope you get some rest tonight and the pain wears down again! I hated to hear it flared up again, but glad you did not have to slap your doctor :) I have to agree with you, the comments are not in good taste. Keep your beautiful chin up and this will get better for you. Let me know if you need anything!

Love ya~Talk with you soon

Amy Kinser said...

Praying for your sweet sister and you. Complete healing for you both.

Simply Debbie said...

dear chasity,
my prayers and hugs are with your whole family. i will be praying on the 28th all goes well with shauna. there are people chas, who make jokes out of anything because either they don't know how to show emotion or that is how they show emotion or they are just plain stupid is as stupid does. i am so very sorry for this roman road you are walking but i know you know JESUS is there to love you and walk you through. my heart breaks for you all but we must stay positive for shauna.
all my love and prayers
simply debbie

Lori said...

some people...don't have the good sense to realize when something is rude or in bad taste...sorry you are on the receiving end of these comments Chas...i am praying for your Shauna, i am sorry to hear she has been so nauseous...i hope the seeds being implanted will kick that cancer's butt!!!

Anonymous said...

You are both in my prayers.I must say the seed implant has been highly effective.My father had seeds implanted 12 years ago on his prostrate all is well with him....he will turn 80 next month.Wishing the same for shauna!

Anonymous said...

Chas, Your dad and I are praying everyday for you to heal well and quickly.
Love You,
Mom

Unknown said...

Chasity, I am praying for your whole family whenever you pop into my mind and that is often. Hang in there!

Alisa Noble said...

Praying for all three of you!
Vent all you need too!

Anonymous said...

ahh Chasity, there is so much going on in your family, and you are in my thoughts and prayers...I on the other hand do not see anything funny about that either, perhaps next time someone says something, you let them know how you feel...it isn't a joke. I hope you have a good weekend and your pain is managable!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I just hope that the whole family gets a break very soon, you all deserve it!!!! Sorry to hear you are in pain again, but you know that it will get better from now on!
Warm hugs!!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Chasity,I continue to hold both you and Shauna in my prayers. I also pray your pain will go away with a good nights rest.

People! Sometimes not knowing what to say in a difficult situation, they try to be funny when it's just not the time to attempt humor. Try not to let the tacky jokers pull you down. Think upon how much the love of Jesus can override these comments!

Have a great weekend filled with miraculous blessings!!!

Rue said...

Praying for your sweet sister and the Duchess as well. I'm sorry about the jokes. I use humor a lot when I'm in the company of family and friends to cheer them up, but there's a time for it. This is not one of those times. I hope you feel better soon.

(((hugs)))
rue

Martha said...

I am so glad for your updates...prayers with your family...and I completely understand how those statements really aren't funny...because they aren't.

The Strawberry Mallard said...

Chas I have to tell you......years ago when I was doing crisis intervention work, a boy was brought in thru ER. He was badly burned, after setting firre to himself, in an awful suicide attempt.
Crude comments by thought less people ran rampant there:"hey at least you guys could have had a marshmallow roast." (that was one of the less hurtful) ~ People say stupid things ~ ignore it ~ sometimes they really are nervous and that is how they deal with difficult situations.
We are praying for you, for Shauna, and for Duchess!
Hugs, Nancy & Angus

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Praying for your sis.

Mama Fish said...

Chasity- Im praying for your and Shauna! I hope your arm feels better with the hard cast on now and gets better each day. I pray for Shauna's procedure and that the nausea leaves... that is so hard to deal with!

Susan said...

I agreee completely, those comments are not funny. Once while visiting family they were watching one of those funniest video shows and in one someone fell off of a ladder after a running dog knocked into the ladder. Everyone burst out laughing and my son said "Hey, what's so funny? That guy could have gotten HURT! Why is that funny??"
We will continue to keep your family in our prayers and hope that you all heal completely soon!

Unknown said...

Hi Chasity! Praying and PRAYING for your family. Hope that this works for your sister and that your arm gets better soon!
People are just so darn ignorant. At my mother's funeral, someone walked up to me and said "sorry to hear about your mother, but it's gonna happen to us all sooner or later." How ignorant is that? I was speechless. Anywho.....hang in there girl!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Chas, I can remember when I was in elementary school, fell asleep under the hair dryer at the beauty shop where I had gotten a dreaded permanent, had my feet fall asleep, too, and when I got up, I fell and hit my eye on the end of the stone manicuring table and knocked myself out. It's a miracle I didn't put my eye out, and as it was, I ended up with a shiner. When I went to church on Sunday, I got all sorts of comments about it. Things like, "Did your boyfriend give you that?" I was already embarassed enough to have a shiner, but then the comments were infuriating. LOL! I can laugh about it now, but then, my tenish year old heart felt like crying or shouting, "NO!".

I don't know what gets into people, but if the shoe were on the other foot, you can bet your sweet bippy they wouldn't act with the diginity you've shown or that my ten year old self showed either. I think they are trying to help, but they just make it worse with their insensitivity. Raised by wolves, perchance? ;-)

XO,

Sheila

kanishk said...

Keep your beautiful chin up and this will get better for you. Let me know if you need anything!

Work from home India