Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Some Days are Hard

...
Some mornings I wake up with heavy sorrow deep within.

It's hard to shake.



It's hard to hold back the tears.



Maybe we aren't supposed to hold back the tears.

Maybe somehow they are helpful. I don't know.




What I do know for sure is that dwelling in this pain isn't helpful. We are all going to have bad days but to embrace them and not look for joy will do us no good.


A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22



As I find myself in the middle of this sadness....I try to turn my thoughts to prayer.


I remember the comforting verses that are given to us in His Holy Word.

I say them and say them....


and say them some more.


Until I feel a peace.

Until I feel His comforting arms holding me tight.


Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart,
all you that hope in the Lord.

Psalm 31:24


The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

Psalm 34:18-19

Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you...
Psalm 55:22


And I look for comfort from my Godly friends. Words of tender love and support.

Because when I am weak, they can be strong for me..

and when they are weak...

I can be strong for them.


Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up.
Ecclesiastes 4:9


When I'm the listener...I may not always know the right words to say....But I can have that shoulder to cry on....the arms for an embrace...the heart full of love for you.

We can remember together~~

The Lord will never leave us or forsake us.



When you are filled with sadness....I hope that you can find comfort in these verses. I hope that you can turn to a friend and share your sorrows. I hope that you can put your trust in the Lord.

I have to remind myself on a daily basis that NO MATTER what happens here on this earth...
we are promised a greater reward if we are faithful to Him.

Blessings to you today~~

Chasity

19 comments:

Carol Murdock said...

When I am sad, I recite Romans:8:28
xoxo

the wild raspberry said...

that is a wonderful verse carol...thanks for sharing.
chas

Anonymous said...

When Im sad I look to GOD as well.I may not quote a verse but I think of him in prayer and speek to him.
What would we all be in this life without him...seems like things would be much worse and less comforting.

I hope he comforts you today as well.God Bless!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh sweetie...
Good days...Bad days...Happy days...Sad days...Whatever the day we take it, and try to remind ourselves that God will not put more upon our shoulders than we can handle. He knows us best. I continue to pray too. I am always here if you need a shoulder sweetie.

Country hugs and much love...Sherry

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm sending prayers of strength and comfort up right now. You don't always have to be strong as you know your strength comes from the Lord. As I tell my Kid's Church, "there is nothing so big that you and God can't handle." There is a time to weep, I know you will be strong when you need to be.

Call on us, we will push through the Heaven's for you when you just don't have the strength.

Rest and refresh and God will be with you every step of the way.

Anonymous said...

beautiful post! i do the same thing, i have spent many, many hours in prayer for comfort of things beyond my control which is just about everything! have a great day!

LeAnna said...

Absolute truth you have spoken! Praise God that when we are in the valley's, His Faithfulness still reaches the depths. Praise God for His Word, that never returns void. Love ya'lls blog, thanks for dropping by mine. I'll definitely be back. :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh Chasity, sounds like we are struggling with the same thing. Thank you for sharing your verses and your heart. You've blessed me today:)

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Psalm 91: He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.

Psalm 90: Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Isaiah 40:26: Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, NOT ONE of them is missing.

I know you are hurting Chas. These are the scriptures that helped me when my mother was battling cancer. He will hear your cries, hold you and He will always be there for you and for your sister. You will not be forgotten and neither will she.

Hugs to you my sweet friend.

Kristine

stefanie said...

I am sooo sorry you are sad, sometimes life is just not fair and hard, and sometimes nothing seems to help...but you have faith and love, and they will always be with you, so go ahead and cry, its okay. and we will be here for you

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I am keeping you in my prayers! I know this is hard.....but you are in my heart...

Lou Cinda

Anne Marie said...

indeed! our reward is good, but it takes alot of suffering, and through the suffering we may or may not find the true Love He has for us.......and ultimately we for Him.......after all, we need Him, and not the other way around

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Dear Chasity....I am catching up on your blog and have to tell you that your dream farm is lovely, your Christmas decorating so sweet, but moreso your heart pours in love and faith in our Father. Please trust me when I say this - because I KNOW this to be so true -when you are sad, talk out loud to God, as he listens to each of us. Cast your burdens onto Him. He helps those with heavy hearts. He wants us to be happy, which is not always the case.

Phillipians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


I love you and your wonderful family.....
Becky

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

I took notice of your comment on Farmgirl Paints before coming on here... I felt a tug in my heart, for you. Sending thoughts, your way and prayers on up. I left a comment on Farmgirl's post today that just might encourage you, too.
It has to do with Joy!, rejoicing and the way that God sings over us. Read Zephaniah 3:14-17.

Just remember...

"He is the lifter of your head" ~ paraphrased out of Psalm 3:3 I need to remember this truth(daily), too.

Unknown said...

Chasity, the verses you quoted are so touching and some of my favorites. Even when times are hard, it is a blessing to know that God never leaves us, isn't it. I'm praying for you.

Unknown said...

I read all of your comments so far and isn't blogland the place to come for support! I pray for your sister often and am reminded of what your family is going through every time I see her picture. The Holidays are the most difficult time of all. We endure because there is no other choice, but sometimes "enduring" sure does just plan old stink! Hope tomorrow is a good day.

Martha said...

I'm sorry it is so hard...keep strong and you are right...our rewards are so great with Him...

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Chas, I was gone yesterday and am just now reading this... please know I am sending you hugs across the miles.

When I am the most down, I do two things say to myself, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." And I sing. I sing praises to God because the Bible tells us he inhabits the praises of this people and that praise brings down the stronghold of the enemy.

Sending you more love than your heart can hold...

XO,

Sheila

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

Yes, Chasity. These words ARE of comfort. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I know a lot of times it's tempting to keep to ourselves when we're feeling blue or sorrowful. It's easier to put on a happy mask for everyone all the time. I applaud your honesty that YES, there are hard days. When we share our burdens with others, they can help lighten our load...AND that lets others know that next time they have a problem, you will understand. No one likes to feel alone...and by sharing, you're making us all feel closer! Thank you!