My phone rings this afternoon and it's one of my oldest dearest friends on the other line....
She says
I just read your blog post from today~~
I have 6 tickets to Powell Gardens
Do you wanna go?
She says
I just read your blog post from today~~
I have 6 tickets to Powell Gardens
Do you wanna go?

Let me tell you all the reasons that I had to say yes
*we were having an unusually warm day
*the girlies squeeled in delight when I mentioned it
*it's a beautiful place to spend some time
*it's like asking a homesick kid at summer camp if he wants to go home

You see....it's not just a pretty place to spend some time for me~
It is like going home.
This is where I worked before having kids.
Yes.....I loved my job.

I felt a real sense of belonging and peace as I entered the botanical garden where I once spent so much time.
I saw old friends.
I saw plants that I grew from babies that were like old friends.



It was good for the soul.
Thanks for calling Tina.
Thanks for calling Tina.







17 comments:
How restful and lovely! Sounds like just what you needed. Love the pics, too! =D
You took some beautiful pictures. Some of the prettiest pictures of the "flowers" that you took are of the girls. I am glad that you got to work at a place that you liked so much. I am looking forward to going the benefit for Shauna at Summit Lakes Middle School to see some of the people that I worked with for so many years. You will have to bring "Nicky" with you.
Thanks to my "adopted daughter", Tina for taking care of Chas.
Love You,
Mom
what a good friend...that looks like a lovely day!!!
See there........Romans 8:28! Your sadness was turned to gladness!
Just what the Dr. ordered and God knew you needed. What a wonderful day and a great friend indeed. You are blessed.
You have a great day!!!
God be with you....
This was definitely good for your sould....God always knows best...
Lou Cinda :)
Good friends are such a blessing to have!
Your photos are great!
Love the pics Chas! Glad you had a great time!
What a wonderful surprise and your photos are wonderful!! Can't wait to see the rest, happy weekend~ xo
I am so glad you got to go, Chas! And I love your pics with the new camera. Sounds like a fun time...
XO,
Sheila :-)
powell gardens...haven't been there since last year when i took basket making class!
You changed my life with your invitation one summer to go to camp with you...thank you for being one of my oldest, dearest friends. I love you and your family with all my heart!
How wonderful! I'm so glad you and your girls were able to have relaxing, lovely day.
Beautiful post - you've inspired me to make some calls to some dear old friends - and to be a better friend.
I get so busy, preoccupied, and lazy - thanks for the push
Happy Holidays
Marsha
That is so great!!
Dear Chas, I'm so glad you got to enjoy this time with your cute girls and your friends...I hope you are feeling a lot better and your heart is not as heavy,
Love,
MArcela
Gorgeous pictures! I love places like that, the ones that feel like home :)
Merry Christmas to you, your sisters and your families sweet friend :)
xoxo,
rue
Post a Comment