Books about the Wright Brothers....books about raccoons....books about books.
and I do read some great fiction books to my girls.
We are reading the Anne series at breakfast and the Little House series at lunch every day. They are a great read.
and I finally did finish reading 'Created to be His Helpmeet' last week.
{Cross that off my 35 Things To Do list}
I find the time to read being~a~good~mommy~or ~good~wifey type books.
{You would think with all the reading I do that I could use fancier words}
Anyways~
I rarely read a good fiction book just for me. VERY rarely. like Never.
But I finally did.....
The problem is that when I start a good book........I can't put it down.This was fine when I was young and had no obligations to wake up the next day.
Now.......staying up til 3am to finish a book doesn't bode well.
So I was able to break it up into 3 settings....
and still ~ the last evening the girls whined~~~~
~~~~you've been reading that book for a hundred years!~~~~~
really? a hundred years?
It was romantic and suspenseful and sad and happy. All the things that I look for in good entertainment.
Now I will be searching the bookshelves for 'To Kill A Mockingbird' to read over Christmas vacation ~~~another check mark will soon be added to my To Do list~~~
I don't know if it was all the romantic notions from the book I just read
but I just found myself scouring this wonderful website about Midwest Weddings called Clover and Bee Weddings.
If I could have another wedding.........{{to the same man of course}}
I would want something like this.
~sigh~
I guess that's why I have girls.
Won't that be fun?
Have a great week getting ready for Christmas!





19 comments:
Gorgeous wedding inspiration! and book review, Have a sweet day!
Oh you will probably change your mind a thousand times by the time you throw wedding! The trick is once you find and decide on what you want, stop looking.
Lovely post...lovely blog. Thank you for visiting me. I love the story To Kill a Mockingbird...one of my favourites. I too get carried away in books..I tend to read over the holidays as I am so busy with school during the rest of the time. I have a few books lined up..in fact I am starting to read today! Have a lovely Christmas break.
I was just wondering to myself, this morning, if I could figure out a way in 2010 to give myself one day a month, to do nothing but read for that day.
go for it alisa...
you can do it! :)
sounds like a great new years resolution~
chas
Hi Chas,I met and married my Husband in less than 3 months, a small but lovely wedding! At our 10th Year Anniversary, we walked down the isle again, this time with our 2 kids in front of us. We rented a beach house, had a weekend party and had tons of fun with friends and family. To do it all over again and renew our vows was very special! We are almost at 20 years now, we are still remember every detail, and have pictures of the 4 of us, at the altar, promising many more years of loving family life. It's never too late to marry your Husband again!!
Changing the subject: I used Spray Adhesive to make the crystal ornaments but you can also use the Decoupage Medium.
Enjoy your new book and have a terrific day!
MArcela
It's me again! I have no idea I was signed as "Ed", my Husband in my previous comment...but I guess since I was talking about him, it's OK! LOL!!
MArcela
Your girls can look forward to a dream wedding. Now I'm off to find that book, it sounds like a great read. It's always a good sign if you read it for a hundred years!
Have a blessed day girlfriend!
Oh, Chas, that was a great book. You should read some others by her while on Christmas break. They are sooo good. And I love your pictures. I would love to do it all over again too. Alas...we are just hopeless romantics...and not planning on changing either! Love you, Debbie
I need to pick up a book and read, it's been a while. I'm putting that on my to do list! Have a Merry Christmas Chas! :)
Chas,
Your wedding was just beautiful...snowstorm..maid of honor sick... singers sick... preacher sick... photographer.. well. I do remember it as beautiful. Everything turned out just fine in spite of it all. I do think that it is funny that your dad always wanted one of you girls to get married at Missouri Town in the little chapel. Maybe you would do it now, but then, I don't think so. :)
Love You,
MOM
Books I love...that sounds like a GREAT one...I'll have to add that to my list:)
What a really awesome post! Now I need to add that book to my list of ones to read! I read To Kill a Mocking Bird in college. I took all the lit classes I could in my Elem. Ed degree. They were the best!
Hugs, Lisa
I want to make a list of my own. Good idea! I laughed because I also homeschool my boys and I rarely read a good fiction book too. If I do I make sure my husband can wake up early on Saturday with the kids, because I usually can't put a good book down when I start. I'm impressed you split it into three sections. Good for you!
Love those wedding photos, and yes, you are blessed to have those beautiful girls. It will be such fun to do their weddings! :-)
XO,
Sheila
I got married when I was 19. It's only been a few years & I would change soo many things after working with Brides. ditto to that sign ...
Beautiful photos!
merry Christmas~
~Angela Harris
Oooo, some good looking reads here! I'm the same way. I haven't read a good, long book in years...once I start it is impossible for me to put it down (who cares about supper, kids, laundry, or anything else! LOL!). Guess that's why I read snippets of things here and there. Also, I never tire of reading or looking over things about weddings. A wedding is such a beautiful, lovely, romantic event. I'm sooo thankful for mine but wouldn't mind another wedding (yes, to the same guy again) just for the fun and beauty of it all. *sigh* Thanks for a dreamy post. ; )
~Michele
That's beautiful.
Isn't it fun to dream about planning weddings again. (To the same men, of course.)
Merry Christmas!
Your blog is so wonderful! I enjoy the photos and always learn 'something' - usually something useful but sometimes something fun.
Good for you...homeschooling, I'm proud of YOU!
Merry Christmas
from Thistle Cove Farm
Post a Comment