Friday, December 4, 2009

A Giving Thanks Giveaway

Good Day to all you lovely bloggers....

We have officially hit our one~year blogging anniversary.

It's hard to believe.

Time goes by
so fast.



The year was filled with ups and downs

many good times

and plenty of heartache as well

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Our focus for the moment is to be thankful.

That should actually be our focus ~daily~



Our sweet friend Julia over in Africa has been using
one of our journals to keep a Gratitude Journal.

I thought that this was one of the most wonderful ways
that a journal could be used.




There is so much to be thankful for


~warm safe homes~

~clean water~

~food on the table~
~a loving family~



the list could go on and on
~~and it should~~


To celebrate our one~year bloggiversary and show our gratitude to you...
we would like to give you a journal of your very own.


We have been so thankful for our blogging friends lately

You have given us so many encouraging comments and
emails
as we go through this difficult time


****************************
To update you~

Shauna is doing quite well
She has been doing a very good job of eating

which is so important right now


Her white blood cell count is very low

we are praying that those numbers increase
so that
she can start her 2nd round of chemo December 10th

She will be doing another 8 day treatment starting on the 10th


The cancer in her spine makes her back her quite a lot
so she is on pain medicine for that

But she never complains.


She is a tower of strength


an inspiration


a hero


*******************************

Thank you again.

Who would have guessed one year ago that we would
meet so many wonderful people
and make so many new friends through this world of blogging.


What a blessing.


Leave a comment and be entered in our Thankfulness Giveaway

The winner will be chosen in one week- Friday December 11th
and can choose the blue or the pink journal.


Have a great weekend

and remember to count your blessings.

Warmly

Chasity and Debbie

the wild raspberry

**comments are now closed**

photo credits:
flickr~brookeshaden~mwhatley~powerhouse museum

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a lovely journal so don't put me in the drawing. I just wanted to say a thank you to all the blogger friends that you have made that keep lifting your spirits and mine too. So Thank-you all.
Chasity's Mom.
Teresa

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

It's so amazing that she doesn't complain... I complain for things like papercuts. Sheesh. I have prayed for you guys many times, and I'll continue, because God is a big God! Thanks for the update!

Blessings,
Sasha

Abatevintage said...

My prayers will continue on for Shauna and family.

I would love to be entered into this wonderful giveaway.

I will add the giveaway to my blog.

•:*¨¨*:•.Blessings*¨2 U 4¨**¨¨*the holidays .•:*¨¨*:•.

-:¦:-H-:¦:-E-:¦:-I-:¦:-D-:¦:-I-:¦:-

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I will continue to pray for Shauna.....everyday....

Congratulations on a year! It is so wonderful to know you...

Lou Cinda :)

Victoria Hayden said...

What a wonderful giveaway and Happy Anniversary! I am coming up on that soon...very hard to believe! I will be praying that Shauna will have her white blood cells up to be able to get the medicine she needs. Give her big hugs, we are all praying and sending positive healing thoughts your way. I know sometimes when trials are the hardest it can be difficult to see what there is to be thankful for...amazingly there is always so much! You all are wonderful and I am so glad I have had the opportunity through blogging to know you. :) Hugs and love friend,

~Victoria~

Sarah said...

So glad to hear the update! Sorry I haven't been around much these past few months, but I think of you all often! What a beautiful post and so reflective and true!
Shauna's strength is amazing and so uplifting to hear about!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your sister is very strong and has a great attitude.My my though what a heavy cross to bare.I do wish her all the best and my prayers are still with her.

Count me in on the giveaway,I have journals that are full,lol.Could always use another.God Bless.

Julia said...

Aww, you guys are so sweet. Happy Blogversary! Glad that Shauna is keeping her chin up and eating well. Your whole family is in my prayers constantly. I'm already working on filling that beautiful journal that you gave me, so no need to enter me in the drawing. Just wanted to say hi and I love you all so much! :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Meeting all of you has been one of the high points of blogging for me. Congrats on your anniversary! And I'm so thankful to Pink Saturday because as I recall, that's where I met you.

I would love to be entered for a chance to win your journal, but more than that, I just want to thank you for always being so sweet.

I am praying that each day brings more strength and better news for Shauna in her battle to win this war.

And to Teresa, we love your girls and grandchildren, and you must be a very special person, too, because they are clearly a reflection of their upbringing!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

Congrats on your blogiversary!! How exciting is that. I guess my one year is coming up soon, too. You've got my wheels turning.

Thanks for this neat journal giveaway. I really like the blue one. So pretty.

And our hearts, thoughts and prayers continue to go out for you, Shawna and the rest of your family. May God bless you abundantly -- over these next several days, weeks and beyond.

Alisa Noble said...

Congratulations on your one year blogiversary!

I will continue to keep Shauna in my prayers and thoughts.

Deb said...

Congrats on your blogging anniversary!

And your dream farm.

Oh, girl! That house. That porch.

Sippin' sweet tea.

Oh, well.

Sweet dreams.

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Well, congratulations on reaching 100! Time goes by fast, doesn't it? Thank you for the gentle reminder to always be in a state of thankfulness. How easy it is to get out of it! Blessings to you...have a great weekend. ; )
~Michele

Lori said...

God Bless Shauna...i will say a prayer that she is able to start her next round of chemo as scheduled...

T said...

Congrats on 1 year! Your journals are lovely!
Continued prayers coming your way Chas. Thanks for the update.:)

Andrea said...

You have an award on arise 2 write.
andrea

Jeanne Oliver said...

I agree...so many things to be thankful for! We will continue to pray for your sweet sister. I can't wait for the day that we can add her healing to the thankful list. love you girls.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

You go Shauna!! BE tough girl!!! LOVE to all of you girls!!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Ohhh enter me please. Beautiful!

And happy blogiversary to you!

Tarnished Rose said...

My prayers for Shauna so she may have a full recovery. She sounds like a very wonderful, very strong person.

Please enter me in your giveaway for one of your journals. They are so neat. I'll head over to my blog and post a link on my sidebar so everyone can come visit.

I've stopped by several times - you have a great blog.

Smiles~
Marilyn

Bernie said...

So happy to hear Shauna is feeling well though sorry to hear she has some pain....I am praying very hard for her.
Congratulations on your one year anniversary and I wish you many more.
Take care......:-) Hugs

Nancy Yoakum said...

I can't stop thinking about your sister Shauna and am mindful to keep her and your family in my prayers! May this Christmas be extra special!

Love, Hugs and Prayers!

Nancy

Jessi Nagy said...

hey sweetie,
shauna will be in my prayers.
have a fantastic week doll
oxoxo,
jessi

Unknown said...

Your journals are beautiful! Thank you for reminding us to be thankful in all things.
My children and I are praying daily for Shauna and I pray for her whenever she pops into my mind. Thank you for the update it will help me be more specific in our prayers.

Love ya, friend!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What lovely journals. I keep a thankful journal and find that life is richer as your look for things during the day to be thankful for.

I'm back from Texas totally exhausted but hit the ground running trying to catch up.

My prayers have been with your family. Shauna is a remarkable woman and I pray complete healing for her.

Have a blessed day!!!

Sandi said...

What lovely journals you make. Please enter me in the drawing and know that I will keep Shauna in my prayers. Christmas blessings to you and your family!
Hugs~

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 1 year girls!!! The journal is so lovely and such a sweet gesture...a truly wonderful giveaway!!!

I will continue to pray for dear Shauna...

definitely counting my blessings...

:) T

sjmcdowell said...

Hi! I will be praying for Shauna please give her a hug from me she is surrounded with Gods loving arms. Congratulations on celebrating your one year anniversary!! Please enter me in your giveaway..what a lovely journal, I will give it to my daughter-in-law if I win. Thanks
so much!! Susan in Georgia

Unknown said...

My sweet daughter, Julia. She's a beautiful example of a young woman living for Christ... Our thoughts and prayers continue for Shauna, Darren, their sweet children, and the whole extended family. Love you all.

Cathy said...

I heard about you at Fairy Footprints blog. I would love and opportunity to win one of your beautiful journals.

Lyneen said...

What beautiful journals. Congrats on the 1 year anniversary. Prayers for Shauna. Her great attitude will get her through!

Thanks for the giveaway!

zachsgran said...

Congrats on your anniversary!
zachsgran1 at yahoo dot com

My Grama's Soul said...

What a heartfelt post and story. It was a wonderful post.

Count me in.

Blessings to you.

Jo

tmc480 said...

The journals are lovely. Please include me in your drawing
tmc480 at yahoo dot com

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Just stopped by to check on all of you and I am glad I did. It is so sweet of you to do a giveaway with all that your going through. Glad you updated us on Shauna. Kemo is very hard and I pray for her so often. God Bless all of You
Maggie

Unknown said...

please enter me, I'd love to win this
rjs682 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

i agree it is a wonderful use for a journal..which reminds me i haven't jotted anything down in quite awhile..but whenever i'm out walking i repeat a 'gratitude' mantra in my head :)

Roslyn said...

I am thankful for my family, my beautiful sons & grandsons & loving DH. For home & food & health & most of all for the Gift that is CHRISTmas!
Sometimes it is very hard to remember the blessings in our hardships & losses, they can overwhelm us, I know.
Blessings