Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Very Special Dinner Party

Friday evening we had a dinner party at my house for Shauna~

Our Grandma and Aunts and cousins...

....and nieces and mother and sisters....

and close friends that might as well be sisters....

We all brought foods that are known to be healthy cancer fighters....
and tried out some very interesting

and mostly yummy

recipes.


Then we gifted her with hats....


adorable hats


for an adorable girl


{isn't she just the cutest?!}


Then we posed for a group shot....
each wearing one of her new hats or head scarves.

We shared a lot more than food together....

We shared tears

laughter

hugs

prayers

scriptures

and a deep love for one another.

Thanks be to God for blessing us with the wonderful relationship of sisterhood.

20 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I am so glad you all were able to have such a great time! I hope you have many, many ,many more!
Hugs and prayers, Lisa

Lori said...

i love your family...i really do...the party for Shauna looks like a lot of fun...yes, she is the cutest and she looks adorable in all of her hats:)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, precious one, what a lovely tribute to your sister and to the love all of you feel for her and for one another. It is so strong it is felt across cyber space all the way to my little study here in Florida. I hope this is just one of the numerous times you will celebrate together. Life is a celebration, and this is the day that the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it!

Sending you hugs and prayers...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

This is a wonderful idea surrounded by the love of family and close friends Shauna is truly blessed. I'm sure your love and prayers will carry her through. I will continue praying for her, God is good.

Have a wonderful week!!!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a wonderful time that you had with family and friends. I will continue praying for your sister.
God Bless,
Ginger

Janean said...

it's so important to share LIFE. none of us is guaranteed tomorrow, so why not celebrate now? great!!!

Martha said...

What a lovely dinner party...love the hats...and yes she is adorable in them all! Prayers for you all!

Unknown said...

I'm still praying for Shauna! She looks so beautiful and the hats really do look wonderful (hats are so in fashion right now)!!

Blessings to all of you!

:) T

Julie Pishny said...

Dear Shauna - she is lovely and brave, and will be comforted by the love of the women in her life - so thoughtful to bring healthy foods to your gathering - please share with her the value of Flaxseed oil, proven to fight cancer with just 2 tablespoons each day - she is in my prayers - as are you. xo Julie

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh how fun. I love those hats! I have prayed for your sweet sister at the oddest times when she comes to mind, and I will continue to do so!

Sending love your way,
Sasha

Unknown said...

My children and I are praying for Shauna and all of her family each and every day. I also pray each time she pops into my mind.

Looks like you had a wonderful evening of love. I'm sure each of you will cherish it.

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

That is just the sweetest thing. I will continue to be praying for you all - especially Shauna.
Hats off to all of you - for a GREAT memory, what a gift.

My Crafty Cottage said...

I just discovered your blog..and I am truly touched. Your sister is so blessed to be surrounded by such a wonderful and loving group of family and friends...and that alone can make all the difference.
Blessings,
Kimberly

Carol............. said...

What a fun time! I LOVE the hats......

Anonymous said...

So Sweet, what a great idea!! Sending hugs and love your way~

Simple Home said...

I'm so glad to have discovered your blog. I will be praying for your sister.
Blessings,
Marcia

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello
I have just read about your sister Shauna via Lori's blog. I will pray for her.

Take care

Isabelle x

paige said...

i think of & pray for shauna daily.
she is just beautiful & the joy in her soul, despite her circumstances, is a testimony in itself!
xo
beautiful entry....

T said...

What a wonderful idea! Love all the hats! I can feel the love!

Anonymous said...

i hope shauna will be well! it looks as if you were giving her the gift of laughter, which is the best medicine-no! what an amazing support group.(and cute hats)