Friday, October 23, 2009

My Turn To Share

I know...I know.

There are pumpkin patch posts all over Blogville these days...
but I just have to share our day of fun too.

They had a pumpkin science class~~went through the wacky worm~~
drove pedal cars~~rode the hay ride....

but the best part is always......

picking out that one special pumpkin from the field



that grew especially for you.


It takes lots of searching to find The One in the midst of all the other
regular pumpkins.

but it finally appears.

and you know it at first sight.

and it makes you smile.


Did you notice that out of all the perfect orange pumpkins in the field....
both the girls picked green ones.

I found that amusing.

They just have to be a little bit different.

and I like that.

I hope they never lose their longing to be just a little bit different.

14 comments:

stefanie said...

good times!!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

A little bit different and a whole lotta cute! Those girls are dolls. The pumpkins are pretty ccute, too. :-)

XO,

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had fun! Thats important.They are adorable girls.Thanks for sharing this special time you guys had.

Andrea said...

Looks like the girls had a lot of fun. Beautiful memories made!

Blessings, andrea

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Your sweet girls sure know how to pick the perfect pumpkins from that big old patch. They are just precious.

Have a terrific warm, dry weekend.( I sure thought of ya'll last weekend)

God bless!!! :o)

Unknown said...

What fun! Great wonderful memories!

Unknown said...

Aw what sweet babes you have. How fun going pumpkin pickin'.
Xo,
Tammy

Lisa said...

I did notice that and I thought it was cool! Glad you had fun!
Hugs, Lisa

Lori said...

i like how those girls think:) what great green pumpkins!!! the pics of the girls are really sweet, they are both so pretty!!!

Regina said...

Wonderful post! Enjoy the weekend.

Deb said...

I'm a country girl, but I don't think I've ever seen green pumpkins.

Learned something new today.

Guess it's about time.

Looks like y'all had fun.

Sweet dreams.

Lisa said...

What beautiful girls! I read through your blog and really enjoyed it, I am a new follower. You live in an awesome area, it is so full of fall color. I also checked out your etsy shop, I'm putting the merci bag on my wish list. As the mother of 3 little ones I may have to wait till Christmas, hope you still have them. Lisa
PS Thanks for visiting my blog.

Sue said...

Just so enjoyed this post. there is nothing any better than to see smiles on children's faces when choosing that right pumpkin. This brought back so many wonderful memories for me Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Backyard Candle Co. said...

what a fun day! i love that they picked the "different" ones too!