I know that it's easier to pray for someone when you know more about them.
So I am going to tell you about my baby sister Shauna.
So I am going to tell you about my baby sister Shauna.
We say that we are twins...just born 7 years apart.

As a baby...everybody loved and adored her
{actually...this is still true today}
who could resist those big blue eyes?

She is happy and funny and NEVER complains.
She is generous beyond description.
She loves
Jack Johnson
pixie stix
photography
milk
laughing
God
her family
She loves
Jack Johnson
pixie stix
photography
milk
laughing
God
her family

These are her two babies....
McKenna is 3
a
ndCarter is 1.


We do EVERYTHING together.

We go to the zoo together....We go on trips together....We celebrate birthdays together...
Wowsie....we even go to the dentist on the same
day. We talk on the phone nearly every dayand see each other at least 3 times a week.
Shauna is my best friend....my kindred spirit....
I can't lose her. Please pray every day for her.
Thank you for all your prayers and encouraging words. They mean so much to us.
Chasity





29 comments:
I was just thinking about you girls yesterday... thanks for sharing these pictures and things about your precious sister with us!
I hope you are able to have a good weekend in spite of the storm you're facing.
Thanks for sharing more about her with us... it makes it more meaningful (to pray) when you "know" a bit more of the person or the situation. Wow!! She sounds like a real sweet sister to have... and I know you don't want to lose her - so I will continue to lift her to OUR FATHER! But, not just for her... it seems like you need grace to walk through this season too. Not just for her, but also for yourself. This is NOT easy... I know.
Sounds like she is a very special sister.If I had a sister she would be like what I would want.I have only 2 brothers.
Seeing all of this about her brings the focus on her health much clearer....especially where her small children are concerned.
I do wish, with all my heart things go well for her.Its in God we have to trust though, he sits what will be right?So as Ive said before my prayers are with her and shes in Gods hands.God Bless chasity!
the word was says, not sits sorry for texting to fast.
Visiting you thru Sherry (Country Wings in Phoenix).
May you know that prayers are lifted for your sister & all of your family, may He hold her up during this challenging time.
Blessings for Shauna we ask you, oh, Lord! Place your healing hands upon her.
TTFN ~ Marydon
what a sweet face...thinking of both of you and praying
Oh Chasity!
I am so sorry to hear about Shauna. I will be taking your button and adding it to my site with a link back to yours. Honey she is going into my prayer list today.
I would like to send her a card. Please email me her address if that would be okay. I know how much cards meant to Amy, and I would like to send one or two to Shauna to let her know that she is being prayed for and that someone loves her in blogland.
We will think positive thoughts and continue to lift her in prayer to our Lord and Savior.
Thinking of you both sweetie. Please let me know about the cards. Country love and hugs, Sherry
This was an especially hard blog for me to read.
You chose some of my favorite pictures of Shauna.
God has promised that he won't give us anything that we can't handle, so there you have it.
You forgot to add that you girls even share the same in-laws. :)
Love You,
Mom
So true....how could anyone not love Shauna??? She is truly an amazing individual, with an amazing family. I feel blessed to know your family, and call you my friends. Hope your pumpkin turns out exactly as you have planned...I want to see pictures! All my love and prayers.
Your description of your sisterhood is a gift that the Lord had given to both of you: rare and so precious! Praying for Shauna and your family for the Lord's healing, comfort, provision, protection, grace, love and peace cover you all...God bless.
Oh Chasity, my heart is breaking for you right now. I know exactly how you feel about your sister, because I have a sister who is like a twin to me and we are the best of friends and always have been. Tears are welling in my eyes as I think of what you must be going through right now. Please know I am praying and will not cease.
I prayed for Shauna this morning and will continue to pray for this sweet soul. Thank you for drawing us closer to her and please keep us updated so we know just how to pray. I've put her on our churches prayer chain also. You can tell from the pics how very close ya'll are. God is good.
Have a good weekend and we are just expecting a miracle!!!
Oh Chas I will definitely add your dear, sweet sister Shauna to my daily prayers! Thoughts and blessings going out for both of you...
T
Hi Chasity,
I am visiting from Sherry's blog.
I am praying for Shauna, and for you. She is lucky to have you on her side, as a sister and friend.
I have a sister 2 years younger than I, so I am really feeling for you.
I will continue to hold you in my thoughts and prayers.
Mary
Your family just could not be any sweeter! Look at all of those precious children and smiling faces. Shauna, I will pray for you and link you on my sidebar for pray requests. Just have faith in God to get you through this.
I have never met you, however it feels like I know you through this wonderful blog.
Chas, thank you for this beautiful post on Shauna.
blessings and hugs,
becky
I am visiting you from Becky's blog Sweet Cottage Dreams and just wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with your sister, you and your family!!
Hugs~Kelly
I will pray for Shauna with all my heart!
Lou Cinda :)
I have just read for the first time about Shauna. She, and all in her family, will have my prayers until the battle is won. I was diagnosed with 2 kinds of breast cancer 3 years ago, and after the surgery I will told there were 3 metastic tumors in my lymph nodes. I lost both breasts, but not my life. It's hard and it hurts and it can take away your energy and enjoyment of life, but only for a little while. So fight the good fight and know that Heavenly Father has His arms of love around you, and all will be restored to you. I'm priviledged to be a part of those praying for you. And may I offer one more thing...please tell Shauna to ask for the help she needs during this difficult time. Those on the sidelines who don't know quite what to do would be so blessed to be given something to do!!!
So sorry I missed tuesday! I have already prayed. I do so hope you are all ok and will be up beat. I am so sorry this has come back. My baby cousin is still fighting his and is winning to date. They go into surgery next month. I pray everyday for cancer to go away.
Hugs and prayers, Lisa
We've been praying! I ache so much for you all. Oh, that the Lord would grant healing and that you all would know His peace in this time. What a gift He has given you with your special friendship! Please let us know if we can help in any way.
I just happened to hear this song while I was posting a comment and I thought you might enjoy it - especially now. It's called "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller. Here are the lyrics...
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
Love you all,
Heather
A very special sister and relationship indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Lovely song lyrics from Heather.
I would love to add this button to my site so we can have that many more prayers for Shauna. I tried but I guess I am one of those older bloggers that can't quite catch on to all this computer stuff. If you can help me add it I would appreciate.
You all are in my prayers.
Maggie
I just wanted to say, I do not have a sister but if I did have one. I would want one just like either of you. You are so blessed to have each other. God Bless you both. Your familys are adorable, I will have you all in my prayers. sandi
What a lovely post...our thoughts, prayers, and comfort with you and your sister and family!
Chas, I'm thinking of you and have Shauna on my heart. Thanks for sharing...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Sending love and hugs to you and your family - Love, Esther
I have put Shauna's name on our healing candle. I engrave the names into the side of it. We light it every night for those who need healing. My husband is recovering from a serious illness and our hearts go out to you all at this difficult time. Loving warm wishes are coming your way from across the world to Shauna and family...Pam in Ireland.
I'm so sorry about this terrible disease. I hate cancer. Yes, I will pray for your dear sister. I will pray she gets to watch those babies grow up. My neighbor had liver cancer about 15 years ago. She had a three month old baby at the time. She is fully recovered now and that baby is 15 yrs. old. God hears our prayers. We will pray for Shauna. Hugs, Kathi
Always in my prayers - I'm an only child but have many sisters of the heart. Battled Kidney Cancer in June and never knew I was loved as much as I am - God held me in His arms and my prayer is that He do the same for you and yours. With Love, Jennifer
Post a Comment