Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the little road says go...

















I love the outdoors, especially the outdoors, right outside the doors of our little house.
..
And I love my dear blessings and grandblessings,

so this little poem seemed perfect for an outdoor Wednesday post.
...
As a mother of five precious children, this little poem speaks to my heart. We are all preparing these gifts God has allowed us to have for the little Road. I pray God blesses us all with love, wisdom and kindness as we prepare them for their journeys.
...
The House and the Road

The Little Road says, Go, ...

And the little House says, Stay:

And O, it's bonny here at home,

But I must go away.
...
The little Road, like me,
...
Would seek and turn and know;
...
And forth I must, to learn the things
...
The little Road would show!
Josephine Preston Peabody
...
I hope you enjoyed our morning stroll down my little road this moring. I love the little bit of Heaven that God has blessed us with here in Missouri.
***Sorry all the pics are bunched up at the top. I am experiencing technical difficulties :o)****
...
Enjoy your Outdoor Wednesday!
Warmly, Debbie

22 comments:

Carol Murdock said...

BLESSED is the perfect choice to describe your little piece of heaven!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Debbie! Thank you so much for the walk! Beautiful, peaceful place and poem!

Lori said...

it looks beautiful there in your little place on this earth...thanks for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

And go I must, my dears,
And journey while I may,
Though heart be sore for the little House
That had no word but Stay.

Maybe, no other way
Your child could ever know
Why a little House would have you stay,
When a little Road says, Go.

:)

I knew who wrote this post the minute I saw the title! Beautiful pictures and words. So looking forward to going down your little road to stay at your little house! <3

Lynette said...

What lovely pics - I esp. love that little blue flower - it looks so sweet and cheery!

thanks for sharing -

Mary Bergfeld said...

I loved your poem and the photos, Debbie. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful.The poem was sweet.I didnt know you had 5 children, wow.God Bless you and your family.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That is so sweet, Debbie, and I think it's a great choice of poem and pictures. Sending you girls much love as I get ready to take my blog break. I've been on a trip, but I am going on an extended break to get lots done (I hope).

Love to you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful things along that open road that says "go".

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

We are so blessed to be surrounded by natures beauty here in "Gods Country" as my Hubby calls the Ozarks. It is a beautiful place to live. Hope you are feelin' fit as a fiddle!

Light and Voices said...

Simply divine!
jfm

Unknown said...

The stroll was lovely. Thank you. The poem was perfect.

Lisa said...

Truly Lovely! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Lisa

Regina said...

Beautiful place and blooms.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing us along and letting us enjoy you little haven there on your side of the globe. It is most beautiful. And to see the sun rise on the wee hours - yes, truly beautiful Debbie

Li

Stephenie said...

What a pretty post..I'm with you, I love the outdoors to.. I especially loooooove that last picture...
Stephenie

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Beautiful pictures Debbie!

It' an Evolution said...

Oh I loved driving through the MO, KS countryside...it is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing a bit of your outdoors with us.

Unknown said...

Oh I did enjoy the stroll down your road...and the poem too - so lovely!!!

:) T

Seawashed said...

Oh yes, I like walking with you down your little road in Missouri. I do miss those little country roads, I found such comforting peace driving,walking, or biking down them when I lived in Belton, MO. God was always so very near. I liked the slowness of the country, the city is always moving with crowds of people.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing... And I just have to say thankyou for your sweet comment today. I am so appreciative of the support.

Have a lovely weekend,
LMM