Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm still around...really...

I feel like I have fallen off the edge of the world~at least the blogging world~ this week.

Here is what has been happening in my neck of the woods....

*************
I've been a VBS teacher..........need I say more....honestly?
It has been so much fun but really takes a lot of time and work.

*************
I joined a weight loss blog.....it officially begins on Monday.

I am ready to get back in shape and shed some excess poundage.

Maybe then I can fit into something really pretty like ~~this~~


without feeling frumpa~lumpy. {just came up with that one...like it?}

*************
I've been running again...and that makes mevery happy.


***********

and I have a cold......aren't summer colds the pits?
{especially when you are a vbs teaching running weight losing fool!}
They hit so unexpectedly and make me so grumpy when it's hot outside and my nose is all snuffly.

blah.

**********
so....next week I am hoping for some major r&r for myself........
this is what I envision.....

****a little play day in the forest****




Hope that all is well with you

Sending hugs your way {{{{hug}}}}}

chas

photos from flickr: photo 1~angiehearts.net; photo 2~alexey05; photo 3~jayhawksoftballkp; photo 4~emerging; photo 5~ margge; photo 6~nicolasaurus is i

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Im having a bit of the coldtype thing as well.Sinus trouble in August? Its a first for me,lol.I love the pics you have chosen...especially the one with the black dress and the birdcage,so cute.have a good day!

stefanie said...

oh, i want to be skinny too... my kids started school, so monday i start going to the gym, i want to wear something like the blue fairy dress in your pics, ok, in my dreams

Rue said...

Good morning Chas :)

I'm glad your having fun, but I'm sorry about your cold. Those ARE the pits... yuck.

I'd like to be skinny too, so I bought that shred video with the broad from the biggest loser. I'm hoping she kicks my butt... off LOL

Get better soon!

xoxo,
rue

Anonymous said...

oh girl, I am sorry about the cold...stinkers. hope you are feeling better soon...I started running again too...boy o boy did I need it! Have a great weekend, and good luck with your new weight loss adventure..! XO

Lori said...

Chas, sorry to hear you are sick...hope you are all better soon

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Cold??? Yuck!!! Who came up with colds???? We hope you feel better soon.
Run, Chas, Run!!!!

Backyard Candle Co. said...

You have been a busy little beaver! I hope you feel better quickly and have a relaxing weekend!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Hate that you have a stinkin'cold but love the fact you have been busy with VBS planting seeds! Kiddo's are the BOMB. 'Keep the old brain engaged and the body young. Good luck on your weight loss adventure and your goal comes quickly. Rest up and have a super day!!!

Victoria Hayden said...

Sounds like you have been very busy and yet had a great summer! I hope you get feeling better fast with your cold! I so need to shed excess weight from 4 children...I just need to get serious about it. I love all those beautiful pictures...so serene and peaceful!

Hugs to you,
~Victoria~

Lisa said...

Just coming out of my summer slump! sorry about your cold. Feel better and you will do a great job on the weight loss blog!
Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Sorry about your cold..this is the first summer in awhile that I haven't gotten the flu - I know who gets the flu in the summer! Love that first picture - the dress and the birdcage!! Super weekend:)

T

Kdottie Designs said...

Hope you feel better. Summer colds are the worst. How are you losing weight?

BECKY said...

Ohhh, I thought I was getting a cold, too, but it is some allergy thing, I think. Don't know. Haven't dealt with that in some time!

I say fatta matta!! Too funny!! I'm on the getting fit train as well!! Just starting is the big thing!! I've lost 5+ so far...good start! We walk at a gorgeous state park a few minutes away, and I do some old school exercises and swim laps and do water aerobics. I'm really focusing on enjoying the journey to fitness, and not getting in a big hurry.

Love your forest follies!! You have such a neat perspective!!

Have a glorious time frolicking!!
HUGS,
Becky

Nancy Yoakum said...

Love the pictures! Sounds like you have lots on your plate, but that's what makes out life full and rewarding! Take a bubble bath a night by candle light, that always helps me unwind from a crazy hectic day!

the wild raspberry said...

I'm with you, Chas! Rest up, recoup and lose some weight. I love the post. And I love you! xoxo, Debbie

Unknown said...

I totally understand about the VBS teaching!!! It is very rewarding, but extremely time consuming. Isn't it amazing how busy summer can become. Take some time and relax it sounds like you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Busy but having fun at the same time. Liking the dress - complete with the stockings!With your determination, no doubt you'll be wearing just that among others you probably have set your eyes on :-)

I think I'd still prefer your weather right now. Boo hoo, we have had 2 typhoons here in a matter of two weeks. :-(

Li

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Ya' peeked my curiosity. I am very interested in the story behind the song, "You are so Beautiful." Hope today has kicked your summer cold out!! Have a great one.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing life you are leading! You will soon fit into your little dream dress and wiggle your freshly-painted toes in a babbling brook! What a fun image!

Have a fantastic week!
Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

Seawashed said...

Sounds wonderful. Not the cold, but everything else...been going to the gym all summer, but haven't seen much change. It's hard to lose wt. in your 40's. Hmph!

Stella said...

Sorry you under the weather. A walk through the forest and a new dress should fix everything. Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog.

Anonymous said...

what was that word? chunka'lumpy? I love it! I love running also! It helps me clear my head. Plus, I saw on the biggest loser that running burns more calories than any other exercise.

feel better!

Carol Murdock said...

Hey Chas...love the frumpa-lumpy!
Describes me to a T ! Have fun on your frolic in the forest!Good luck on the wieght loss!

littlebyrd said...

That all sounds so great ~ wishing you good luck! I do love that dress.