Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dawn's Early Light

It has been raining here for days. Not that I mind.
I find the rain refreshing and calming...
especially in August when it is usually scorching and brown.

For some reason I woke up early this morning.
Not usually a trait of mine.
I love the early mornings but find it hard to pull myself out of bed to enjoy them.

I grabbed my camera and went out to claim the calmness of the morning.


The rain has encouraged the moss to grow everywhere.
I love moss. It's so enchanting.

The world was draped in dew and left~over rain drops.


It seemed as if the whole world was still wrapped in slumber except an occasional happy bird looking for breakfast.


It's the kind of morning when you feel you need to tip-toe quietly in the grass so that the magic spell isn't broken....


and there isn't any question as to why this flower is called a morning~glory.
I'm so glad I was able to catch this beauty before the sun came up and it
closed it's lovely face.


May you find peace and calmness in the day...


I'm off to grab my cup of coffee and breathe in the morning before the sounds of traffic and chatter enter the world.
hugs to you~
chasity

20 comments:

Maisy said...

Great photos Chasity!!!!
I love all the drops of water on the flowers!!

Lori said...

what beautiful pictures Chasity...the flowers look so pretty dripping with water...i will let you know first if i make any more of those critters...for sure:)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you got up and captured the beautiful morning. The sunrise was also so beautiful this morning. It was reflecting off the pond. Thanks for the pictures. When I get tired of sitting in my cube, I can take a little walk through your gardens.
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I loveee morning Glories.Mine are vining up the rot iron railing.I love them.They are like a reddish pink this year,LOL.Last year they were dark maroon.I have put many seeds down year after year,so I guess im starting to see all the different colors of them each new year.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

That's the way to start the morning! Thank you for the calming images...now off to a hot coffee!

BECKY said...

You sure did put me in a more peaceful mode with this post! I LOVE it when I think I am sneaking up on the day, and get to capture some of the stillness and calm! Like you , it doesn't happen very often, but oh the JOY when it does!!

Have a wonderfully serene day!
HUGS,
Becky

Coloradolady said...

Lovely photos. I love the drops on the flowers. So pretty. You always have such wonderful photos.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Breathtakingly beautiful, Chasity. God surrounds us in His (morning) glory.

Farmgirl Paints said...

What a great idea to go out and capture those first thing in the morning like that. Beautiful pictures...so calm and peaceful.

Lisa said...

Oh wow! Thanks for getting up and sharing your pictures!
Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos, love the purple...hope you enjoyed your coffee!

Nancy Yoakum said...

I find the rain very calming too, and always welcome it. I love it most when I can cuddle up with a blanket, working on a craft project and looking out the window at everything outside. Before you know it, it will be fall, so enjoy those beautiful flowers while they are here!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

glorious...I love the morning glory with the light in the middle. stunning beauty...

xx
becky

Anonymous said...

In a world where everything just goes by and everyone is too busy on their own, this simple things in life becomes magic :-)

Isn't it just beautiful to wake in silence cause then, and the stillness you will be able to notice the beauty that surrounds you.

Good think you got up that morning so you can share it with us too :-)

Li

(I like rain too, but the rains we're having pours too hard :-(

Oh, and I I like Anne of Avonlea, as much as the first. You're right, it really helps you dream)

Jeanne Oliver said...

What a beautiful way to start the day. I wish I was more of a morning person when I see these photos.

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a perfectly peaceful morning! The best things in life are right there for our taking....arn't they?

Unknown said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS flowers! I think we both hold a love for these beauties! I loved this post!

JennyMac said...

Wonderful photos...and those wrapped in dew and left-over raindrops? Perfect.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Very soothing post girl.

Unknown said...

Good for you for getting out there and taking these beautiful photos! I just love them:)

T