Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Twinkletoes' Treasures

Wowsie wow wow...it's the weekend already. The summer weeks are flying by.
As promised, Twinkletoes is ready to share her vintage heirlooms.

Most of her treasures have been given to her from grandmothers or great-grandmothers.
I love that she realizes how precious these gifts are at her tender age of 8.

This is her antique iron that she loves to play with.
It was a gift from her grandmother.
Holy Moly...I hope she never drops it on her twinkle toes because it is
heavy


Here is the end cap with the information ...
I love to get close ups of old rusty things.


This is her set of old wooden dominoes {also from her grandma}
It is really quite cool.


Her special statues...

*The pretty pink girl is a music player that belonged to my grandma. She passed away when Twinkletoes was 3 months old. I sure wish she had gotten to know her.

*The little Dutch girl was a present from Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams. She is such a wonderful lady....she is very special to us.

*The little pony was a gift from another great-grandmother. It is darling.

**********
This is a trinket box that Twinkle got from her Grandma Tee. She loves horses and if they have wings~well~ that is twice as nice!

And this is a trinket box from her Grandma C.
It is chocked full of her girly jewelry.


~~Best for last~~

This is a lovely little locket that hangs in her room...
The day she got it she drew her self-portrait and placed it inside.


Isn't it great?
Makes me smile every time I open it
:)


There you have it...
not a bad start for a little twinkle gal...

xo

Chasity
{{and Twinkletoes}}

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that kind of iron sure is heavy. What a work ironing is before. Filling it with coals - - - I guess if there's someone whose complaining of ironing their clothes today, just show them the ones they had before :-) Maybe I need to remind myself that too once in a while LOL

Aaawwwww lockets - there's always something in them. The fact that it can hold not only pictures but notes makes me yearn for it :-) There's something very sentimental about it.

Mizpah,
Li

Lori said...

what a wonderful collection of goodies!!! i just love that some of them are family heirlooms, that makes them extra special treasures...the locket with the self portrait is my favorite:) very sweet!!!

BECKY said...

What a precious collection of lovely treasures!! And that self portrait in the locket...priceless!! I love that she has an appreciation for vintage goodies! My 11 yo loves some of it, but screams about old cars!! Her first car will probably be an oldie!!

Blessings to you!!
Happee Thursday!
Becky

Anonymous said...

I sure did enjoy looking at all of Twinkle's treasures. I would have a hard time deciding which is my favorite thing. I think it is wonderful that you have made a point of collecting things from people in the family. It is special now, but when she is old like Grandma, it will be twice as special.
Have a wonderful day. Now back to work for grandma.
Love You,
Mom
(Grandma Tee)

★Carol★ said...

Your little Twinkletoes has quite a vintage collection, at such a young age! I think my favorite thing is that locket. Not only is it pretty, but I just love that little self-portrait in there! How adorable!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wow.. so many vintagey items.. am sure the iron is heavy.. and some as family heirloom.. just awesome..

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh what a wonderful grouping. I love all the little treasures. Especially loved the self portrait. How beautiful is that? Absolutely priceless. I also am in love with the little Dutch girl. She is just the cutest little thing and will fit in to just about any grouping because of her size. Loved it all. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. Country Hugs, Sherry

Marie said...

Such a sweet collection. Those dominoes are so neat, and such a fabulous color.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the locket.So pretty.I cannot believe someone used that iron, LOL.Wow I would think you would really complain when you had to iron with that,LOL.Have a lovely day!

Tootsie said...

What a wonderful post! that locket is absolutely priceless!

Anonymous said...

My mom used to cal me twinkletoes, cause I was a ballerina, I wanted that on my license plate when I got my car, just couldn't figure out how to shorten it! anyway, where was I going? Oh yeah, LOVE her treasures, she is well on her way to being a junking queen! keep it up twinkletoes!

NicNacManiac said...

WOW...she is off to a fabulous start with her collection of fine treasures!! Love that she drew a self portrait...go girl!!

Old Time Cindy said...

A self-portrait, how cute is that? Nice collection for a lovely young lady.

cristina said...

If twinkletoes isn't the coolest kid ever, I don't know what is. What a collection! Love her locket with self portrait - this story has really got my biological clock going!!

Sarah said...

How precious! I love the locket picture! I love that black horse too! I was just telling my husband recently that there is a special connection with a girl and a horse, we are drawn to them naturally! I have always dreamed of owning one!

Just wanted to mention that I am holding my first giveaway on my blog, come on over! :)

Anonymous said...

wow twinkletoes has got some serious treasures in her possession!..i've got a soft spot for old irons :)

Coloradolady said...

What a great bunch of treasures. I love the horse items, the one with wings is so sweet.

Now about that locket, how sweet that was with the self portrait inside. Love it.

Have a great VTT!

Becky said...

Oh
My
Gosh!

What wonderful gifts Twinkletoes has received! Her self-portrait is fabulous!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

What wonderful vintage treasures! Love the little locket, too sweet!

Debbie

Unknown said...

What a wonderful collection!! I actually have a similar old iron that came from my husband's grandmother and they are heavy...but cool(to think they used to use those things)!

:) T

Jeanne Oliver said...

Oh my goodness..the picture inside the locket is the SWEETEST!!!!

Bea said...

Twinkle has a wonderful collection of vintage goodies. Love her self portrait. =)

It' an Evolution said...

It's funny you posted on your grandmother as well...check out my blog as I did the same thing. It is so wonderful to have a piece that you can remember them by! Have a great weekend.
Janet

Claudia said...

Hi Chasity! I love all your beautiful treasures - thank you so much for sharing them!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Oh Cass, that locket, and its contents! melted our hearts...
M & C

~h~ said...

The locket with her self-portrait is the sweetest! Very cute. She's a lucky little girl. :)

CC said...

Ooooo, what wonderful, wonderful things. I love them all, but that little locket has to be my favorite.
It's just beautiful. Happy VTT..have a lovely weekend.

Rue said...

I think it's the sweetest thing ever that you call your daughter Twinkletoes. Have I told you that? :)

Her treasures are wonderful! I love that she has a little bit of every woman in her life. The locket is absolutely precious :)

xoxo,
rue

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Loved browsing your treasures especially the locket. The precious artistry is sooo something I would have done as a young'en. Have a very blessed day!!!

Marie said...

Hello Chasity - thank you for joining the party! Well, twinkletoes is such a blessed little girl to have these wonderful treasures! That iron is so cool! My Grampa Ed worked for the Edison Company all of his life. The old dominoes are neat too. And I love the jewelry box and that locket! So pretty. What a cute little self portrait she drew, so sweet.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Caleen said...

Some really great treasures. I am sure glad for modern appliances. That is one heavy iron.. The locket is my favorite. Very sweet. Thank you for sharing. Have a lovely weekend.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I am enjoying seeing everyone's heirlooms and the stories that go along with them. Love your daughter's self portrait in the locket. Too cute!!!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

.....sweet little twinkle toes.....I know your real name...shhhh...and you are just the sweet lil' one who collects all things lovely like your mamma and big sister. Such a sweet story here about how your collections have evolved. Now remember - as you get older - the history behind the things that your gravitated to as a young child. Forever they will hold a special niche in your being.

keep on seeing the beauty in the pieces with history...

xx
becky