Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Lot to be Thankful For

Besides the fact that it is a beautiful, fairly mild summer morning,
with the day s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g out in front of us with unknown surprises
and with pleasant activities awaiting us,
including spending the day with my blessings and grandblessings...


And that I can hear the cheep, cheep, cheeping of twelve baby chicks newly hatched out of our incubator...oh they are so sweet...and a few more are on the way...


But the best news of all...
..
The most wonderful news of all...
...
What we are most thankful for of all...
..
is that Shauna, our sweet baby sister
..
is cancer free and feeling good!
..
We are even running together again!
..
God has been so good to answer our every prayer...
..
and there have been many.
..
We won't stop praying that she will be cancer free
...
for life.


That's what we are most thankful for.

visit Thankful Thursday for more encouragement and blessings...

20 comments:

Karen said...

Praise the Lord for your sister being cancer free! That is awesome!

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!
Karen

Skoots1moM said...

awesome...
thank you lord, for this answered prayer
continue to watch over them all
enjoying each day together

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Thank you sweet Jesus for this wonderful blessing. I hope you will continue to pray for my niece Amy, and the daughter of my sister Debbie, at There's An Angel On My FrontPorch. Amy is facing a very critical test that will determine a much needed surgery for her to survive her cancer. It is so wonderful to hear miracles happen around us every day. God Bless You All, Country Hugs, Sherry

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Praise the Lord.

Lori said...

i am so happy to hear that your beautiful Shauna is cancer~free!!! thank you for sharing the wonderful news:)
oh, that little chick is so sweet...
you do have beautiful things to be happy for today and tomorrow...

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

That is such wonderful news about Shauna!!! I am so happy for each of you!

God is Good....ALL the time!!

Lou Cinda :)

Sofia Striffler said...

Wonderful news. Thanks for visiting and your comments on my blog.

Grammy said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome !
We my first thoughts as I read your post.
What a blessing. Happy TT.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

WooooooooHooooooo! Praise the Lord! That makes my day, girls!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Denise said...

God is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

Im so happy to hear about your sister.I hope she continues with positive results.I will surely keep her in my prayers.

Lisa said...

Oh!!! I am so very grateful to God that our prayers are being answered!!! I know your sweet family is over the Moon!
Hugs and prayers! Lisa

Jeanne Oliver said...

The Lord is soooo good! I have the biggest smile on my face right now!

eph2810 said...

Oh - what awesome news about your baby sister - PTL!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always...

Sue said...

Amen, And I rejoice with Shauna, you and your family, What an awesome God we serve!! Go and run and enjoy each other!
Love the picture of the new chick, so cute,and that young man looks like he really enjoys adventures also.
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

what WONDERFUL news! And she's feeling well enough to start running! Wonderful, happy day!

Anonymous said...

Yahoo!!! Thank you for letting us know Chasity, that made me smile today!! happy healthy weekend!

Unknown said...

What an absolutely beautiful post! Praise the Lord your sister is cancer free!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi girls! Oh, this is great news for Shauna!!! God does answer prayers!! She looks so cute in these pics!!!

xo
becky

Farmgirl Paints said...

Now that is something to be thankful for...Praise God!