Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rust, Old Wood, and Chippy Urns

It has been so busy that I haven't had much time for blogging.
We had a 3-day craft sale weekend....
followed by Spunky's birthday that
was filled to the brim with fun*ness {{pretend that is a real word}}
and now we are all sick. blah.
****
.
I just love different textures.
I'm posting some pictures of things that I find inspiring.
Things that tell a story.





This last photo is the base of a birdbath that came with our home.
We were told that it may be original to the house.
That is amazing to me.
Don't you love things that whisper secrets of days gone by?
***

v.
Have a lovely day.
{{sneeze, sniffle, moan}}
xoxo
Chasity

29 comments:

Lisa said...

Great photos! We're all getting it here too! YUCK!
Feel better soon!
Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

My nephews and I used to make up stories about who lived in a certain old home, when we were bored., It kept those boys busy for hours...lol

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

Chasity, I'm with you...textures AND days gone by mysteries are where it's at. Also, I love making up my own words...so go with it! Great pictures. I've been sick 2 weeks and finally getting better. I understand how out of the loop it makes you feel! Feel better soon!

Just Be Happy said...

Hope you feel better soon.
:o)

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Really love the birdbath. It would look great in my yard! ha.

Hope you feel better soon!

Kristine

Coloradolady said...

Great photos! And to answer your question...yes, I love things with secrets, stories and mysteries. Love the bird bath being original to the house...that is really neat.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Your pictures are really fantastic. You can't be sick tomorrow, it's your birthday!
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I like the angles of the photos. makes me wanna see the whole picture.

But isn't it nice that if we just look closely we can really see beautiful things that surrounds us.

Oh and I agree, I love reading and listening stories of things that has so much stories to tell.

Li

Anonymous said...

i lOVE all these photos! Love all the textures!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Love all textures and love those photos!!

~h~ said...

Oh, how great is that stone bird bath that came with your house! I love older homes because of those kinds of treasures and the stories that often come with them. Great photos of vintage lovelies, too. :)

Jeanne Oliver said...

How did your sale go? Can't wait to hear about it and I hope you all feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Love chippy, rusty things~ Great photos and hope you feel better soon and you can get back to the fun*nes!

Postcardy said...

I like textures too.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

These photos are beautiful. I love textures too, things that tell a story. I always wonder who used to love these things and what happened to them...

Hope you feel better soon!

Lou Cinda :)

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon....however, the photos are awesome....thanks for sharing!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'm very into textures myself. Makes for great photographs!
Brenda

Marie Reed said...

oooh! I just OVE a of your close ups! You poor thing. I'm sorry that you've been sick! I hope that you'll have more energy for all of the Funness of summer soon!

Roslyn said...

Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for posting anyway, artists love color, texture etc!

LV said...

My what interesting items on you post today. Sorry you have been having problems. Trust all is better today. Thanks for dropping by my post.

Protector of Vintage said...

Lovely photos! I enjoyed visiting your blog today. Hope you feel better soon!

CC said...

Beautiful photos. Hope you feel better soon.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

nice photos and thanks for sharing.. have a great day & happy VTT hope you feel better soon

Virginia said...

Lovely textured photos! Happy VTT!

Backyard Candle Co. said...

I am sorry you are all not feeling well! So yucky to be sick in the summer. Beautiful pics!

Bea said...

Wonderful photos. You have a good eye. Hope you are better soon.

Miri said...

Wonderful vintage garden goodies!

Anonymous said...

i loved your post and all your rusty treasures..they're right up my alley :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.