Wednesday, June 24, 2009

1~2~3~4

5~6~9&10
{sorry if you know this song by Feist and it gets stuck
in your head ALL day...Misery loves company!}

I went shopping with my mom for my birthday at the local antique store....
we were there a whopping 4 hours!
It is a really big place...does that help my cause?
Anyway...it was so much fun and there was so much to see.
I'm here to show you what she got me for my b~day.

I have this new infatuation with numbers.
I am blaming one of my bloggy friends for this one.
I won't name any names but she is blonde and lives somewhere
in California....
{{you know who you are}}

So....I got these wonderful metal baskets with cute numbers on them...

I like them especially well because they say Washburn on them
and I went to college at Washburn University....
pretty cool, eh?

I put dish towels in one but the other is floating around
trying different things.
magazines? maybe. books? possibly.
any other great ideas??


Here is my other numbered present
{don't know why it is being underlined}


I couldn't resist them....I love balls and marbles
of all sorts. I know~I am such a kid-at-heart.

You can't tell me that you wouldn't love to pick one up or roll one around!



And here is one more thing....a vintage brooch.
Sometimes a girl just needs a bit of bling.


There is something else that Mom got me but I'm not showing it until a certain E-bay auction is over. That's all I'm saying....don't want you to rush out and bid against me!
I hope to show you soon with a slightly larger collection...

Have fun with all the vintage goodies today at the Coloradolady's blog....
I'll have my eye out for anything like my new little collection ;)

xoxo
Chasity

31 comments:

Simply Debbie said...

"1~2~3~4"
Happy Birthday shopping Chasity.
I love each thing you purchased so I know I will love your surprise gift.
I love the basket because I always wanted to buy the basket we put all our swimming things in at Phillips University. I just love wire baskets...they remind me of a happy time.
Have a beautiful day
hugs
debbie

Susan said...

I like the metal crates; look like something out of a mail room that handled packages and letters. One idea for you is placing it on the porch holding potted geraniums. You are going to have loads of fun with those.

★Carol★ said...

Love your number stuff, and good luck with the Ebay auction! For my birthday, instead of sending my hubby out into the world to shop for me, I shopped and shopped on Ebay, and all he had to do was wrap it all. One day, the postman brought me three packages! It was like Christmas was on my birthday!

Bea said...

Washburn University in Topeka, KS? That metal basket is a great place to display tea towels.

anythinggoeshere said...

I love a girl who loves numbers. Great finds.

Just Be Happy said...

sounds like you had a fun day shopping with your mom!
:o)

Coloradolady said...

Your metal crates are wonderful....so many uses for them.

Not nice to make us wait...but I totally get the reason why...we can not be trusted!!

Lovely things today, how fun to spend a good part of the day hunting for treasures.

Have a great week and Happy VTT!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Love those locker baskets! Great treasures...hope you win the auction!!!

Postcardy said...

I love those baskets. They look very useful.

Roslyn said...

What a lovely way to spend your birthday-& with your Mom, lucky you.The gifts are just the icing on the cake.

Outstanding Stranger said...

Well Happy Birthday and I can't think of a better way to spend it then crusing through a huge antique store...funny how we get collecting one thing like numbers then change to something else..can't wait to see what your mom gets you hope she wins the bid, I will check back to find out. BD Hug....Diane

Anonymous said...

isn't it the BEST FUN when you get to go shopping for YOUR very OWN b'day presents, makes it extra-special when it's with your mum :) i'm loving all your numbered treasures especially those amazing baskets!!..have a FABULOUS birthday Chastity!!..got that song swirling round in my head now lol!!

Hopie said...

I like numbers too. And words.
Could you put the numbered balls into the numbered basket?

Lori said...

i never thought about collecting by numbers...that is very cool...love the bling!!!

cristina said...

Well thank you little miss wild raspberry I now have the feist song running in my head! What great baskets - perhaps for magazine/book/fabric storage? And the vintage bling, love it - what will you wear it with?

LADY JANE said...

Happy Birthday to you! What great birthday treasures Mom bought you! Lol...excuse my silly pun but they are really on the ball...looks like they ADD up to a perfect birthday!
And oh...with the little extra blig...your day must have been dazzling! Happy everything to you!

Jeanne Oliver said...

You got some wonderful presents!! I love the metal bins!

Kellie said...

I love it all...but you're lucky I don't know where you live or I might just sneak in and "borrow" those metal crates...they are fantastic!

Sarah said...

Those metal baskets are so cool! I remember using them at the lakes (before public swimming pools)for our clothes and stuff. You were given a key on a big safety pin with the number to your basket on it. You then pinned the key to your bathing suit so you wouldn't loose it! I hadn't thought about that in a long time. Thanks for the memory nudge!!

Miri said...

Great numbered bins! and the broach is just lovely!

Happy B-day! (I'm showing pix of DH as a boy for his b-day today :)

CC said...

What a wonderful birthday you had. I love everything you got..specially the metal baskets. Good luck with your auction..I hope you win. Happy VTT..have a lovely weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I wonder who that girl is, strange! LOVE the metal basket...love love love..I think I need one, and can't wait to see what you are bidding on...you left me in anticipation..i don't like that but i will be patient! XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

We had a really great time. Now I get the whole "shop til you drop" thing. I can hardly wait to see the whole collection, (I'm not going to give your secret away.)
Love You,
Mom

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Birthday shopping day, Chas! You have a sweet mom, and I love your goodies. NEAT!

Hope your birthday was as special as you are...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Unknown said...

woohooo....you got some great things....I love numbers too...the billiard balls are great! So are the wire baskets!

The previous post with the little princesses is wonderful...they look like they had a great time!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I really do enjoy that song!

You found some incredible things and I can't wait to see what you "won" on Ebay!

Lisa said...

Super great stuff! I can't wait to see what you are getting!!
Hugs, Lisa
ps cool your birthday is still going on!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

what a great find.. i love your metal basket.. and the numbers add its coolness! even the balls & marbles look great if you put them together.. and the bling2 is just lovely! have a great weekend.. i am late for my VTT

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Aren't those baskets tons of fun? Like you, I love old things with numbers. Great balls there! (that doesn't sound very good, huh?) But they are cute!!

Hope you win the auction!!

xoxo
becky

Stephenie said...

Collecting by numbers, that's really cool. OMG, I sound like my teenage son (Cool)..Love the new metal baskets..What fun shopping with your mom on your birthday...Happy Birthday...Hope you had a special one...
Stephenie

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I adore the metal baskets! 4 hours in an antique shop sounds WONDEFUL!