In an attempt to reach out to others and also to strengthen our own faith and knowledge of His Word....we would like to present a memory verse every week .
We believe that this will be a great way for us to dig deeper into the Word and really push ourselves to study harder.
This week's verse:
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
This verse is stating that belief in Jesus is the ONLY way to get to Heaven. We must believe that Jesus is truly God's only son and that He came to this earth to die as a living sacrifice for our sins.
The last part of the verse means that Jesus is our mediator {I Timothy 2:5} and he presents our prayers to God the Father.
What do you think? Anything to add?
I know I am starting out pretty basic but I hope that you will want to participate and we can dig into deeper, more complex, verses as we go. I pray that even when we don't agree on a topic, we can listen with open hearts and respect each other without feeling angry or hurt, or threatened. It's how we will get stronger and learn more!!!
It would be helpful to back up our thoughts with the scripture that supports the thought.
I hope to hear from you.
Love in Him,
Chasity
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





12 comments:
Jesus is GOD.Thus the Trinity,God the Father,God the Son,God the Holy Spirit.Jesus is not the mediator, Jesus is GOD.My religion is Greek Orthodox.
I do agree that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are all parts of the Godhead {the trinity} yet they are different beings.
This one is hard for me to wrap my brain around....a very difficult concept.
However, we are told that God sent his Son and not himself.
Here are some verses that I believe support this:
I John 4:10
Galatians 4:4
also consider when Jesus was baptized...Matthew 3:16-17
He was baptized and God said that "this is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased."
Thanks for writing Becky!
I'm already digging deep into the Bible and loving it!!!
Chasity
They arent different,they are all one.They arent 3 seperate GODS.They are all ONE.
Hi Chasity,
Firstly I want to thank you for your lovely comment that you left me you have such a beautiful heart. I pray your sister is doing better we have a awesome God one that heals everywhere we hurt and I pray His healing virtue be upon Shauna.
I love this idea of yours with the memory verse every week, I so want to know Him more and sometimes when you do it with others you can see things in a different light. I agree with your thoughts. The only way to life eternal is through Jesus, He is the ONLY way and it is through Him that we know the Father.
Thank you so much for doing this, I so need it.
Hugs to you my sweet sis in Christ.
Take Care
Melly:)
Love the idea! And I have nothing to add, cause I agree with you entirely. Thanks for being so open with your faith. I believe you will really reach people.
DEAR CHASITY,
I WILL LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR WEEKLY SCRIPTURE. I THINK IT WAS AN HOLY GHOST INSPIRED IDEAL.
THE BIBLE SAYS THAT JESUS SETS ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE FATHER INTERCEDING FOR US.....JESUS WILL TELL GOD EITHER YES, THAT IS MY CHILD, OR I DON'T KNOW YOU, YOU WORKER OF INQUITY ...
THE HOLY SPIRIT DRAWS US TO JESUS AND IT STATES, DO NOT GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT.
YES THE TRINITY IS FATHER, SON, AND HOLY GHOST...BUT YOU DON'T GET TO HEAVEN EXCEPT THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS HE SHED AT CALVARY AND REPENTANCE OF OUR SINS.
BLESSINGS
HUGS
debbie
Good morning! I was so glad to read the update on your sister---I pray she is out of pain and the surgery was successful.
How wonderful that you share your faith with us and make us think about ours. I believe the father, son and holy spirit are separate, but one....a difficult concept to understand, but accepted on pure faith.
Hope you're having a great week! Dana
I know the Lord will take your sweet heart and love of him to reach others. It may seem like a mustard seed....you just never know! “Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.” Matthew 10:32
This is one of my favorite scriptures. I guess I have a lot of favorites because I often make his same comment about other scriptures. I think this is a wonderful thing you are doing and I'm glad you linked to Spiritual Sundays. Otherwise I would never have found your blog. Most people go to the Spiritual Sundays blog on Saturday and Sunday. I get an email signaling every time somebody new links on. I hope you will come back this week end and link again on the new post.
Blessings,
Charlotte
I love your memory verse idea. Don't we all need to work harder at writing His word in our heart! This scripture is such a wonderful one (aren't they all?) But it just shows how Christianity is made so clear for us through the Bible. We are so blessed to know the path to heaven as shown to us in the Bible. Jesus told us himself that He is the Way! No secrets, no mystery. Our faith and obedience to Him is the key. We are so blessed. Thanks for doing this Chasity!
I love your memory verse idea...I myself need to take the time and read the Bible more..I will look forward to your weekly posts..
STephenie
Hello Chasity, I think this is a nice post. And I'm glad that everyone is welcome to share. :-)
Here's a verse I would like to share in connection to your post:
John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"Yes, I believe Jesus as the mediator and the only mediator.
Here's another one about salvation I would like to share too since you mentioned about going to heaven.
Ephesians 2:8-10 - "For it is by GRACE you have been saved, through FAITH - and this not from yourselves, it is the GIFT of God - NOT BY WORKS, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Post a Comment