Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Delicate and Sweet

I hope that you aren't tiring of seeing my garden pictures yet....
the irises are in bloom right now and are spectacular!


I love all the details about them that you might not notice until you get really close and study them well. The amazing little dots.

the beautiful stripes.

one that is just about ready to share its secret.
;

two irises embraced in a hug.

I love the way they sparkle like a million tiny diamonds

when the sun catches them just right.



and when you peer inside, they hold the most amazing surprise.

irises. sweet lovely irises.

THANK YOU so much for all your prayers and kind thoughts for Shauna.
She has made it home from the hospital today.


Warmly,
Chasity

45 comments:

Backyard Candle Co. said...

So glad to hear she is home. Horray! And the flowers are gorgeous!

Just Be Happy said...

not tired of your flowers at all, they are beautiful!
:o)

Melly said...

It's wonderful to hear that Shauna is home and Chasity your Irises are just divine, isn't God amazing at the beauty He creates with just a spoken word. I've just come in from taking some pics of the roses in my garden, can't get enough of His beauty
Have a super sweet day!
Melly:)

SouthernGal said...

Beautiful irises. The detail is stunning!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Your flowers are beautiful. This is the first time I've seen them. But, I could never grow tired of them.

Lisa said...

Beautiful Irises! SOOOO glad your sister is doing well!
Hugs, Lisa

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Chasity! Beautiful flowers...such detail! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

Sonia said...

Oh how I love irises!!! They look like flowers with big frilly skirts. Your pictures are beautiful and the colors are so pretty! Miss Bloomers

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

LOVE the Iris! Such beautiful photographs!

Maryrose said...

I never get tired of gardens and flowers. Your irises are wonderful. If only can last a bit longer. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.
Maryrose

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Who could tire of God's nature? Your photos only serve as a reminder of His splendor!
Michelle

pam said...

Flowers never get old in my eyes...my iris are really out in full bloom right now and I'm LOVING it!

Jadehollow said...

Chasity.. Your photos of your irises are splendid.. you capture every detail. Glad to see Shauna is home. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Debbie

the wild raspberry said...

Thanks girls so much for all the prayers offered on Shauna's behalf!

And Chas, the pictures are fantastico-fabuloso! Thanks for working so hard all the time on our blog. Love, your slacker wild raspberry sister, Debbie : )

Fifi Flowers said...

J'adore irises! My FAV!!!

Kathy said...

I love your Irises such beautiful colours, ours have been and gone so I enjoyed seeing yours, happy OW, Kathy.

Marie Reed said...

I could never tire of this eye candy! (hanging my head in shame) I forgot to water my Irises and they're wilted and sad!

pam said...

Hi Chasity...RYC: we went to the Overland Park Arboretum....179th and Antioch. You can google them..I don't remember how long they have been there..definitely a work in progress and it's free admission. We used to go to Powell Gardens all the time.

Martha said...

Love iris. They remind me of my grandmother. She had mostly purple ones that she called "flags" -- beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite flowers. I love the striped one.
Mama Bear

Still Learning said...

What beautiful flowers! Loved the photos. I used to grow Irises. I wonder why I have never planted any at my current home. Hhmmmm... you may have just inspired me.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I love Iris... just stick them in the ground and let them do their thing (my kind of gardening). I adore the interior photo.

Barb said...

Hi Chasity, your flowers are so lovely......love them!!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Barb

KayC. said...

No one should ever tirer of a beautiful garden,it calms one's soul. I love all of the flowers but the white with the yellow has got to be my favorite!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Great photos!

Irises are so beautiful.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Being that this is my very first OW and my first visit to your blog, I'm obviously not tired of your flowers...I'm soooo enjoying them. I love flowers but with my brown thumb I need to be careful about the ones I choose to plant and tend to, lol!
Thanks for sharing and may your day be a great one!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness girl these photos are amazing! I love all the detail and the colors, WOW wee! Also, glad to hear your sister is doing better..~ Happy Wednesday darling!

Marie said...

Nonsense...how can we ever get tired of that beauty...irises are indeed delicate and sweet!
-marie

Candy said...

Tire?...NEVER!
My bloomed beautifully for several days until Bambi spotted them.
(see my post from today)

Thanks for sharing yours with me,
Candy

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Happy to hear she is home!! She will enjoy that garden for many, many, many years to come!!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your flowers are really lovely and your photos of them are spectacular.

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

I love the lasst photo. It reminds me of a kaleidoscope. Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Jenn said...

I love your flowers

Unknown said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday. Your Iris are absolutely gorgeous. What lovely photographs, your garden must be a painter's dream. Karen

Alisa Noble said...

Glad to hear that Shauna is home now!

Your Irises are divine!!!

Sue said...

No I never tire at looking at beautiful flowers such as these Chasity. These are some of the most beautiful iris's I have ever seen, such detail. Thank you for sharing.
sue

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Gorgeous flowers, Chas! Glad Shauna is home. That's great news!

Please email me when you get a chance...

XO,

Sheila (who has Flit on the sidebar of my blog!)

Blondie's Journal said...

Chasity,

I love the details in the iris. It almost looks like someone drew the lines with pen and ink!

Great flowers and pictures for Outdoor Wednesday! Have a wonderful week! :-D

xoxo
Jane

Unknown said...

Beautiful irises! You took some amazing pictures.

littlebyrd said...

Beautiful! I just noticed that our Irises opened yesterday - yay!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

gorgeous pictures...the last one is my favorite!

Kristine

Shirley said...

Just loved your iris'...they are so, so beautiful...mine don't bloom all at the same time...I really enjoyed those photos.

Janet, said...

Your irises are beautiful! I just love irises, I've been posting pictures of mine lately, my white ones just bloomed and a couple of yellow ones that I didn't know I had. I have one more color that hasn't bloomed yet, but should any day now.

Stephenie said...

Love the Iris's!!!! They look so beautiful..I just can't wait for mine to bloom..They're almost ready to...
STephenie

Unknown said...

Wow, I love the last iris shot. It looksas though we are peering into a kaleidoscope. (Sp?) How wonderful!