Saturday, April 11, 2009

We refuse to call it a flop!

Well, I have to be brutally honest...the craft show today was a bit of a fizzle....
there weren't too many browsing folks and the ones who were there were sporting flannel. hmmm. not exactly a clientelle match for us...

However--
We are always looking for the rainbow through the rain....the silver lining in the clouds...
the girly-girl trapped under flannel {ha}
..
and there were many positives:
*we got to spend time basking in the beautiful sunshine ...{actually we both got burned BUT that doesn't sound so positive...I'm sure we will both tan wonderfully :)

*we got some experience setting up a booth {which was truly needed because the show in Lee's Summit in June really will be a huge event}

*we got to chat with some nice people and made some good contacts....
.

*last but definitely not least....we got to spend the day together! and it was a lovely day.
..
Thanks to all of you who sent your well-wishes in comments and e-mails...we sure do appreciate all your support!
..
{the wildflower girls did sell out of their wool birds so they are thrilled - you go girls!}

11 comments:

Maisy said...

sorry to hear it didn't go as well as you were hoping. better luck next time.
your booth looks adorable and it looks like you were having a good time.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm sorry it didn't go as you wanted it, too, but I'm glad you had a nice time with each other and got the experience of setting up for the big show ahead!

Happy Easter to all of you precious ones!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it didn't go so well, but it is nice that you take a postive look in the right direction and find all the goodness~ Have a wonderful Easter~

Jan Thomason said...

well, i've already emailed you about the show but i thought this would be a good place to tell you some FABULOUS NEWS!
oh, yes, i've done it now.......i've bestowed upon you a most coveted award.
you can pick it up on my blog at www.polkadotbarn.blogspot.com
you deserve only the best and this award, well, bloggers (just one) have been known to kill for it.

xoxo, jan

Little Lovables said...

Sorry it didn't turn out that well, we have had a few of those too! At least your set up was amazing though! Love the suitcase!!

Stephenie said...

I feel really bad things didn't go well...Your booth looks so pretty...I love that banner you have hanging...Hope you and your family have a Happy Easter....

Lori said...

congrats to the girls!!! it's always best to find that silver lining...have a beautiful and blessed Easter!!!

littlebyrd said...

Your space looked GREAT! And you guys looked so cute too!!

Alisa Noble said...

Good for you, looking at the positive side of it!
And a big Congrats to the Wildflower Girls!!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Even if it wasn't what you were hoping for it sounds like you learned a lot and still had a great day.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read about the sale---as I was tromping around the field, watching my gr. girl hunt eggs that day, I thought of you guys. The day was so sunny---I was glad you didn't have to deal with rain.
I have set through many a dead sale. I'm glad you saw the rainbow in it---you do learn something each and every time. Spending the day together also makes it easier to deal with than if you'd been there alone---voice of experience here! :)
I went to the Victorian Garden Show in Greenwood yesterday. It used to be a huge event, but it hasn't been the last few years. They still have wonderful vendors--just not as many. The crowd is way down and so is the buying. The economy hasn't helped our sales. Hopefully, that will soon improve.
Your booth looked darling, so I'm certain, when you have better weather and bigger crowds, you'll have bigger sales!!
Dana