Monday, April 13, 2009

Blue Monday....A Tribute

Today is Blue Monday....it is a grey Monday here.
..
This is a blue and white quilt made for me by my Grandma Carter.....
.

isn't it beautiful?

It took her a couple of years to finish the whole thing....
just look at all those little squares!


I treasure it.
I treasure her.


This is my Grandma Carter.

She is a beautiful lady.....inside and out.




She is laying in the hospital today because of a stroke.

My Grandma and I have a very special bond...we always have.

We used to spend every Sunday afternoon at her house and I would wail when we had to leave.

My heart aches for her because of the stroke.

My heart aches for her because she has never been baptized and given her life to HIM.

She is a wonderfully good person....giving and loving and kind.


But that isn't enough to get to Heaven....we have to humble ourselves and obey him ... be baptized... worship HIM as He has commanded us in His Word.

So please, stop for a moment today and pray for this special lady.

Pray that she be healed from this infirmity and pray that she turns her heart to God before it is too late.

I want to spend eternity with my Grandma in Heaven.

Thank you.....Chasity


You are so beautiful to me, Grandma

19 comments:

Maisy said...

hey chas~
your grandma sounds like a very special woman!
I will say some prayers.
I hope she gets well soon.
xoxo

SmilingSally said...

I will pray that your wonderful grandmother accepts what Jesus did on the cross as sufficient to pay for her sins. The thief on the cross was not baptized, yet he went to Heaven, so she can too. Thanks for sharing the picture and story of that gorgeous quilt. Happy Blue Monday.

the wild raspberry said...

every example we have of a conversion in the Bible after Jesus left this earth resulted in a baptism:

Mark 16:16
Acts 2:38
Acts 22:16

and so many more verses support this...it really is necessary.

Backyard Candle Co. said...

You got it girl! I will pray that your g'ma opens her hear to the Lord!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful quilt! It is a treasure for sure. I adored my grandmother and I miss her so much even after all these years. Your grandmother was/is a very beautiful lady. I will pray for her salvation and that she bounces back from her stroke. The Lord be with you both. Happy Blue Monday!

Blessings,
Sandi

Valerie said...

Your grandmother was stunningly beautiful as a young woman and I'm certain that she has a beautiful heart! I will keep her in my prayers.

Blessings to you from Kansas,
Valerie

Serenata said...

What a beautiful quilt made by a very special grandmother.

Mary said...

Love your quilt and tribute! :O)Mary @ Boogieboard Cottage

Barb said...

Oh, your quilt is beautiful!!

Happy Blue Monday.

Barb

Lisa said...

Oh this is such a great post! I think I joined these just to see how different the posts can be! Your quilt is a wonderful treasure.
Happy Blue Monday!
Hugs, Lisa

Joyce said...

Beautiful quilt made by a beautiful grandmother! you are a lucky lady.
Joyce

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

...prayers from NWTennessee...what a beautiful quilt...but the memories are the best..."Love is the only thing we can take with us" and she is definitely loved...

paige said...

what a beautiful post & what a beautiful lady too!
praying for her tonight
xo

Stephenie said...

My heart breaks for you...I will keep you and your family in my prayers..
Your Grandma sounds like a special lady..I love the quilt she made you..You're in my prayers...
Stephenie

~Jordan Family said...

The quilt is beautiful, but the love you have for your Grandma is the true beauty. I stopped and prayed for her right after reading your post. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful tribute.

~Theresa

the wild raspberry said...

thank you so much for all the prayers and supportive comments for me and my grandmother. it truly touches my heart and i appreciate more than you could know!
warmly,
chasity

Anonymous said...

Sweet Chasity, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma, it makes my heart hurt to hear these things, but when you talk so highly of her and how much you love her, that makes me smile.I hope she gets better soon, so you have some more time to sit with her and just be. Big hugs darling~

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Chas, you have my prayers!

XO,

Sheila

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

My sweet friend......my heart aches knowing that you are hurting. I will say a prayer for your grandmother and you and your family. Do you have a pastor who would go in and ask your grandmother if she is willing to be baptized? I have heard of people accepting Christ as their saviour late in life. God has a way of working through us for the better.

much love,
Becky