Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tea Party


The girls and I just finished our weekly poetic tea party.... the poem I read was so lovely that I wanted to share it--and so fitting since we had an evening of rain which has made the whole world outside so lush and green:


Rain Song


It isn't raining rain to me,

It's raining daffodils;

In ev'ry dimpling drop I see

Wildflowers on the hills.

A cloud of gray engulfs the day

And overwhelms the town;

It isn't raining rain to me,

It's raining roses down.


It isn't raining rain to me,

But fields of clover bloom,

Where any buccaneering bee

May find a bed and room.

A health, then, to the happy,

A fig to him who frets;

It isn't raining rain to me,

It's raining violets.

by Robert Loveman

4 comments:

Stephenie said...

I can see why you liked that poem. It is just so pretty. I really enjoyed reading your post today...I can't wait for my daffodils to bloom..
Stephenie

Lori said...

i want to plant daffodils now...that poem is lovely...how sweet that you have poetic tea parties...

Unknown said...

That's a wonderful poem...thanks for sharing. I LOVE daffodils...they are so happy and Spring-y.

I know what you mean about weeding flower bed's (in your previous post) There are quite a few in my yard and I'm trying to do a couple a day so I don't get over-whelmed. :)

Alisa Noble said...

Oh, I love it so much! Thank you for sharing!