
...
Good morning all you lovely gals! And a cheery haloo to any fellas out there too! My first thing to be thankful for today is you! Thank you for your newfound friendship, your kind words of encouragement, your own lovely posts, your cheerful pictures and inspiring ideas and your wonderful music. God is so good to surround us with lovely people and lovely things to make our days all the brighter!!.....
..
As I type up this post I am listening to "The Sunny Side of the Street" from The Quintessential Magpie's blog. Wow. Do you know it is four a.m. and I have a smile a mile wide as I type. What a delightful way to wake up. This song is one of my all time favorites. It is one of the many songs my grandma would sing to me as a child as we washed dishes together. I'm wrapped in sweet memories like a comfy, warm quilt as I type. Thank you Sheila!
..........
I am thankful for my dear husband, who is still resting in dream land right now and for the fact that if I go crawl back under those warm covers right now, he will reach for me and pull me to him, no matter how cold I am.

I am thankful for each one of my children (and their best friends), the good health that we all share, and for each one of their bright smiles and great senses of humor--most of the time...the fake spiders and snakes under my pillow really could stop...
...............
I am thankful for our little granddaughter and her little brother or sister that is growing strong and healthy in her mommy's tummy. Grandbaby one got to hear grandbaby two's heartbeat for the first time yesterday. What a blessing!
...............
I am most especially thankful that I know my God and Father in Heaven has given me each and every one of these blessings, and so many more than I will ever have time to type, or you will have time to read!! ..
Oh, and I am also thankful for super cinnamony cinnamon toast. Yum!
.....
And, lastly, I am thankful that Chasity doesn't mind fixing my post. Again.
{any time dear Debbie, any time :) chas}
Have a lovely day. Know that if you are reading this, someone is thankful for you and has already said a prayer for you today! Love to you. Debbie
..
As I type up this post I am listening to "The Sunny Side of the Street" from The Quintessential Magpie's blog. Wow. Do you know it is four a.m. and I have a smile a mile wide as I type. What a delightful way to wake up. This song is one of my all time favorites. It is one of the many songs my grandma would sing to me as a child as we washed dishes together. I'm wrapped in sweet memories like a comfy, warm quilt as I type. Thank you Sheila!
..........
I am thankful for my dear husband, who is still resting in dream land right now and for the fact that if I go crawl back under those warm covers right now, he will reach for me and pull me to him, no matter how cold I am.

I am thankful for each one of my children (and their best friends), the good health that we all share, and for each one of their bright smiles and great senses of humor--most of the time...the fake spiders and snakes under my pillow really could stop...
...............

I am thankful for our little granddaughter and her little brother or sister that is growing strong and healthy in her mommy's tummy. Grandbaby one got to hear grandbaby two's heartbeat for the first time yesterday. What a blessing!
...............

I am most especially thankful that I know my God and Father in Heaven has given me each and every one of these blessings, and so many more than I will ever have time to type, or you will have time to read!! ..
Oh, and I am also thankful for super cinnamony cinnamon toast. Yum!
.....
And, lastly, I am thankful that Chasity doesn't mind fixing my post. Again.
{any time dear Debbie, any time :) chas}
Have a lovely day. Know that if you are reading this, someone is thankful for you and has already said a prayer for you today! Love to you. Debbie





11 comments:
well said!!! i think it is so important to take some time out and think about all of the things one has to be thankful for...i am happy you are so blessed to have so many things to be thankful about!!!
debbie!
at first i thought chasity was writing this and was thinking.....there is nooooo way one of her girls is having a baby.
thanks for the reminder to be thankful. as i continue to lay in bed sick..i needed the reminder.
happy thursday :)
I have The Sunny Side of the Street playing on my blog also. I love that song. How can you not feel happy when you hear it? And, you have inspired me to remember to sing it when and if I ever become a grandma.
Wonderful post, and there is nothing better for the soul than counting blessings. Happy Thankful Thursday, and this post is lovely.
Karen
Debbie, you just made me smile with your wonderful thankful post. I am thankful for people like you in blogland. Here's wishing you no more spiders and snakes. My kids love to scare me with fake roaches. These kids are already in their 40's. LOL.
Hugs...Jeanne
What a sweet post to read, I got a good chuckle out of the fake spiders under your pillow! We are all so blessed...
Wonderful things to be thankful for!
What a great thankful post! It's amazing how much this blogging can put a smile on your face (rarely would anything make me smile like that at 4:00 a.m....YIKES!)
PS: I loved your SHOE post.....awesome idea!
What a precious post! You make me smile, Debbie. You all do, you sweet things!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed the music. I try to put on pieces that go with the day. Speaking of which, I didn't make it to Thankful Thursday. It was a wild ride today and yesterday. LOL! Hopefully, that will change next week, but I'm not betting on it.
Sending much love your way, and I'm thankful for the Lord, too.
In His Abundant Love...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Debbie,
Your post was very sweet and well said. The love we give and recieve from family is the greatest gift. And you seem to have that in abundance!
xoxo
Janie
Ok, I know this is an older post, but I've missed a bunch of 'em... and I just had to say that I loved this post (even if you are a crazy woman, being up at 4am!)
I had to "aww" and smile, seeing that picture of us at Mr. David's parents' house... that was such a fun time! Love y'all! :)
Post a Comment