Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Lovely Weekend



Deborah
What a blessing that God sprinkles a few beautiful, warm days in the midst of winter!! The high was supposed to be 70 on Friday, so it was our day to be off to our local Nature Preserve, Burr Oak Woods.
The plan was to get a trail run in with my oldest son, while the three youngest (almost 16, 14 and 12) hiked the trail, then we would meet back up with them. Candice and I were quickly abandoned by all three boys, as they decided they were going to run the trail together. Alas, we were left in the dust. But it was such a beautiful hike, we didn't mind at all! As Candice and I were hiking we kept seeing and hearing squirrel after squirrel scurrying all around us. We decided they were surrounding us because we were the best looking nuts in the forest. :o)

Then, with the nice weather on Saturday, all of our hubbies got to go on a long bike ride and we all enjoyed spending the day together for Darren's 30th birthday (our husbands youngest brother-- Shauna's husband). We had such a wonderful time. Good company, good food, good conversation, what a blessing our family is! All the cousins had a tremendous time. They built a giant volcano in the sand box, complete with several baking soda and vinegar eruptions. And....drum roll please...The three of us girls got to run together!! Hooray for us!!! Our first run together of the season! It was short, hard and fun!
.
Today, in between church services we had a passle of kiddos over. Some of the older ones went and played football, and some stayed here and had battle after battle with light sabers. I lost my arm multiple times while doing up the lunch dishes. Thankfully I recovered and was able to do a little sewing on some more bunting this afternoon. :o)
.
Tonight we are taking all the kiddos (married and otherwise) out for supper to celebrate our youngest daughter, Candice's, 16th birthday which will be later this week. (Enjoy every moment with your children. Time slips away on wings without you even seeing or hearing it go.) Isn't she lovely! Hope everyone's day is wonderful.

2 comments:

Maisy said...

The idea of my 5 yr old brings me to tears.
I registered him for all day camp this summer and I cried the entire time I was registering him. My husband walked in while I was doing it. He just smiled and gave me a big hug!
He will have a ball and I will be figuring out what to do with all my time.
At least I get to pick him up every day at 3:30 and hear all about his new endeavors!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

She is very lovely, and I'm so glad you had a day like this, surrounded by people you love and who love you! That is one of the greatest blessings in life!

XO,

Sheila :-)