Monday, January 12, 2009

How's Your Stick-to-it-iveness?

Deborah

The New Year is such a wonderful time to really aim for your highest aspirations. I know it's nothing magical, but it's just so pristine. The Year laid out ahead of us. How will we all use it?

Well, for one, I am going to be a Grandma again! This will, no doubt, be a highlight of our year. And of course I'm going to try to enjoy every second I have with my kiddos and my hubby. And I'm going to try to stick to all of those resolutions.

We're almost two weeks into the new year and I am still feeling pretty motivated. Pretty plump, pretty sore (being off the eating right and exercise wagon has it's consequences, no doubt), pretty positive, and still pretty motivated! How are you all doing?

I don't know about you, but my days are just as full thus far this year as last, but I am still maintaining that aura of "I will be more laid back and relaxed while cramming every possible job on my daily list into each minute". Am I the only nut, or do you know that feeling?

Isn't it easy to lose your perspective, and your will to stick to New Years Resolutions in the daily busy-ness of life? I am guessing that I am not the only one that struggles with this! So a word of encouragement to all of us! We can do it, girls!

Give yourself a positive mantra, whatever your goals. It really works, even if it does sound goofy. I say to myself when I run "I will be stronger. I will be faster. I will go farther." (Hmmm, maybe I watched one to many episodes of the Bionic Woman when I was a kid...) Anyway, it will help you to stay on track. And, if you take a little time for yourself, it will help you stay positive and focused as well. Keep your relationship with God first, your husband next, then your kiddos, but don't neglect yourself! Take time to pray to God, snuggle with your husband, laugh with your children and pamper yourself just a bit! Curl up with a good book (after you get off the treadmill...and out of the shower). Take a bubble bath or splurge on some really yummy chocolates, like we did this week. (Yumm, I love Swiss Chocolates!!!) Keep us posted on your stick-to-itiveness.

Some more of our favorite suggestions.

If you don't have a relationship with God, seek one. Start with His word, and go from there.
A couple of great sites:
http://www.christiancourier.com/
http://www.thebible.net/

Remember your spouse is your best friend. Keep him your closest confidant, even before your best girlfriend. Remembering this, and putting him first has enriched many a marriage.

Go girl!

4 comments:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Wonderful words of wisdom! Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kasey said...

lovely post!

the wild raspberry said...

thanks for the encouragement! love you bunches. xoxo, chas

Lori said...

what an inspiring post...i have to say that i am very bad about sticking to resolutions...i hope you do well sticking to yours!!! good luck:)