Shauna is not feeling well.
It has not been something that we want to write about.
Her pain has increased. She is severely nauseated and extremely tired. Her doctor's are starting radiation today and a new chemo tomorrow that has not been tried.
Her immunities are very low and we are concerned where she will end up with radiation and chemo added onto that.
We continue to pray for remission or that something will be found that works.
Every time the doctor says, now this drug has not been tested on this cancer, but are you willing to try it?
We want to shout "Yes, maybe this is the drug we have been praying for."
But, we contain ourselves and just say, yes.
Chas is having some tests run for some odd things going on. Her neck is very swollen on one side, insomnia and several other symptoms. They are checking her thyroid and a few other things. Again we are praying and again ask our Christian friends for prayers on both of their behalves.
A bit of positive news. The house is coming along nicely. Our sheet rock finisher guy has been over every day. We should be able to paint the living room this week. (Note, our plumbing is not even in yet, so some rooms will get totally finished while others aren't even sheet rocked, but we have got to have some normal living space, so we are a little out of order.)
It is a good thing, though sometimes it all just does not seem to matter.
A random note. If you don't care for junk in movies, such as language, nudity etc. you might check out clearplay.com. It is a DVD player that works combined with a clearplay subscription where you download a filter for movies onto a little usb that comes with the player. We have been looking at them for a while and think we will get one for our family this Christmas. It works better than tvguardian, in that it edits scenes, not just language. Wowza, I sound like a sales person. :) No, we don't sell them or anything like that, I was just glad when someone shared the info with me, so I am passing it on.
Love to you all.
Debbie
It has not been something that we want to write about.
Her pain has increased. She is severely nauseated and extremely tired. Her doctor's are starting radiation today and a new chemo tomorrow that has not been tried.
Her immunities are very low and we are concerned where she will end up with radiation and chemo added onto that.
We continue to pray for remission or that something will be found that works.
Every time the doctor says, now this drug has not been tested on this cancer, but are you willing to try it?
We want to shout "Yes, maybe this is the drug we have been praying for."
But, we contain ourselves and just say, yes.
Chas is having some tests run for some odd things going on. Her neck is very swollen on one side, insomnia and several other symptoms. They are checking her thyroid and a few other things. Again we are praying and again ask our Christian friends for prayers on both of their behalves.
A bit of positive news. The house is coming along nicely. Our sheet rock finisher guy has been over every day. We should be able to paint the living room this week. (Note, our plumbing is not even in yet, so some rooms will get totally finished while others aren't even sheet rocked, but we have got to have some normal living space, so we are a little out of order.)
It is a good thing, though sometimes it all just does not seem to matter.
A random note. If you don't care for junk in movies, such as language, nudity etc. you might check out clearplay.com. It is a DVD player that works combined with a clearplay subscription where you download a filter for movies onto a little usb that comes with the player. We have been looking at them for a while and think we will get one for our family this Christmas. It works better than tvguardian, in that it edits scenes, not just language. Wowza, I sound like a sales person. :) No, we don't sell them or anything like that, I was just glad when someone shared the info with me, so I am passing it on.
Love to you all.
Debbie





9 comments:
Praying that they find a cure for her cancer...praying...there needs to be one...and also for Chasity, that maybe it is all stress related?? Thanks for the update...hope your house comes together beautifully and that you have a wonderful christmas!
Thanks so much for the update... we'll continue our thoughts and prayers.
((hugs))
Sorry Deb I am late in responding but every time I read that sweet Shauna is going to go through something else my heart skips a beat. She is fighting so hard to battle this horrid disease and I pray that God will heal her and soon. The thoughts of her in pain tares at my heart. Now I am worried about Chas, I am wondering if she is having a reaction to Shauna's illness. I know how much she loves and worries about her, am praying it is not serious. Your sweet family has had such a rough time yet you all hold everything up to the Lord.....what an inspiration you all are. Big hugs to all of you, many prayers for Shauna, sending a special hug to Chas. Thanks for the update...:)
Honey, know that I'm prayin' hard that the any new meds will miraculously send Shauna into remission. I'm hangin' on to and believing that God has a miracle for your precious sister.
I will add Chasity to my prayer list. I hate to hear she's havin' problems.
Good to hear the house is comin' along. Girl, your plate is heaped isn't it?
God bless you and have a beautiful day!!! :o)
I am thinking of all of you and hope that your strength as a family will help you all get through this! Your closeness and strength is truly inspiring and amazing!
I hope things are ok with Chas too.
Looking forward to good updates :)
Sending big hugs to all of you!
Hi Debbie, just checking in to say hello and let you know I am thinking of you as I am all your family. Be strong sweetie and know that so many of us are praying for dear Shauna, big hugs from Canada........:-)
It has been awhile but you are all never far from my thoughts...continuing to pray for God's healing touch...gentle hugs being sent your way!
Hugs, Nancy
My prayers are with Shauna for a full recovery. We believe in the power of prayer and Gods mercy. My brother is 3 years free of stage 4 Lymphoma, Gods glory. My Sister is starting her radiation this week. Stage 4 breast cancer, She had the tumor and several lymph glands removed.Lots of chemo. Our prayers are for a full recovery. Love and prayers for you and yours. Diane
Just found your blog via FaceBook. I have prayerfully followed Shauna's journey through Debbie's emails. And now, have there been results from Chasity's tests? Is she better?
Praying blessings for you all.
Post a Comment