Monday, June 28, 2010

Thankful

Hubby rented a concrete saw at nine 'o clock Saturday morning.

It was a heavy saw.

It was a loud saw.

It's sole purpose was to cut not one, but two doorways in our basement to go into our addition...well, where our addition will be.

One of those doorways was going to be where our old fireplace was, which meant cutting out a VERY, VERY thick fire place, after tearing out the brick.

Poor hubby.

Our oldest son, Mr. Smartypants, was a huge help.
But they really needed one more pair of arms.

I offered to help, and boy I would have if I could have.
But Hubby said, no, I was not strong enough and he didn't want me to get hurt.
(This prompted one of his, "I don't know how you get through the day with those tiny arms!" He frequently says this to me, and he always chuckles when he says it.)

I sure do love my man!

After running that nasty saw all day, hubby was tired.
Deep down, bone shaking tired. His hands were swollen.
His arms resembled Popey's.

(Though he is really Superman, no spinach eating fellas here...
My man wears blue tights, thank you very much).

When he woke up this morning he took four, count 'em four, Ibuprofen.
And he's no wimp.
He said he was more sore than he ever remembered being.
And he's had a whole heap of hard days before.

Then guess what?

Today, when it would have been so nice to rest in his easy chair after worship...
the concrete fairy did NOT come and
all of those bazillion tons of aforementioned concrete
had to be sledge hammered into carriable
(is that a word?)
sized pieces so they could be taken up out of the hole,
so the concrete guys could pour the floor this week.

If that weren't enough to send hubby into an "I quit, who needs an addition anyway" mode,

he had to fire up that nasty ol' saw (again) and cut out the 10 inch thick concrete footing that had been under the fireplace with the saw that he
" was never going to touch again for as long as he lives".

Am I thankful?

Oh, yeah!

You can bet your boots that I am very thankful for such a wonderful,
hard working hubby.

And that I'm a girl.


Love,
Debbie


p.s.
My youngest daughter and I have been painting several new pieces white(read that auction finds) and I hope to take pictures and post them later this week. They will look lovely at a good friends bridal shower next month..it's going to be soooo much fun!!


p.s. again
I am really trying to get back in the habit of cooking several meals at a time and freezing them. I've had great luck before and found it super helpful. Just passin' it on, in case you want to try it too.

p.s.s.
one more random thought.
Another thing I need to get back to is exercising. My boo-tay is going to get too big for even super man to lift...and I would love to have a pretty new dress for the wedding...maybe a reward for losing a few pounds?

O.k. I am really going to bed now.
'Nite.

9 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a sweet thank you note, Debbie!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

Wow!! Good for you to stand by your man...like that.

They do deserve all the adoration, admiration, attention, (I'm trying to think of more "a" words)... anyway... don't they?

Cute post.

Tina said...

Sounds like tons of work...but YEAH for progress!!! Need to get back to the "pinky promise" updates for being healthier...I know I could use them, too!

chasity said...

i agree with tina....pinky promises should NEVER be broken! :)

i hope the concrete gets poured very very soon!!!
maybe we can get two dry days in a row again?!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

My Husband's favorite phrase: Please call someone to do it!!!...
Most of the time that someone's ME because I don't like to spend $. My Husband hates anything related to tools or remodeling, but I love him anyway. We are lucky girls aren't we??

Bernie said...

Sounds like a busy weekend for your hubby, thankfully that part is done. It will look lovely when it is completed, keeping Shauna in my prayers.....:-)Hugs

Jeanne Oliver said...

I am often glad I am a girl so I can get out of the hard manual labor!

Alisa Noble said...

Now that's a good man.

Anonymous said...

You're just so cute. :)