Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Toes

Maybe this isn't the typical metamorphosis topic but hey, I am excited!
All right....I don't have a before picture because I don't want to gross anyone out--that would be a bad way to start the week--but I can give you a description....
I went from having scaly alligator legs and cracked heels to smooth-as-a-baby-bottom legs and a
fantastic french manicure....

Instead of our typical sisters' coffee club meeting....we went for a pedicure and mom came along too. At first I was hesitant to go...I always have a hard time spending money on something so frivolous.
However, once my feet hit that bubbling water, my guilt melted away. We had a great time and now our feet are sandal ready for spring time!
{mine are the toes in the black and white checkered flip flops if you need to know} :)

Do you allow yourself pampering like this? I highly recommend it on occasion.
Have a great metamorphosis Monday.
xoxo

Chas

35 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

The toes all look great, ready for sandals. Cindy

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

1. I have your sandals!
2. I have a picture just like yours!
3. Yes, I definately get my toes done occasionally....worth every penny!

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT! i will set my pedicure appointment first thing in the AM.

It is time to be sandal-appropriate!

xo

Maisy said...

I love a good pedi but I always forget to allow time for it. I usually one get one when I go on vacation. However, your post reminds me to do it. I will go tomorrow morning.
Thanks for the kick in the pants!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love it, Chas! Cute sandals, too!

XO,

Sheila

Just Be Happy said...

To be very honest, I haven't pampered myself in awhile... but I agree with you that we should take care of ourselves, I really should be better at that.

Jadehollow said...

A lil pampering is always good. Y'alls toes are all ready for spring now. Thanks for sharing.
Have a Great Week.
Hugs,
Debbie

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

This is hilarious! Great post!

Melly said...

All you're footsies look so gorgeous, it's wonderful to pamper yourself.

Anonymous said...

:-) There's nothing like nice pedicures :-) It isn't bad at all to pamper yourself once in a while. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Bonus part is you have your friends to accompany you.

Nice toes ladies :-)

Anonymous said...

So nice looking.I cant wait.Im going saturday.I get pedicures but not manicures.So I cant wait to indulge,LOL.I love getting my toeseys done LOL.Love the sandals you have on and I love the toes in the pink ones as well.

Kim said...

LOVE it! Getting a pedicure with your friends makes it so much more fun!!! Great post Chas!

Mulberries said...

Oh how fun! They look awesome and that reminds me that I need to do something with my feet asap! One more thing, I really like the clothespin bag that you have in your store, when will you have that in stock? Thanks Chas!

Backyard Candle Co. said...

Chas, I just left you a comment under The Family. I am using my friends computer and forgot to log out and sign back in as backyard candle co! This is the second time I have done this! MAN!!!

bj said...

Oh, yes...every now and then, it is the most wonderful thing..think I'll call right now for an appointment...
Oh, and this is a GREAT post for Met. Monday..

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!! I would love to be in a pedi group like that! Its so cute that everyone chose their own style. Now I want one too!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL day! Cute post!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love your flip flops! Where did you get them?!
Fun sister/mom time.

Thanks for coming by to visit me.

Madame Meg said...

Hi!
Your feet look great! I got a mani-pedi for my 18th birthday, and my wedding, other than that I'm all DIY! Those little stick-on french manicure guides are a life-saver!
But there have been times that I thought "If I knew a good place, I would spend the money for another pedicure", but I'm always afraid I'm going to get in there and it will be disappointing, so I never go!
Thanks for stopping in at my place!
- Meg

From the Old InkWell said...

What fun! The true sign of spring and the coming of summer! :=)

Happy Monday, Marsha

Stephenie said...

Your toes look so pretty...I need to go and get my feet done too...Mine look really ugly and gross...I always neglect them over the winter...You're all ready for the sandal and the toe ring...
Stephenie

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh how great! My girls are always pestering me to go for manicures and pedicures but I've never been. I think that with a pedicure I'd just do too darned much giggling!

And I envy you the footed tub in your old house. We had that in a NYC apartment years ago -- it was HUGE, and I could actually fill it and FLOAT in it!

Right now our bath has a small Jacuzzi tub, but according to a relative of the family that owned it, once upon a time it had a HUGE old peach-colored tub. Wish it still had it!
Cass

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a fun girls day out. It is sandal time, and everyone's toes look fabulous. Good for you for spoiling yourself a little. Hugs, Marty

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind comments. I really appreciate the visit. Hugs, Marty

Lori said...

your tootsies look great!!!

Joyce said...

I love to go an have someone make my toes look pretty. My problem is all the color choices. Honestly I probably get the same color every other time:) I am posting a serious note about nails this week that you may want to read.
Joyce

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Oh my goodness! What a fun day! A sure sign that spring is here when the toes come out (even if it doesn't feel like it where I live!).

Hugs,
Judy

cherry said...

Those are some fab feet! cherry

Martha said...

I'm looking forward to a pedicure next week -- those toes look great!

Martha

Fifi Flowers said...

Looks like your toes are already to be outdoors!

Mary Bergfeld said...

One more thing to put on the to-do list. Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Chandy said...

Love them pretty toes! ;-) I don't know if I'm new to your blog, but I love it!

No, I don't do any of that salon stuff, I'm too cheap. LOL

I do my own and even got hubby to bring me home a foot water bath and massager to let me have the luxe part of it.

I'm glad you did with such great company!

Sandra said...

How pretty!!! I love the french look! Well I like them all! I should get mine done too.
Sandra

Maryrose said...

Nothing like a pedi. French is my favorite and come to think of it I think I need one now.
Maryrose

Simply Debbie said...

HELLO LADIES
BEAUTIFUL FEET. I LOVE PICTURES OF FEET.
I ALSO THINK THAT IT IS GOOD TO SPLURGE EVERY NOW AND THEN.
BLESSINGS
THANKS FOR ALL THE TIMES YOU HAVE DROPPED BY MY BLOG AND OFFERED UP PRAYERS.
HUGS
debbie