Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's really over...

I feel a bit in shock tonight....


Every Thursday night for the past 15 years, my husband and I have sat on the couch together and watched this show....every Thursday night...........
..
...after the kids were born, we always made sure to get them in bed early on Thursday night so that we could watch it without distraction.

..
We did not answer the phone if it rang. Sorry.

..

We were there during the times of Dr. Ross and Dr. Green........Nurse Hathoway.....Susan.......


Luca....
This was my all-time favorite episode when Carter and Luca were fencing while they were waiting on a teacher for a special meeting....and Abby sitting there watching it happen.


It was so funny.
Dr. Carter is my favorite on the show out of everyone....yes, even over Dr. Hunky Ross.


It was wonderful to have him back during those last few episodes....
and now we have to say Goodbye to them all.
Farewell Dear Friends....
I will miss you



And I don't want to watch some silly cop show instead! What will we do?
sniff, sniff, {sigh}
...
Reruns?

12 comments:

Backyard Candle Co. said...

Ya know, I watched that faithfully for years, but then just stopped watching after Dr. Green died. Its sad that its over. Like you said, you will always have the reruns!

Anonymous said...

I loved that show as well.Maybe not a dedicated as you and your husband,but my work daily is ER LOL.This episode was a true story about the director or producers niece.Im not sure which.Anyway there are the reruns!

Lori said...

you know, i watched that show at the beginning...then i had to start working on thursdays for a while, i lost track of what was going on...and never got back into it again...

Maisy said...

i only watched the first 5 seasons.
that will be sad. that is how i will feel when Lost is over in 2010. I am giving you a blog hug xoxo. Looks like you and hubby will not have to be creative on your thursday nights together ;)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I watched off and on, but the only thing I've watched continuously through the years is Guiding Light which is being cancelled next fall from CBS after over 70 years of existence. It was on the radio before television. I really don't watch that much anymore, but I hate to see shows that have been there get the ax. Sorry about you losing your favorite!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh you and my mom sound a like! she loves this show has watched if from the very beginning...I never really got into watching it! Have a great weekend, hope all is well~

Lisa said...

It is sad when a show ends. It's like loosing friends!
Sorry for your loss.

Hugs! Lisa

Femin Susan said...

It quite sad when the show ends. We feel as if loosing our friends.
CHeers!

Kasey said...

like all good shows, one must end with dignity.
I used to watch it, same with Tricia, stopped after Dr. Green passes away.
I thought for sure he would walk thru the door in the season finale.
xo

Leah C said...

My mom loved this show...we watched it for years:) Thank you for the expression of sympathy you left me on my blog.

Unknown said...

I loved Dr. Carter! I stop watching when he left. So I am not the faithful supporter that you are. What I love is to get the seasons on DVD and watch them uncut. So much fun. 24 is our hook! And then there is Lost...

~Liz

Sarah Bradford-Burton said...

Love your blog, and miss ER too. Your post said it all and I'm going to link it to mine so I don't have to say it again...
My daughter has grown up w/ ER, not that she watched it when she was little, but she's 18 now and really liked it.
Hopefully something new and wonderful will come along to take its place.