Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Walk in the Yard

After several days of rain and cold...it was nice to get out and walk the yard to see what changes had occured while we were huddled up indoors.
..

the tulips are in bloom....





and some lovely delicate daffodils.......









there are wild violets growing in the grass.....





and my biggest surprise....this darling little flowering almond.






we also found a snake....


I made both the girls hold it....they were thrilled. {can you sense the sarcasm? it's there}



I refuse to let them be sissies.

and we found one sweet little bird feather...

it's nice to be out again.

Hope you can get out too.

29 comments:

Martha said...

It is nice to be out again -- nothing like the blooms of bulbs to make one realize that winter is finally over

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Oh, those flowers don't really bloom in Florida. So pretty! That snake looks a little like glass lizards that we have around here...yuck!

~Kim

Valerie said...

As I was reading your post, I felt like I could have written it word for word...so I clicked on your profile and discovered that we are blogging neighbors!

We too got out in the yard today for some fresh air and to burn off some pent-up, surgar-high Easter energy!

Blessings to you from Kansas,
Valerie

P.S. Your blog is delightful I have a list of blogging "neighbors" on my sidebar. May I link you to my blog?

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love violets. The pictures of the girls holding the snake are funny, sorry girls. :)

Jadehollow said...

Beautiful flowers.. I woulda taken the Sissy label.. snakes are my worst fear.
Thanks for sharing.
Debbie

Jeanne Oliver said...

Everyone needs to put the pictures away of all their flowers in their yard...seriously, I have dead grass:-)

Just Be Happy said...

it's beautiful around here too, cold but gorgeous outside.
glad you are enjoying it too.
:o)
Alessandra

Valerie said...

Hi Chasity. Thanks so much, I'll get you listed!

By the way...we are 10-miles east of Lawrence, KS on K-10 (boo...hiss, I'm a Missouri grad!).

Take care,
Valerie

P. said...

Your flowers are wonderful!

Alfazema

Light and Voices said...

Spring is here...I'm loving your tulips and almond tree blossoms. Such a treat to see your flowers on your blog.
Joyce

Kat said...

Beautiful photos (except for the reptile, sorry I'm a big sissy when it comes to those things without legs!) I love tulips, they are my favorite flower, and the flowering almond is gorgeous, I don't think I've ever seen one before. Thanks for sharing these (again, except for the long skinny thing with no legs lol) Kathy

LuLu said...

Blooms make everything so pretty! It's been rainy here as well and hoping for a break in it to enjoy the blooms! Thanks for sharing your blooms!!!
LuLu

Backyard Candle Co. said...

That is such a precious sight! I cant wait for warmer weather here. It has been down right cold. Love the pics of your girls holding the snake! I dont know, but I think Im a sissy! :)

Barb said...

Oh, your flowers are so lovely...I especially love the tulips.

Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Barb

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I love the flowering almond!!! All of your photos are amazing...fresh spring blooms are my favorite!!!

I can't believe you got your girls to hold the snake my daughter would have had a heart attack...literally!!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to get outside after the cold. I enjoyed the walk in your garden. Mostly....I guess I'm a snake sissy.

Kathy b

Anonymous said...

gorgeous flowers, love the tuplips and the purple, was it almond flowers? I have never seen those but they look delicate and pretty~
The snake, I could do without...shiver..I am a sissy!

SmilingSally said...

Those flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

flmom said...

Love the feather photo - those are always a wonderful treat to find on our nature walks.

Mandy said...

Beautiful pictures! It's great that your girls held the little snake!

Mandy

Unknown said...

Pretty flower pictures...but....ewwwww...the snake. I'm guessing it was just a garden snake but I'm not fond of any snakes....call me a SISSY! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers. About the snake. I don't remember it, but I'm told that when I was two years old I was found out in the yard (we lived on a farm) poking at a little snake with a stick. Guess I didn't want to pick it up, just poke at it. lol
Charlotte

à la parisienne said...

I am delighted to have you as a new étudiante de français! I really appreciate what you have written on your profile. It sounds like you have the right balance in your life. Sometimes it's hard not to get carried away with things...and lose focus. I wish you and your sisters all of the best!
Mandy

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Chasity... beautiful blooms... Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

It' an Evolution said...

Oh my heart the snakes are out already...my they can smell spring quickly :) So enjoying your blog and products!
Janet

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Beautiful pictures of the flowers. I live in a country were there aren't many snakes. Only in a few places. I don't mind they are my worst fear. The girls are heroes helding them.
greetings

The Quintessential Magpie said...

They are far braver than I! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Unknown said...

That snake looks harmless enough, unlike most of the snakes here in Tanzania - mambas, puff adders, etc. :)

Beth at Aunties said...

Your spring blossoms are so pretty! the almond is beautiful and so are your non-sissy daughters:)!!! Our daughter couldn't be either with her three brothers. Our little ones love the snakes in our yard.

Hopefully we can get spring here for good. It snowed last night again!