Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Alright....I know that I've been adoring and admiring those wonderful old homes--but for Thankful Thursday, I want to clarify: I am incredibly thankful for the home that I have been blessed with. I am content with what I have....God has blessed me beyond measure.


Every day I am thankful to Him for giving me a warm, safe home to stay in and for giving my husband a job that allows him to provide for his family. Not every one in the world can say that.

And of course, I must remind myself that all these wordly treasures are fleeting. One day they will all be gone and we will be called to our Eternal Homes. And it is that home- in heaven -where I long to live the most!

Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have, for He has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Hebrews 13:5

May God bless you today---Chasity

10 comments:

Maisy said...

AMEN Siser.
Thanks you for the reminder today to appreciate and be thankful for what I have.
When I first started in the blogging world someone e-mail me pics of their house. Girl, was that you???
xoxoxoxoxo

Lori said...

your home looks lovely! i am glad you have so many things to be thankful for!!! great post:)

Lori said...

hey silly:) i don't really love my mailman!!! don't be starting rumors now...hee hee...maybe i should change that to "like"...it feels like love when i am getting good packages though!!! we used to have a mail gal...i actually liked her better...she was really sweet!!!

Lori said...

i changed it...LOL...have a great day!!!

Stephenie said...

That scripture is just so true. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful, I sometimes go through life and forget.
I love your house by the way.
Stephenie

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I LOVE your home!!!!!! YOURS would be the one I'd be stopping at and clicking away!!! Wonderful and so very charming. Yes, to have your own home is something to be sooooo thankful for.

big hugs to you and your girlies,
Becky and the bunch

April said...

Love your home! This was such a great "Thankful Thursday" post! Have a good one!

Jeanne said...

Hi Chasity, I agree with your post today so much. We are so lucky to have a home and the means to live a life of comfort. Not of extravagance, but of comfort. Money is a need but more than you need is a luxury. Thanks for reminding us to be thankful for what we have.

Hugs...Jeanne

Just Be Happy said...

Thank you for sharing your blessings with us. I'm very thankful for those things too, it's good to remember that sometimes.
:o)

Anonymous said...

I am lovin' thankful Thursday..we all have so much to be thankful for, it is fun to dream and amdire, we when it comes down to it, there is nothing like home, our home! :)
P.s. thanks for your sweet comments yesterday, I sat in a puddle of tears..good tears reading all of them! have a wonderful weekend...!